Sign in to follow this  
BCEagle

Van Noy blames boneheaded penalty on 'dumb' Philly Special

BDN living in Van Noy's head rent free.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/10/02/kyle-van-noy-matt-barkley-quote

"I mean, when you’ve been hit with that dumb Philly Special, that’s an everlasting thought in your mind,” he said.  The AFC defensive player of the week is referring to Super Bowl LII against the Eagles, in which Eagles QB Nick Foles called a trick play on the 1-yard line that resulted in a touchdown. He thought Bills’ quarterback Matt Barkley was also calling a trick play."

Everyone with a Twitter account should send him pictures of Nick catching the ball, or videos of it with Kevin Harlan shouting "What did we just see?!?!?!" running on a loop.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Everyone with a Twitter account should send him pictures of Nick catching the ball, or videos of it with Kevin Harlan shouting "What did we just see?!?!?!" running on a loop.

One of my favorite calls of all time.

42 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

One of my favorite calls of all time.

I love the call, but I always found it funny that he’s saying it on the radio, where anyone stuck listening to his broadcast because they couldn’t watch the game, would be thinking they had no idea what he saw, because they’re listening on the radio and can’t see the game. 

17 hours ago, BCEagle said:

BDN living in Van Noy's head rent free.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/10/02/kyle-van-noy-matt-barkley-quote

"I mean, when you’ve been hit with that dumb Philly Special, that’s an everlasting thought in your mind,” he said.  The AFC defensive player of the week is referring to Super Bowl LII against the Eagles, in which Eagles QB Nick Foles called a trick play on the 1-yard line that resulted in a touchdown. He thought Bills’ quarterback Matt Barkley was also calling a trick play."

Here's a tweet of the interview, if you want to add it to the first post:

19 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I love the call, but I always found it funny that he’s saying it on the radio, where anyone stuck listening to his broadcast because they couldn’t watch the game, would be thinking they had no idea what he saw, because they’re listening on the radio and can’t see the game. 

Radio listeners got the play-by-play before that:  "Clement takes the snap, tosses to Burton, who throws to Foles. Touchdown." (paraphrasing). Even though they're listening on the radio, they have to realize Harlan is watching the game, calling it to them.

27 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Here's a tweet of the interview, if you want to add it to the first post:

Good find. I actually kind of like the guy.