Sign in to follow this  
selassieyouth

Nick back at practice today.

In those four wins, Minshew was 76/129, 951 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs and 102.6 passer rating, along with 22 runs for 96 yards, 0 TDs and 2 lost fumbles.

In his other four starts against the Texans, Panthers, Saints and Texans, he was 90/153, 1,059 yards, 3 TDs, 3 INTs and a 78.3 passer rating, along with 19 runs for 133 yards, 0 TDs and 6 lost fumbles.

The Jags have scored 150 points during that span, an average of 18.75 points per week. That would be 8th worst in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/player/gardnerminshew/2562796/gamelogs

I knew Minshew would come back down to earth sooner rather than later. 

I know why he switched to #7, but still, he looks weird not wearing #9. 

On 10/25/2019 at 5:35 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Glad he's back, will he get the job back in JAX? I'm not so sure. 

Yes, it was announced yesterday.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:52 PM, mike030270 said:

I didn't know he was ready to play already. Thought I read something about week 11?

Next week will be week 11. They are on their bye this week...week 10. 

I think there were a few reasons to their returning to Nick. 

One is they still have 3 division games to play. Both with winning records. Colts twice and Titans again. Minshew for as well as he has played, has not beaten a team with a winning record.
Secondly, Minshew has been listed on their injury report the last two weeks. First with a groin issue. Then this passed week with a shoulder problem of his throwing arm. 
If this kid is being groomed to be their future, they don't want to chance damaging him physically in a season that may already be lost post season wise.

Then they may also feel that Nick gives them the best chance to make the post season. Given his record with the Eagles at this time of the year. But to compare this Jags team to those Eagles team is ridiculous! There really isn't any comparisons.Jags don't even come close!
Their defense has been up and down...and the Ramsey situation didn't help their chance of being consistent either. He simply quit on the team. Forcing their hand into giving him what he wanted and that was... out of Jacksonville! 

They've had no TE to rely on to help over the middle of the field.  Where most of the damage against them has been done. O'Shanassey and Bream have landed on IR. Leaving only Koyac a second year player, and Oliver a rookie. Who came off of IR 2 wks ago himself. Nick has his work cut out for him for sure. And I'm not so sure he will be able to get them where they hoped he would when they signed him, with what they have surrounding him. 

This one guy posted he believes Nick's HUGE ego,( laughed hysterically over that ) contrary to what his outward manner implies,  has lusted ( his word not mine) to get back out there. And that eventually it will be his undoing.

The lack of a quality supporting cast might well be his undoing, but it surely won't be because of a huge ego!

1 hour ago, back2nj said:

Yes, it was announced yesterday.

Yeah after watching Minshew in the flesh... that's an easy decision. 

Nick getting the start. 

I dont think there will ever be another guy who leaves the team that I will care to follow more than Nick. 

Dawk was similar. I just had to watch.

46 minutes ago, back2nj said:

Same here!

I get the feeling that whatever the rest of this seasons results are, will determine Nick's future with this team. 

They already know that Minshew can play at this level. So it wouldn't suprise me if they decided to go with him after this season. And try to find a trade partner for Nick.

Even if they can't, they took the complete hit this seaon for the Bortles money remaining to him. So it would't be unheard of or unexpected for them to do the same with Nick's unpaid portion of his guaranteed money. Which is 25 mil. So if they couldn't trade him they could cut him. Especially given that they have Minshew for 3 and possibly 4 more seasons for peanuts. 

They really don't have that many players on their roster who are close to nearing the ends of their careers. Campbell is the main one. 

Don't know how Nick would feel about going back to a back up role again.We know he gave back money to the Eagles to have a chance at being a starter somewhere. 

I'd rather see him retire than end up on another crappy team. The jags were suppose to be a pretty talented team from all accounts. But they certainly haven't shown it or performed as one imo. 
It's not all Minshews fault either. He did as well as he could. Given the injuries they sustained and then the Ramsey issue.Then there was Tevan Austin deciding not to play at all this season. Seen by many  as their best LB. 

Nick going down with the shoulder  injury in the very first quarter of the opening day game, only added to the situations that had been brewing, before the season even began.

Yeah, 

BUT THAT PASS THOUGH. 

On 11/4/2019 at 12:38 AM, zenclaybourne said:

In those four wins, Minshew was 76/129, 951 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs and 102.6 passer rating, along with 22 runs for 96 yards, 0 TDs and 2 lost fumbles.

In his other four starts against the Texans, Panthers, Saints and Texans, he was 90/153, 1,059 yards, 3 TDs, 3 INTs and a 78.3 passer rating, along with 19 runs for 133 yards, 0 TDs and 6 lost fumbles.

The Jags have scored 150 points during that span, an average of 18.75 points per week. That would be 8th worst in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/player/gardnerminshew/2562796/gamelogs

That Rappaport tweet is so clickbaity, with that beautiful babe that is in the clip for all of a half second. 

10 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

That Rappaport tweet is so clickbaity, with that beautiful babe that is in the clip for all of a half second. 

Coleen Wolfe. She's a Birds fan too. :drool: 

On 11/8/2019 at 6:13 PM, selassieyouth said:

Yeah, 

BUT THAT PASS THOUGH. 

THAT WAS UNBELIEVABLE! STILL NOT SURE HOW HE GOT THAT OFF WHILE BEING CRUSHED!