Don Corleone

Rams acquire Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey

Damn.....  I wonder if Howie inquired about Peters n what the cost was in draft pick  if they didn't like any player on our roster 

Just now, Outlaw said:

Ok. Get us Chris Harris and Von Miller. 

Not going to happen now that they have won 2 straight and the chiefs have lost 2 in a row. They probably feel they are in with a chance 

10 minutes ago, yllihP said:

Glad Philadelphia didn’t give up that much. 

So with the 2 first rounders we saved an undersized DE and a bust corner 🙂

Just now, rdusin01 said:

I wanted Ramsey as much as anyone, but not for all of that

I didn't care either way, but that was the going rate. You don't get a talent like that for just a single 1st round pick.

That means the Eagles never offered Jacksonville 2 1's. We are no better than the Rams in fact maybe a little worse.

Khali Mack is a great player - but he isn't worth what the Bears gave up.   Let's see if the team wins one playoff game with Mack on the team.

Giving up the farm for one player is almost never a good move - especially if that player is not a QB.

1 minute ago, Procus said:

Khali Mack is a great player - but he isn't worth what the Bears gave up.   Let's see if the team wins one playoff game with Mack on the team.

Giving up the farm for one player is almost never a good move - especially if that player is not a QB.

Yup, I posted this over in the blog regarding the Rams trades today

I'm not knocking their trades, good for them. I just never thought it was realistic for Howie to give up two 1st's for Ramsey, he reportedly offered a 1st and a 2nd and was told no. You have to have a set price that you're not willing to go above, Howie's seems to have been that reported offer.

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

Would you rather have Jalen Ramsey or Derek Barnett and Andre Dillard?  How about Jalen Ramsey or Nelson Agholor and Marcus Smith?  

1 minute ago, fanfrommd said:

Would you rather have Jalen Ramsey or Derek Barnett and Andre Dillard?  How about Jalen Ramsey or Nelson Agholor and Marcus Smith?  

LT > CB

And they still may or win their division; bc some of their issues are on OFF side.  

Can they afford him past this season with those big contracts they already gave Donald, Gurley, and Goff?

Just now, fanfrommd said:

You mean Jalen Ramsey - signed for another year and a half?  Jalen Ramsey who just temper tantrumed his way out of J'ville?

I'll take Barnett and Dillard on their rookie contracts over a temperamental Jalen Ramsey signed for another year and half.  You want this guy on your team if won't sign long term and is sitting out after being franchised?

2 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Can they afford him past this season with those big contracts they already gave Donald, Gurley, and Goff?

$108 million in 5 players.

4 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

LT > CB

That's all well in good when the LT is much more talented than the CB.  Jalen Ramsey is a difference maker.  We have had difference makers at cornerback since Lito and Sheldon.  I'm tired of watching this slop in the secondary. 

5 minutes ago, Procus said:

You mean Jalen Ramsey - signed for another year and a half?  Jalen Ramsey who just temper tantrumed his way out of J'ville?

I'll take Barnett and Dillard on their rookie contracts over a temperamental Jalen Ramsey signed for another year and half.  You want this guy on your team if won't sign long term and is sitting out after being franchised?

You wouldn't trade for him unless you sign him. 

1 minute ago, fanfrommd said:

That's all well in good when the LT is much more talented than the CB.  Jalen Ramsey is a difference maker.  We have had difference makers at cornerback since Lito and Sheldon.  I'm tired of watching this slop in the secondary. 

You need to replace Jason Peters, he's in his mid 30's and on the final year of his deal, so yeah, give me the LT to protect Wentz.