Don Corleone

Rams acquire Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey

5 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

$108 million in 5 players.

I tried to google this but I’m not sure of accuracy. I’m sure the cap will increase in 2020 but the current cap is what $188M? 

They better win it all this year or that’s an expensive 10 (maybe playoffs) game rental. Salary cap hell isn’t as bad if it leads to a championship. 

ETA: Isn’t Kupp up for an extension at end of season too 😂 

Just now, pisceschica said:

I tried to google this but I’m not sure of accuracy. I’m sure the cap will increase in 2020 but the current cap is what $188M? 

They better win it all this year or that’s an expensive 10 (maybe playoffs) game rental. Salary cap hell isn’t as bad if it leads to a championship. 

Overthecap projects 2020's cap # to be $200 million, this year, it's $188.2 million.

I guess I'm in the minority in being glad we didnt give up what the rams did for ramsey. Dude pulled up to TC in an armored truck with some clown announcing that he needs more money. How many of you morons would have bished about that all offseason and reg season. 

Anyway, giving up that many assets for a position that isnt even a priority in this league anymore is silly. 

Just now, Don Corleone said:

You need to replace Jason Peters, he's in his mid 30's and on the final year of his deal, so yeah, give me the LT to protect Wentz.

What I am trying to say is that the Eagles have not drafted a Pro Bowl player since 2013.  Obviously, Carson Wentz is a very good player, but he was drafted 2nd overall.  We would be giving up 1st rd picks in the late teens or 20s.  We do not have a good track record drafting first round picks.   

Just now, fanfrommd said:

What I am trying to say is that the Eagles have not drafted a Pro Bowl player since 2013.  Obviously, Carson Wentz is a very good player, but he was drafted 2nd overall.  We would be giving up 1st rd picks in the late teens or 20s.  We do not have a good track record drafting first round picks.   

I know what you're saying and I agree, Howie&Co need to be better at drafting.

Having said that, the Eagles are going to have some roster turnover at the end of the season, they're going to need the cap space they have as well as the draft picks to replenish.

The hope is, they hit on more picks than they have recently.

1 minute ago, fanfrommd said:

You dont give up all your draft picks just because you havent been great at drafting. They did win the superbowl if I remember correctly. Couldnt have drafted that terribly. 

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

I know what you're saying and I agree, Howie&Co need to be better at drafting.

Having said that, the Eagles are going to have some roster turnover at the end of the season, they're going to need the cap space they have as well as the draft picks to replenish.

The hope is, they hit on more picks than they have recently.

They should have a lot of cap space next year.  Nelson Agholor, Jason Peters, Daren Sproles, Malcom Jenkins (although I hope he's back), Ronald Darby, Jason Kelce (if he retires.  I hope he doesn't), I think Jordan Howard only has 1 year left on his contract.  That's about $48 million in cap space, and I'm sure there are others I can't think of.  There is plenty of money to sign Ramsey and whoever else we need.  I have no faith in this front office to draft pro bowl or all pro talent.  I'm more comfortable trading unkowns for a proven, young, all pro talent. 

8 minutes ago, eaglezfan4lyfe said:

You dont give up all your draft picks just because you havent been great at drafting. They did win the superbowl if I remember correctly. Couldnt have drafted that terribly. 

That team was full of veteran talent that we signed or traded for. 

Just now, fanfrommd said:

They should have a lot of cap space next year.  Nelson Agholor, Jason Peters, Daren Sproles, Malcom Jenkins (although I hope he's back), Ronald Darby, Jason Kelce (if he retires.  I hope he doesn't), I think Jordan Howard only has 1 year left on his contract.  That's about $48 million in cap space, and I'm sure there are others I can't think of.  There is plenty of money to sign Ramsey and whoever else we need.  I have no faith in this front office to draft pro bowl or all pro talent.  I'm more comfortable trading unkowns for a proven, young, all pro talent. 

Eagles are projected to have $39.363 million in 2020, this does not account for rollover, OTC is showing $21.724 million in current cap space, they're going to roll the bulk of that into 2020 and they're going to need it.

1 minute ago, fanfrommd said:

That team was full of veteran talent that we signed or traded for. 

I thought it was a good mix. I dont remember any free agent or traded for superstars that helped us win who we paid huge money to or traded multiple picks for.

1 hour ago, fanfrommd said:

Let's see what the Bears win with Khali Mack on the team.  My guess is that while he's a good player, he won't move the needle that much.

You throw 2 first round picks at players you build your team around - not emotional wrecks who effectively hold their way out of contracts.

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

Rams gave up a bundle to get Ramsey. Wow.

After investing in peters and talib.   They have a while lot invested into that secondary along with gurley, goff and donald.

They   are  all   in 

better get it done stat 

5 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

After investing in peters and talib.   They have a while lot invested into that secondary along with gurley, goff and donald.

They   are  all   in 

better get it done stat 

They traded Peters today and placed Talib on IR yesterday.

Well, being that teams use at least a three-wide receiver set much of the time, two burnt pieces of toast and a shut corner still makes for piss-poor secondary. 

2 hours ago, pisceschica said:

And they still may or win their division; bc some of their issues are on OFF side.  

Can they afford him past this season with those big contracts they already gave Donald, Gurley, and Goff?

Rams are likely in 3d place in their division this year.  Niners have gotten off to a great start and may be this year's 2017 Eagles.  Hawks are looking strong too.  Methinks Rams will experience the Super Bowl loser's blues.

2 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

$108 million in 5 players.

At the end of the day, football is a TEAM sport.  Too many stars does not a good team make.  Better to spread the wealth around more.

Just now, Procus said:

At the end of the day, football is a TEAM sport.  Too many stars does not a good team make.  Better to spread the wealth around more.

Yeah, they're top heavy.

4 hours ago, yllihP said:

Glad Philadelphia didn’t give up that much. 

Same here.  One 1st round pick is enough for Ramsey.  You still have to pay him a mega contract too.

I think Howie made the right move.

1 hour ago, Procus said:

Rams are likely in 3d place in their division this year.  Niners have gotten off to a great start and may be this year's 2017 Eagles.  Hawks are looking strong too.  Methinks Rams will experience the Super Bowl loser's blues.

I don't really watch Rams games or highlights much but from what fans say, the problem has been O-line and protecting Goff.  

It could be Coughlin just didn't want to work with Howie and the Eagles. Might have have bitter thoughts from both his time in NY, and what seemed an odd HC interview after the Giants canned him.

7 hours ago, ThinkGreen said:

Our first round pick this year was Dillard. 

And he will help us keep our '16 first round pick