Sign in to follow this  
Don Corleone

Cardinals owner Bill Bidwill dies at 88

1 minute ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Many people won't care, but it'd be nice if you correct the spelling of his name in the thread title. It's Bidwill. 

Done, thank you.

I remember a time when Bidwill wasn't thought of very highly. He was known as being 'cheap'.

I think it was Mark May who went to Arizona as a Free Agent, and when he got there, they'd only issue him one single pair of OL gloves for the entire season. He had to call back to the Redskins and ask their equipment room to FedEx him a few pairs.

13 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I remember a time when Bidwill wasn't thought of very highly. He was known as being 'cheap'.

I think it was Mark May who went to Arizona as a Free Agent, and when he got there, they'd only issue him one single pair of OL gloves for the entire season. He had to call back to the Redskins and ask their equipment room to FedEx him a few pairs.

Stories like this (and there are many) are his legacy.

On 10/2/2019 at 2:47 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

He also is cursed for his hand in not giving up the championship to the Pottsville maroons. Bidwell is was not a good owner. 

On 10/2/2019 at 1:47 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So it's May who's too cheap to buy his own?

2 hours ago, heavywchamp said:

Should he have also bought his own helmet and shoulder pads?

Players don't buy their own equipment.

11 hours ago, heavywchamp said:

No

This man (Bidwell) chose money over human beings. I'm fine with his decision. It was his money. That being said, don't ask me to mourn him.