Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeM37

And now Michael Bennett...

Bennett has been traded three times in 2 years... yet, its a mistake to give up on him?   Ok, then the Eagles are in company with the Seahawks and Patriots.  

I think another reason players are starting to judge and react to Roseman by his moves, along with the anonymous comment made about the Ramsey trade.

I'm not saying trading back for Bennett would have been a guaranteed fix, but players in the locker room saw Roseman bring back Curry for a redemption tour if you will and he hasn't done squat.......but Roseman has issues with trading back for a productive DE when he could help this team win. Especially for pennies.........what if players are saying "so you give an unproductive guy a second chance, but you won't give a productive guy a second chance"

I get Bennett may not be a favorite by some in the locker room, but where do you draw the line wanting friendship over production?

Just because everyone is buddy-buddy in the locker room doesn't mean that helps you win games. We are lacking production in many areas. 

5 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Went to the Dallas Cowboys in a trade. Before any of you start with his issues and behaviors, yeah we know all of that but the guy produces when he is on the field and consistently gets to the Quarterback. It is something we desperately need on this team....yet, the Eagles have outsmarted themselves yet again. 

Dude wasnt coming back here. 

40 minutes ago, Maga301 said:

I think another reason players are starting to judge and react to Roseman by his moves, along with the anonymous comment made about the Ramsey trade.

I'm not saying trading back for Bennett would have been a guaranteed fix, but players in the locker room saw Roseman bring back Curry for a redemption tour if you will and he hasn't done squat.......but Roseman has issues with trading back for a productive DE when he could help this team win. Especially for pennies.........what if players are saying "so you give an unproductive guy a second chance, but you won't give a productive guy a second chance"

I get Bennett may not be a favorite by some in the locker room, but where do you draw the line wanting friendship over production?

Just because everyone is buddy-buddy in the locker room doesn't mean that helps you win games. We are lacking production in many areas. 

This actually was my entire point. Whether he was liked or not, his production on the field should have counted for SOMETHING. The Eagles aren't doing a thing with what is on defense right now at any position. The guy produced and did that consistently.....

2 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

This actually was my entire point. Whether he was liked or not, his production on the field should have counted for SOMETHING. The Eagles aren't doing a thing with what is on defense right now at any position. The guy produced and did that consistently.....

Well this is why you have locker room issues, players are questioning the teams decisions. Bennett isn't making this team 5-2 or 4-3 but yes he was productive here.....the players need to also be held accountable, we are 3-4 because they aren't playing well enough, and coaches aren't coaching well either. 

1 minute ago, Maga301 said:

Well this is why you have locker room issues, players are questioning the teams decisions. Bennett isn't making this team 5-2 or 4-3 but yes he was productive here.....the players need to also be held accountable, we are 3-4 because they aren't playing well enough, and coaches aren't coaching well either. 

Agreed. The coaches.....none of us know what the hell any of them are doing ....

Maybe he'll poison the Cowboys' locker room now. Dude has trouble swirling around him all the time.

When I read the thread title, I thought Bennett was running his mouth. I was getting fired up lol

7 hours ago, Uscg-Green said:

Bennet is a POS. Glad he wasn't here long and glad we didn't trade for him. Dallas is perfect for him.

Highly agree. And i'm on record for saying I did not like when the Eagles got him.

6 hours ago, manz2821 said:

Bennet was upfront about being a POS. I would rather have that than have back biting ananoymous players. 

I would rather have neither!😂

7 hours ago, Maga301 said:

What you are saying kinda has some merit to it.  When Curry left the first time after super bowl LII it wasn't on bad terms with the players but the front office didn't want to pay him..   Right move.... But it seemed widely accepted he wasn't going to be resigned and the media didn't really bat an eye about it..   When Bennett left after last season, I don't really think it was on "bad" terms.  I mean there was no drama with any of the players or coaches as far I know but he wanted more money and the front office didn't see it that way..   Vinny Curry was out of a contract and the front office didn't want to pay him.  Bennett was already under contract and wanted a reworked deal. 

All this being said.....  There's one more huge piece of this puzzle.   MeSean!!!!  Did the same exact crap Bennett did last season, several seasons prior MeSean was doing the same thing.... Wanted a reworked deal with more money....  So while Howie was busy bringing everyone back for a reunion tour he jettisoned a productive player in favor of MeSean!

8 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Like Bennett or not.......he produces when he's on the field and I think this is a good pickup for the cowpies.

Jerruh’s master plan:  getting intel on the upcoming pats game , feeding revenge factor to Bennett  & at same time, an ex EAGLE, that there is the bonus!  Now, jerruh can sleep at night w/out choking on his pillows...

2 Super Bowl teams got rid of him. There is a reason for that. You want to complain that Dallas just got a piece of crap? Go right ahead, but most of us won't be joining you.

10 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Talk About The Cowboys?

you get what you pay for.

18 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He was so expendable that they suspended him?   He’s a malcontent and not a good teammate.   He was a problem here and obviously there.  Let him go to Dallas with the rest of the A Holes

yet somehow Dallas gets all these rejects and drug users to play cohesively. One thing I will give Jones credit for, is he will take the worst criminals and give them another chance. He's turned around the lives of many people because of it. 

As for Bennett, I thought he was great when he was here. Maybe there were issues, but I was ignorant to them and felt he did all we asked of him and more. 

4 hours ago, The_Talon said:

yet somehow Dallas gets all these rejects and drug users to play cohesively. One thing I will give Jones credit for, is he will take the worst criminals and give them another chance. He's turned around the lives of many people because of it. 

As for Bennett, I thought he was great when he was here. Maybe there were issues, but I was ignorant to them and felt he did all we asked of him and more. 

LOL.  Yeah.  Whatever.  Dallas hasn’t won ish in over 20 years with those cohesive dckbags.  And Bennett obviously was a problem in the locker room or Howie would have kept his production around and New England wouldn’t have sent him packing.  So I don’t know how you know "he did all that was asked of him and more”.   Unless you had access to the locker room and were privy to conversations between he and the coaches.   

15 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Maybe he'll poison the Cowboys' locker room now. Dude has trouble swirling around him all the time.

That’s be awesome. 

22 hours ago, Maga301 said:

Then again maybe he was, I can speculate too. Could find no reported problems except asking for a bump in salary which looked like he deserved but I thought TO needed a bump too. They chose to pay Graham $39 mil for 3 yrs and Malik $30 mil for 3 yrs. Bennett contract 2 yrs at about $8.3 mil per. With the Pats 2.5 sacks in 133 snaps. Maybe there was some dirty laundry not aired by the Eagles but if not I think Howie made a boo boo, really more than a few

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

LOL.  Yeah.  Whatever.  Dallas hasn’t won ish in over 20 years with those cohesive dckbags.  And Bennett obviously was a problem in the locker room or Howie would have kept his production around and New England wouldn’t have sent him packing.  So I don’t know how you know "he did all that was asked of him and more”.   Unless you had access to the locker room and were privy to conversations between he and the coaches.   

Apparently you must’ve