Sign in to follow this  
KingxEagles

Jason Garret has a better coaching staff than Doug Pederson right now.

13 hours ago, alphaTATEr said:

so you're going to try and act like that is the norm for Swartz ? you cant because he never calls a game like that. why did it take playing the lousy jets to spice up the defensive calls ? maybe Pederson dug into him ?

He can't call alot of Blitzs on good QBs because our Secondary can't cover one on one. 

20 hours ago, Northern Green Wings said:

The only game I felt he coached poorly on the defensive side was against the Lions. 

Against the Redskins, it was clear the entire team was rusty until they woke up the second half.

Against the Falcons I thought he coached really well and blitzed more than we've seen from him in forever and it confused Matt Ryan. Unfortunately he blitzed probably one too many times and it costed them in the end.

Against the Lions he went blitz heavy again and it rarely worked. The Lions easily picked it up and had easy throws/completions. If we're going to blitz that heavy and not get home we at least have to force the QB off balance. On a TD they gave up they blitzed the house, the Lions picked it up such that Stafford stood like a statue in the pocket to deliver an easy completion for a TD.

Against the Packers I don't think he coached horribly. Jones wasn't exactly good before going out, and then Maddox was epicly bad. They couldn't do anything right in coverage against Adams.

Against the Jets I think he took advantage of a young QB who didn't have preparation. While it was easily our best defensive game of the year, I thought he coached a better game against the Falcons even though it didn't go our way.

Honestly I don't know if we blitz enough, or too little, or too much. I do know that in general our blitzes haven't been effective. Whether that's been the players executing or his coaching it's tough to say. But if we aren't blitzing well, i'm more inclined to not blitz. Nothing is worse than sending pressure that doesn't get home. 

There are many aspects to blitzing. Fran just went over it. You need good coverage and you need the pressure generated. Blitzes can also be counter acted with hot routes and good decision making.

But just because our guys are not getting home doesnt mean the blitzes are "bad" per se.

My only issue with Schwartz's blitz packages, are they are not really creative or disguised well. They looked a lot better against the Jets in terms of disguise and misdirection. Than they did against the Lions. But it's the Jets.

15 hours ago, Uscg-Green said:

He can't call alot of Blitzs on good QBs because our Secondary can't cover one on one. 

point taken on the secondary, I have said as much myself, but the scheme Swartz runs doesn't call for blitzing in general. it never has. never will. he wants pressure from his front four. when he does blitz it seems predictable. I mean I can see it every time he calls one, im sure the opposing coaches do too.

just not a big fan of his.

Rod Marinelli is a good coach. The jury is still out on Kellen Moore. To be honest, I would take that pair over Schwartz and Groh.

Jeff Stoutland and Dave Fipp are as good as it gets.

32 minutes ago, Uscg-Green said:

I spend time reading their message board sometimes. They absolutely despise their coaching staff.

I had a cowboys fan come into my work today and she said she hopes the cowboys lose out the rest of the season just so they get rid of Garrett lmao. 

16 hours ago, KingxEagles said:

JG's staff >>> Eagles' staff.

You mean the staff that couldn't beat the frickin 0-4 Jets? Hoping I just didn't pick up the sarcasm.

So a couple thoughts here.  First of all, while I will never be able to prove a damn thing, my gut says the Pokes could have pushed Collins into playing but decided to let him rest for the Eagles game.  It was the Jets , right?

Second, both teams are flopping.  But I trust Doug to get his team ready under duress way, way more than Garrett.  Hell, even last year's turnaround wasn't fueled by garrett, it was the trade from upstairs.  The Poes are an organization where the coach is a powerless cuck and the players will never close the doors and the Jones out.  The only guys who can do this are the Jonses and what card do they have?  Paying somebody out of the blue?

On 10/7/2019 at 1:40 PM, Northern Green Wings said:

The only game I felt he coached poorly on the defensive side was against the Lions. 

Against the Redskins, it was clear the entire team was rusty until they woke up the second half.

Against the Falcons I thought he coached really well and blitzed more than we've seen from him in forever and it confused Matt Ryan. Unfortunately he blitzed probably one too many times and it costed them in the end.

Against the Lions he went blitz heavy again and it rarely worked. The Lions easily picked it up and had easy throws/completions. If we're going to blitz that heavy and not get home we at least have to force the QB off balance. On a TD they gave up they blitzed the house, the Lions picked it up such that Stafford stood like a statue in the pocket to deliver an easy completion for a TD.

Against the Packers I don't think he coached horribly. Jones wasn't exactly good before going out, and then Maddox was epicly bad. They couldn't do anything right in coverage against Adams.

Against the Jets I think he took advantage of a young QB who didn't have preparation. While it was easily our best defensive game of the year, I thought he coached a better game against the Falcons even though it didn't go our way.

