AlpineEagle

Week 4: Cowboys @ Saints

1 minute ago, eaglesfandan said:

For sure I have been saying that we are going to have to score 30+ a game this year to win.  Yikes.

I know Howie probably doesn't want to give up the picks, but our pass rush isn't as good as 2017.  So, if we want to win the SB, we have to add an impact defensive player and that is either Ramsey or Howard.  Even then, I think our defense will still have issues here and there.

The sky is not falling.  They didn't show up and the game plan in general was just bad.  They are still 3-1 and leading the division.  If the same team shows up next week then I will be worried.

1 hour ago, Hefty Smurf said:

The sky is not falling.  They didn't show up and the game plan in general was just bad.  They are still 3-1 and leading the division.  If the same team shows up next week then I will be worried.

pretty much how i feel...though the Tyron Smith injury seems to be pretty bad and that alarms me.

part of me is very mad because the game plan was so brutal and the coaches basically gave up a win...

3 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

It’s lovely to wake up to a Dallas loss

it's not......

42 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

pretty much how i feel...though the Tyron Smith injury seems to be pretty bad and that alarms me.

part of me is very mad because the game plan was so brutal and the coaches basically gave up a win...

This game plan had Garret written all over it.  Everything that you had success in doing the last 3 weeks went out the Window.

54 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

This game plan had Garret written all over it.  Everything that you had success in doing the last 3 weeks went out the Window.

So that's how its gonna be now?  Every time you look good its Moore every time you look bad its Garrett?

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

It’s lovely to wake up to a Dallas loss

Dude check out Skip Bayless' meltdown today, it's epic. 

25 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

So that's how its gonna be now?  Every time you look good its Moore every time you look bad its Garrett?

I blame Gilbride.

37 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Yep right now it is. 

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

i think Garrett as the HC figured they'd run the ball and control the clock from a strategy standpoint because there is no other explanation. If you look from a scheme standpoint at what they did the first few weeks (spread teams out, heavy passing team on 1st downs, a lot of play action passes, RPO's, misdirection) they did none of that this week...i mean none, someone had to make a conscious decision to do that.

it would be one thing if they came out and ran the same things they ran week 1-3 and it got stopped, but that isn't what happened for the most part, they came in with a bad game plan and never adjusted.

I was listening to 3 Dallas fans today complaining about "all the flags" thrown against them last night.

:blink:

I'm not sure what game they were watching...

12 minutes ago, Quiet Boy said:

I was listening to 3 Dallas fans today complaining about "all the flags" thrown against them last night.

Remind him of the Clete Blakeman eff up, then tell him to eat a Tide Pod.

2 hours ago, Quiet Boy said:

That was a horribly officiated game and while the fake Zeke fumble and the fg they allowed after time should have expired at the half seems big in a 2pt game....dalllas lost because they had a horrific game plan  and were sloppy on offense 

16 hours ago, Quiet Boy said:

This loss was not because of the refs. It is on Dallas players and coaches. We just don’t show up to play. Our OL looked way over paid for what they produced. 

Loosing suc?s but it’s just one game. See Dallas fans are as bad as Eagle fans when their team looses. 

1 hour ago, gch said:

This loss was not because of the refs. It is on Dallas players and coaches. We just don’t show up to play. Our OL looked way over paid for what they produced. 

Loosing suc?s but it’s just one game. See Dallas fans are as bad as Eagle fans when their team looses. 

i like to complain about the refs,,,they suck and the review process is a joke....but unless it's a botched call that seals a game for another team, you can't really blame officals when you lose...How about Jason Witten just not fumbling the ball....or Dak hitting an open Cobb in the endzone, or Cobb not dropping a big 3rd down pass, or the coaches being more aggressive on both sides of the ball....even 1-2 of those things and what the refs did would not have mattered

3 hours ago, gch said:

haha you sound exactly like a typical philly fan ;)

The facts are Dallas is still 3-1 and leads the division. A quarter of the way through and they look like the best team in the division. Lot's will change between now and playoff time, between injuries they suffer, that other teams suffer, more slumps or adversity etc. While it's troubling that the first decent team they've faced on the schedule gave them problems, they have still set themselves up in good position in the first quarter of the season. They could of played down to the Giants Redskins or Dolphins but easily handled those teams. I'd expect more like that and less like the clunker on Sunday

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

i like to complain about the refs,,,they suck and the review process is a joke....but unless it's a botched call that seals a game for another team, you can't really blame officals when you lose...How about Jason Witten just not fumbling the ball....or Dak hitting an open Cobb in the endzone, or Cobb not dropping a big 3rd down pass, or the coaches being more aggressive on both sides of the ball....even 1-2 of those things and what the refs did would not have mattered

Botched calls tend to happen and throughout the course of a season it should even out for your team. The Eagles lack of fumble recovery against the Cowboys last year immediately stands out, but at the end of it all even with the refs fudging the call the Eagles had more than ample opportunity to win that game and squander it away. Likewise the Cowboys can't blame the refs about losing. At the end of it all they only put up 10 points. You don't win many games only putting up 10 points and that has little to do with the refs. It's probably only frustrating because the Saints managed a 12 point outing which should signify a win. It might of been an easier pill to swallow if the saints put up 20+, and then other people/fans would look at why their team came up short as opposed to blaming the refs.

Blaming the refs tends to happen in close match-ups far too often.

4 hours ago, Northern Green Wings said:

haha you sound exactly like a typical philly fan ;)

The facts are Dallas is still 3-1 and leads the division. A quarter of the way through and they look like the best team in the division. Lot's will change between now and playoff time, between injuries they suffer, that other teams suffer, more slumps or adversity etc. While it's troubling that the first decent team they've faced on the schedule gave them problems, they have still set themselves up in good position in the first quarter of the season. They could of played down to the Giants Redskins or Dolphins but easily handled those teams. I'd expect more like that and less like the clunker on Sunday

Botched calls tend to happen and throughout the course of a season it should even out for your team. The Eagles lack of fumble recovery against the Cowboys last year immediately stands out, but at the end of it all even with the refs fudging the call the Eagles had more than ample opportunity to win that game and squander it away. Likewise the Cowboys can't blame the refs about losing. At the end of it all they only put up 10 points. You don't win many games only putting up 10 points and that has little to do with the refs. It's probably only frustrating because the Saints managed a 12 point outing which should signify a win. It might of been an easier pill to swallow if the saints put up 20+, and then other people/fans would look at why their team came up short as opposed to blaming the refs.

Blaming the refs tends to happen in close match-ups far too often.

I forget the scientific term for it...but people tend to only remember the calls that go against them...it’s why fans of both teams usually feel they were hosed by the refs...

Annoying that so much of the fallout from this is how the Cowboys supposedly failed, like they were playing some pushover. The Saints have quietly put together one of the best rosters in football with the only slight weakness being the WR depth after Thomas. Beat Seattle at Seattle which is damn near an impossible thing to do. Hung tough with the Rams at their place for 3 quarters even after losing Brees and getting that terrible call on the touchdown that called back. If not for the possible worst call in NFL history they would've been in the SB last year. But it's all about how the Cowboys fell short. Couldn't be they were just playing a really good team, heavens no.

53 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

I forget the scientific term for it...but people tend to only remember the calls that go against them...it’s why fans of both teams usually feel they were hosed by the refs...

Confirmation bias?