Sign in to follow this  
pliny

Micheal Bennett Suspended by Pats

4 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I suspect those numerous reports are based off of Howe's article.

He wanted more money and publicly stated he wasn't taking a pay cut, so the dealt him, they aren't likely to trade for him to bring him back.

lol again, they aren't likely to trade for him.

As I said, I don’t think it’s  an option either. I just don’t think it’s a bad idea to explore

2 minutes ago, gaitherfan said:

I just don’t think it’s a bad idea to explore

And all I'm saying is, if they wanted here, he'd be here, that it makes 0 sense to trade for him.

1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

They probably think it's French or something.   Anything longer than four letters can really throw some people off.

You picked "off" because it's only 3 letters, right?

🤣

The guy saved our defense last year. Losing him was huge

I said it in a different thread the other day, there's something wrong/off with Bennett. He's on his 3rd team in 3 years, and it looks like it'll be 4/4 by next year.

With all his talent, you'd think he'd have some staying power

Never should have traded him. He was our most productive DE last season and Long was out the door already. So quality depth at what once was a strength was already becoming an issue. Has Curry even done anything yet?! Other than pocket millions $?

If he (Bennett) wasnt a disruption in the locker room, this was a boneheaded decision by Howard.

13 hours ago, TheGodfather said:

If he's cut pick him up. Only position I'm trading for is CB and WR

Impact defensive end is ALWAYS included in that list. Bennett was the Eagles best DE last season and Barnett has not lived up to the lofty expectations.

That's a big cap number next season. However, I'm surprised by how many people dismissed the idea so quickly.

2 hours ago, SBorBust said:

Impact defensive end is ALWAYS included in that list. Bennett was the Eagles best DE last season and Barnett has not lived up to the lofty expectations.

That's a big cap number next season. However, I'm surprised by how many people dismissed the idea so quickly.

If we're talking Yannick, I'd trade for him in a heartbeat. Bennett I'll take him back if released 

8 hours ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Never should have traded him. He was our most productive DE last season and Long was out the door already. So quality depth at what once was a strength was already becoming an issue. Has Curry even done anything yet?! Other than pocket millions $?

If he (Bennett) wasnt a disruption in the locker room, this was a boneheaded decision by Howard.

Especially when the idea was to replace his production with Curry? All Chris Long wanted was a fair amount of snaps and we couldn't offer it.

Barnett and Graham have 1 sack outside the Jets game... pathetic.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:13 PM, Kasanova King said:

I'm not sure why people are joking about it but bringing Bennett back would be an instant upgrade to the D Line.  We could then play both Cox and Graham (who has been better) on the inside with Bennett and Barnett on the outside.

I'd take him back. No trade though. He'd have to be cut by Pats and come back at no mega deal too

44 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

On the Cowboys now

Traded for a little more than a bag of chips but not much more. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001069111/article/patriots-trade-de-michael-bennett-to-cowboys:

New England traded the veteran defensive end to the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday in exchange for a conditional 2021 seventh-round pick, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source. ESPN first reported the news.

15 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Same as what we got for him, no? Says something that two teams have decided to let him go in such a short period of time for token comp.

26 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

Same as what we got for him, no? Says something that two teams have decided to let him go in such a short period of time for token comp.

We gave up a 5th.

3 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

He actually fills a big need in Dallas.

We could have used him too

18 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

We could have used him too

Would have been great to have him and Long.

I don't get the Curry signing. He just isn't that good.

like it, he can be an effective spot player and 3rd down pass rusher for Dallas..no real risk... starts acting up and they can cut him. From what I've heard Kris Richard was his DC in Seattle and they have a great relationship...so maybe that means something?

On 10/25/2019 at 12:11 AM, InfiniteUnknown said:

They will cut him and that will be a career for him. Locker room cancers are not worth it.

I thought I read he's a free agent after this season unless he's extended.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:05 PM, eglz1 said:

I thought I read he's a free agent after this season unless he's extended.

Dallas restructured his contract making him a FA after the season ....

Just now, Stephen1 said:

Dallas restructured his contract making him a FA after the season ....

So he’s there just long enough to get Cowboy cooties...