Sign in to follow this  
selassieyouth

Nick back at practice today.

Not the most talented QB, but I'm not sure how many in the league could have had that game against Tom Brady. Dude was just clutch.

I'll always be thankful!

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Glad he's back, will he get the job back in JAX? I'm not so sure. 

Yes. 

That is my opinion. 

I have not been impressed with Gardner to be honest. He has flashed but over all he looks like a young 6th round draft pick. 

NICK will be back.

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Glad he's back, will he get the job back in JAX? I'm not so sure. 

He should get the job back. They're averaging less than 20 points per game with Minshew. Minshew's only thrown 2 interceptions, but he's also lost 4 fumbles and fumbled 4 more times than that. The Jags are also 3-3 with him, arguably 3-4 given how early Foles got hurt in the first game. I personally don't think that should be enough to unseat your starter.

3 hours ago, zenclaybourne said:

He should get the job back. They're averaging less than 20 points per game with Minshew. Minshew's only thrown 2 interceptions, but he's also lost 4 fumbles and fumbled 4 more times than that. The Jags are also 3-3 with him, arguably 3-4 given how early Foles got hurt in the first game. I personally don't think that should be enough to unseat your starter.

Agree and I think Coughlin will be a strong supporter of Nick.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:37 PM, wrestlevessel said:

Bring St. Nick back here :)

Can he play corner?

If there is a significant QB injury to a contender this weekend, then it will be interesting to see if the Jags consider moving Nick.  It will also depend on whether a team could absorb Nick's contract at this point of the year.  Minshew has played well enough to justify giving him the job, especially when you consider that Jax is at least a couple of years away from being a contender.

He is already 10 times the QB just coming back than Wentz!!!  The Jaguars odds of winning the Super Bowl just went 1-1!

17 hours ago, zenclaybourne said:

I absolutely loved this scene. I mentioned it before the season in another thread. 

NICK Finally became Jason's favorite player...  

"That guy won a Super Bowl...... FOLEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS."

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:58 PM, zenclaybourne said:

Today's game may have been enough to put them in the Minshew mode, but I still think that would be a mistake.

I'd hope not, I really can't root for other teams but I still want Nick to do well and start.

Any update on Foles?

On 10/26/2019 at 2:51 PM, Uscg-Green said:

He deserves to be somewhere he can start.

Agreed. Which is why Eagles shouldn't be mentioned

On 10/25/2019 at 11:51 AM, zenclaybourne said:

He upped his turn over ratio in today's game according to the game coverage. He threw two costly INT's in the 4th quarter  today .Also had another fumble that he lost. He leads the league in fumbles according to what I've read. 

But who knows how the Jags  think. They are on their bye this next week. They still have the Colts  twice. Raiders, Titans again, Chargers and after that, I'm not sure. 
Today's loss put them back under 500.
So the question is, do they want to continue to see if this kid can be their future? Or do they go with the more experienced player in Foles. In hopes they can salvage their season.

Their top site writer Oesher, doesn't think paying Foles the money they are, wouldn't be out of line with what most teams are paying  QB's who are their starter, if they continued with Minshew.
The fans are certainly crazy about the kid. But then compared to what they have been use to, it wouldn't take much to impress.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:41 PM, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Im a huge Foles fan, but no way they take minshew out. Stick to the hot hand.

It's not exactly the "hot" hand...luke warm would be more accurate. But that seems to be the concensus among the Jag fans too.  I guess they have been doing pretty good at the gates too since Minshew has taken over. So that could be another consideration I guess.

I honestly think they need to put Foles back in to know what Minshew even is. They have a fair idea of what Foles is, at the very least a capable starter. If he comes in and the team is worse, then they know to ride with Minshew next year. If the team gets better, they know to either continue with Foles or look to the draft if the improvement is insufficient. If they look the same, then they can reconsider in the offseason. If they stick with Minshew and go 500, they won't know if he's improving the WR corp or if Bortles was actually just that terrible. Worse, they'd be stuck with only a fair idea of Foles.

Marrone will make Minshew-Foles choice during bye

There's likely to be plenty of time to drink in an ugly 26-3 AFC South loss to the Texans as the Jaguars make their long flight back home from England.

While he leaves behind a lopsided loss, Jacksonville coach Doug Marrone will decide between veteran free-agent signee Nick Foles, who's coming off a clavicle injury, and rookie Gardner Minshew.

Marrone told reporters following Sunday's loss that he would step away to take some time to make the decision before telling Foles and Minshew of who will take the reins going forward. Marrone said he would make the decision likely around next Sunday before the team returns from its upcoming bye.

"I haven't spoken to either quarterback yet, and I hate talking through the media about my plans, but the plans were -- again, the disappointment of the team, not performing well, will be on my mind now for the next 48 hours," Marrone said after the game. "I think after those 48 hours are over, I'm going to step away a little bit, take a break because I don't have to make a decision and have time. That's what I'm going to talk to the quarterbacks about, and then I'll tell them probably right before we come back on Sunday, we'll be able to discuss where we're going to go. That's pretty much my plan."

Foles was signed in the offseason under much fanfare, but his Jaguars debut lasted less than a quarter when he broke his left clavicle against the Chiefs. He subsequently underwent surgery.

With Foles injured, Minshew looked good in relief against the Chiefs, throwing for 275 yards and a pair of touchdowns. Taking the field with a trademark mustache and headband, Minshew played well and Minshew Mania became a thing.

It might have run its course on Sunday, though, as the Jaguars' offense as a whole struggled and Minshew had three turnovers.

Marrone insisted it will not be one ill-fated game that determines his decision, though.

"Yeah, you know, I've got a lot of questions, and I'm not naïve... And it's not one game, it'll be a body of work," Marrone said.

The Jaguars are 4-5, having gone 4-4 with Minshew starting.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001072257/article/marrone-will-make-minshewfoles-choice-during-bye

8 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I didn't know he was ready to play already. Thought I read something about week 11?

Yep, they have bye week 10, so their next game is week 11 against Reich's Colts.