Honestly I don't know if we blitz enough, or too little, or too much. I do know that in general our blitzes haven't been effective. Whether that's been the players executing or his coaching it's tough to say. But if we aren't blitzing well, i'm more inclined to not blitz. Nothing is worse than sending pressure that doesn't get home. 

Schwartz hasn't been awful, although it's getting comical how bad we are biting on the play action and that's now 2 plays we had 10 men on the field.  The biggest issue is the gaping black hole we have at LCB.  Give me a decent CB there and this defense is fixable.   Cross your fingers the Pokes are missing some linemen and Cooper because if not we can't cover them.

Nothing has changed. The Eagles' Offense is beyond pathetic. Nothing but garbage. You had a chance to get WR help at the trade deadline but did nothing. Predictable garbage offense full of nothing. Jason Garret's offensive staff would have killed the Patriots if given that many chances from the defense.

3 hours ago, KingxEagles said:

Nothing has changed. The Eagles' Offense is beyond pathetic. Nothing but garbage. You had a chance to get WR help at the trade deadline but did nothing. Predictable garbage offense full of nothing. Jason Garret's offensive staff would have killed the Patriots if given that many chances from the defense.

It's criminal what the front office and ownership have done to this team:

• We got older in positions of need based out of nostalgia and convenience.
  • We traded for an injury-prone, 32 year old, one-trick pony WR and decided to base our entire offensive scheme around him.
  • We have a GM that refuses to trade picks for proven veteran players because he looks for "good value" or insists on squandering them on injury-prone, project players.
  • We extended a QB to a $128M deal that hasn't even won a playoff game.
  • Coaches and ownership coddle certain players, while releasing others that speak up and criticize coaching schemes.
  • Our offensive coordinator was so terrible at his job in the NCAA, his own father fired him.

I could keep going with this list, but I put the failure of the 2019 season on the coaches and the front office.

The only issue 

down 2 WRs and one RB

You need a passing game to beat the better teams.

QB accuracy will get better with all weapons available.

I'm not impressed with the cowpies or the eagles right now......any game is a toss up.

There are rumors that Dallas will hire Oklahoma head coach Lincoln Riley next season. PLEASE HIRE LINCOLN RILEY! He has consistently coached his team out of big games by playing "not to lose." That's exactly who you want on the opposing sideline.

His gift seems to be developing young talent. That isn't as important in the NFL.

1 hour ago, SBorBust said:

There are rumors that Dallas will hire Oklahoma head coach Lincoln Riley next season. PLEASE HIRE LINCOLN RILEY! He has consistently coached his team out of big games by playing "not to lose." That's exactly who you want on the opposing sideline.

His gift seems to be developing young talent. That isn't as important in the NFL.

as an OU fan, I agree with this statement...

Riley's logic is fundamentally flawed and his MO is rinse, wash, repeat....

1. Get a big lead 

2. Takes foot off gas 

3. Get in right lane, set cruises control to 55 

4. Lets opponent back in game 

5. Puts game in weakest units hands (defense) 

1 hour ago, birdman said:

as an OU fan, I agree with this statement...

Riley's logic is fundamentally flawed and his MO is rinse, wash, repeat....

1. Get a big lead 

2. Takes foot off gas 

3. Get in right lane, set cruises control to 55 

4. Lets opponent back in game 

5. Puts game in weakest units hands (defense) 

You posed the argument in terms that are MUCH more clear. This is stated perfectly.

It's been almost two years and I still can't believe how he single-handedly gave away the Georgia game. The man ended the game and overtime by playing for field goals with the Heisman Trophy winner and one of the worst defenses in the history of big-time college football. 

On 11/17/2019 at 11:06 PM, birdman said:

It's criminal what the front office and ownership have done to this team:

• We got older in positions of need based out of nostalgia and convenience.
  • We traded for an injury-prone, 32 year old, one-trick pony WR and decided to base our entire offensive scheme around him.
  • We have a GM that refuses to trade picks for proven veteran players because he looks for "good value" or insists on squandering them on injury-prone, project players.
  • We extended a QB to a $128M deal that hasn't even won a playoff game.
  • Coaches and ownership coddle certain players, while releasing others that speak up and criticize coaching schemes.
  • Our offensive coordinator was so terrible at his job in the NCAA, his own father fired him.

I could keep going with this list, but I put the failure of the 2019 season on the coaches and the front office.

So tired of seeing the bolded. Do people even realize who his father was?

Look it up. Al was 9-7 with jets and bailed on them for a college job. Not even a top tier college job. His career as a college coach is like 85-92. He sucked. Firing the OC was his attempt to keep his own job, nothing more.