Sign in to follow this  
opa-opa

How come Brady's receivers never drop passes

1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

He doesn't suck, he is just really inconsistent.  Sometimes, he flashes brilliance.  That TD run showed how well he can move with the ball.  His speed is good enough for him to get open a lot.  His problem is that for every outstanding play, he's got 2 that make you shake your head. He had a few really bad drops yesterday.  If he could eliminate those mistakes, he would be an outstanding football player.  

Our problem is that in his 5th year, he should not be making these mistakes anymore.  Some of that would be understandable from a rookie or maybe even a 2nd year player, but a vet receiver needs to figure things out.

We also had some uncharacteristic drops by guys that normally would make those plays.  How many of those TD passes does Goedert drop?  Maybe just a bad day.  Guys worked harder in practice than they were used to?

He has far more bad plays than good ones... for a 5th year former first round pick... he sucks... He is a number three target at best that most teams would hope the QB does not have to go to...  He is just not good man... why keep him over some of the better playing FA wide receivers that were out there this offseason, who are making less than $9 million.

36 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

because brady puts the ball in the right position for them to catch the ball.

Literally all 7 of those dropped passes were perfectly placed balls so I really DO NOT get what game you watched... that uncontested drop by Whiteside is the kind of pass THEY DRAFTED THAT GUY FOR...

1 hour ago, toughfighter83 said:

because brady puts the ball in the right position for them to catch the ball.

Not any more complicated than that

6 hours ago, opa-opa said:

And why do ours drop so much. And it's not like the Pats always have all-world receivers. But seems like even their average WRs never drop a pass. 

So let me know when Brady loses his two starting wide receivers and plays with two back ups, whether they drop balls or not.

Jullian Edelman  was 6th in drops last year

James White had 5 / tied with Ertz with 5

Josh Gordon had 4.

So factually this thread is completely wrong 

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

Jullian Edelman  was 6th in drops last year

James White had 5 / tied with Ertz with 5

Josh Gordon had 4.

So factually this thread is completely wrong 

Facts!!. Love it.

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It comes down to execution really. In 2017 this team executed almost perfectly and had a few lucky breaks go our way. So far this year we've not had those breaks.

Torrey Smith couldn't catch a damn cold throughout 2017 

If he didn't make the most epic catch in the NFCCG (I think he dropped a wide open first down earlier in the game too) he would be roasted by Eagles fans for eternity. 

1 minute ago, pdmkob said:

Torrey Smith couldn't catch a damn cold throughout 2017 

If he didn't make the most epic catch in the NFCCG (I think he dropped a wide open first down earlier in the game too) he would be roasted by Eagles fans for eternity. 

He was still a legit deep threat that teams had to prepare for. He drew PI calls too.

3 hours ago, aman88 said:

Because the three receivers the Eagles had on the field (Aghalor, Hollins, Whiteside) probably do not play on 25 or so teams in this league...

Aghalor just sucks... I do not get why they are paying him $9 million this year... there were plenty of other WR they could have signed for that.

Hollins I give a pass... he himself even said hes a special teamer...

Whiteside is just not good... I am sorry... but after his eventless preseason... two starts where he did nothing... he is not a starting WR in this league... maybe he can be a decent 3 or 4 option I do not know... but seems like good starting WR instantly make plays, and that dropped catch at the end of the game was just a routine catch...

Really it all falls on the management... whoever drafts and decides what FA's to bring in... fact is they have not drafted a good receiver in over 10 years since Desean... Additionally, the only two NFL level WR on the roster are Jeffrey and Jackson (both 30 plus years old) and Jeffrey has not been healthy since his third year in Chicago and Jackson has not played a full season since 2013...

When DJax was drafted....you immediately saw that explosiveness and ability to makes plays. FYI, that's the last WR worth a 'ish that the Eagles drafted before and after for a long time. They SUCK at drafting!

The Patriots always surround Brady with the best hands & route runners they can find.  But every blade has two edges and there's a reason Brady has barely had any viable deep threats in his entire career.

34 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He was still a legit deep threat that teams had to prepare for. He drew PI calls too.

I wonder if he is willing to come out of retirement?  I would take him over these guys any day... 

5 hours ago, 97is said:

Because they actually practice. Because they don't sign soft receivers. A guy like Agholor would never start for the pats

So they don’t cancel practice knowing their backups need to get reps in? Amazing concept I don’t understand how Doug didn’t realize this:lol:

10 minutes ago, russrock1 said:

When DJax was drafted....you immediately saw that explosiveness and ability to makes plays. FYI, that's the last WR worth a 'ish that the Eagles drafted before and after for a long time. They SUCK at drafting!

Idk, Maclin was pretty good for us, then after some injuries flamed out pretty fast. He didn't show a lot his rookie season either.

But definitely not a good showing for JJ. That catch he dropped at the end was a supposed strength of his. Ball wasn't perfectly placed but it hit him literally in the hands, in a relatively standing position. He flat out needs to come down with that.

But there was many reasons we lost, drops were one of them.

OP: NFL told you the answer years ago, didn't you listen?  His balls are easier to catch because they're much softer than anybody elses...................................

32 minutes ago, aman88 said:

I wonder if he is willing to come out of retirement?  I would take him over these guys any day... 

Absolutely I would. If he's kept in reasonable shape but I guess it depends how long we expect Desean to be out for. 

Pats...Discipline, Accountability, surely no lackadaisical attitude,,,But I do hate them as much as Dallas, I  get the impression that we look "high-schoolish" compared to them.

Their WR's are always experienced. When's the last time Brady had a rookie and a special teams bum as starting WR's? 

3 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Be sure they don’t draft scrubs like JJAW in the second 

You mean they do not move up 16 picks in the second round using a third round pick to draft someone like Chad Jackson?

5 hours ago, aman88 said:

Literally all 7 of those dropped passes were perfectly placed balls so I really DO NOT get what game you watched... that uncontested drop by Whiteside is the kind of pass THEY DRAFTED THAT GUY FOR...

Don't feed the troll!   @toughfighter83 quits on the team at the first sign of trouble.  

He and his twin, bobbywizdum, hate Wentz, too.

7 hours ago, manz2821 said:

They practice hard and knowing Belicheck they know if they drop a game winner they will not see the field. In our case the offender gets a pat on the back and some motivational b.s. Doug needs to be harder on his players.

He’s too busy being their friend and not a coach!  Same problem Kap has with the Phillies!  

Rumor has it N'Keal Harry dropped a pass this off-season. Hes on IR now. Does that answer the question?

43 minutes ago, Born_Green said:

He’s too busy being their friend and not a coach!  Same problem Kap has with the Phillies!  

Oh man dont get me started on the Phillies.  When they fell behind the braves in the summer I kept telling myself-- atleast I will have the Eagles in the fall.  and now. Its like the Phillies and the Eagles are pretty much the same.  So called talented roster but cannot perform in the clutch or when it matters.