Mr Optimistic

Do we have a legit rivalry with the Vikings and their fanbase?

I've always gotten the impression that the Vikings fanbase hates the Eagles (especially our fanbase) ever since the NFC Championship game. We spoiled a great opportunity for them to have a home team advantage in the Super Bowl. Then laughed and rubbed it in their face for most of the year after. (Mostly via social media, I'm on twitter a lot)

This is the first time the Eagles have been in Minnesota since the SB. If anyone is going to Minnesota for the game, please let us know and come back to this thread next week to fill us in on your experience. I'm very curious to see if Vikings fans are still very mad at our fanbase for being mean to them at the NFC Championship game and absolutely skull Fing their team of destiny out of the playoffs. If they still are, this is their chance to let it be known this Sunday.

They hate us and have every right to after we ruined their "fairy tale” season in their own house. F ‘em. I hope they hate us even more after this week. 

2 minutes ago, Quiet Boy said:

They don't like us, we don't care about them.

This pretty much says it. 

They haven't earned our hatred yet.

No. Their fan base is a bunch of whiny bishes who thought they were going to be cute and "take over" Philly when all they really did was poke the bear then cried because it mauled them. F the Vikings and their fan base.

their fans came here and tried to take a ish on our area like they were some Viking horde only to find out they were actually a bug under our feet.  

didnt they put vikings crap on the statue? f the vikes 

I think the Vikings fans hate us for ruining their Super Bowl dreams. I think we think of them as a nuisance.

Yes. As of now I’d say yes, but I also think the degree will change over time. In the early 2000’s, we had a bit of a mini rivalry with Tampa but that has faded a lot since. I’m sure we’ll be poking fun at the Vikes fan base for awhile. 

1 minute ago, toolg said:

I think the Vikings fans hate us for ruining their Super Bowl dreams. I think we think of them as a nuisance.

No, they hate members of this fan base because they were mean to them on their trip to Philly, never mind the fact that they instigated it and the media ate it up like it was super funny.

30 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

No. Their fan base is a bunch of whiny bishes who thought they were going to be cute and "take over" Philly when all they really did was poke the bear then cried because it mauled them. F the Vikings and their fan base.

This right here.

Their team hasn't done enough to earn our hatred.  And we don't respect their fanbase enough for them to be rivals.

To be a true rivalry it must be two-sided! So far, it has not been so. So until they crush OUR dreams, it is not a rivalry on our part!😂

We also took over their corny hands over head "SkOL” chant and used it for when FOLES checked into the game and now use it @ the Linc whenever SPROLES is about to field a punt 

I would hate us too 😂

🙆🏽‍♂️🙆🏻‍♂️🙆‍♂️ 🦅

7385524-6492409-image-a-17_1544715706576

Are we seriously supposed to respect THIS???

C'mon, man!!!   :roll:

They were actually being dbags and disrespecting Philly BEFORE the NFC Championship, which makes it all the more pathetic that they cried afterward about how "mean" we are.

Rivals have histories of beating each other in significant games. So far they've got nothing significant against us. So no.

25 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yes. As of now I’d say yes, but I also think the degree will change over time. In the early 2000’s, we had a bit of a mini rivalry with Tampa but that has faded a lot since. I’m sure we’ll be poking fun at the Vikes fan base for awhile. 

I went on a field trip with my younger son's school to the statue of liberty a few months after the super bowl win. there were about ten Vikings fans on the ferry and the kids all started mocking them with the foles/skol chant.

brought a tear to my eye I gotta admit.

Also, a member of their base suggested the NFL strip the Eagles of a draft pick because of the way they were treated in Philly

So, again, F em :roll:

In 1981, the Vikings beat the 6-0 Eagles to start the Birds' slide to 10-6 and a wildcard exit.

Judging by peoples reaction to this thread there is definitely a rivalry. But so far no one is going to the game??

Listening to philly radio today, they were talking about the Minnesota fanbase. They still hate us. Apparently their sports radio station isn't letting Eagles fans on air lmao