Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeM37

And now Michael Bennett...

On 10/25/2019 at 6:18 AM, GeorgeM37 said:

Went to the Dallas Cowboys in a trade. Before any of you start with his issues and behaviors, yeah we know all of that but the guy produces when he is on the field and consistently gets to the Quarterback. It is something we desperately need on this team....yet, the Eagles have outsmarted themselves yet again. 

Go fart in a bag then put the bag over your head 

On 10/25/2019 at 7:37 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He was so expendable that they suspended him?   He’s a malcontent and not a good teammate.   He was a problem here and obviously there.  Let him go to Dallas with the rest of the A Holes

I’ll take A holes who win over nice guys who can’t get the job done!  We’ve stuck with this players need to be good character players and look at the production we get!  The last few years our best wr is a tight end and we need three RBs to do the job of one.  CBS get their jocks handed to them every week for the last I can’t even remember when we had decent CBs and the FO hasn’t even come close to  touching an offensively talented player since TO!  Thanks To McNabb for Fing that relationship up... anyway bottom line is we have no identity on this team!  No one sees us on the schedule and says " oh crap I have to play against this guy”

2 hours ago, REIDMUSTSTAY said:

Go fart in a bag then put the bag over your head 

Dude I’ve done that!  Very good high

1 hour ago, Born_Green said:

I’ll take A holes who win over nice guys who can’t get the job done!  We’ve stuck with this players need to be good character players and look at the production we get!  The last few years our best wr is a tight end and we need three RBs to do the job of one.  CBS get their jocks handed to them every week for the last I can’t even remember when we had decent CBs and the FO hasn’t even come close to  touching an offensively talented player since TO!  Thanks To McNabb for Fing that relationship up... anyway bottom line is we have no identity on this team!  No one sees us on the schedule and says " oh crap I have to play against this guy”

LMAO at the high comment. But yes, thank you for seeing my perspective on this....I can say the last time I remember having good CB's was Lito Shepard and Sheldon Brown and how many years ago was that? There was a time when people DID dread seeing our defense but no longer is that the case. As much as I hated Reid running this team, at least we beat the cowgirls consistently and constantly. That time was an automatic win....

7 hours ago, the guy in france said:

Apparently you must’ve 

I know he was suspended for arguing with a coach.  Don’t need to be in the locker room to know that.  And that’s not "doing all that was asked of him” obviously.  Nice try.  

4 hours ago, Born_Green said:

The production worked pretty nicely in 2017

Bennett can go to the damn Cowboys.   In spite of last week, the Cowboys aren't a Super Bowl team.   At best they win the NFC East and are the 4th seed.    I still say the Eagles need to get their house in order and just start playing together starting against the Bills tomorrow.  

8 minutes ago, GNS_CLFD said:

Bennett can go to the damn Cowboys.   In spite of last week, the Cowboys aren't a Super Bowl team.   At best they win the NFC East and are the 4th seed.    I still say the Eagles need to get their house in order and just start playing together starting against the Bills tomorrow.  

I tend to agree, their not but until that's officially the case I'll not get carried away. I hate Dallas so I hope they don't go far but stranger things have happened in the NFL. 

18 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

LOL.  Yeah.  Whatever.  Dallas hasn’t won ish in over 20 years with those cohesive dckbags.  And Bennett obviously was a problem in the locker room or Howie would have kept his production around and New England wouldn’t have sent him packing.  So I don’t know how you know "he did all that was asked of him and more”.   Unless you had access to the locker room and were privy to conversations between he and the coaches.   

I confess. It's me that's been leaking out all that information lately. I am the "source" in the locker room 

A few reality checks ...

1. Bennett was signed to replace Crawford who went to IR two weeks ago. He now plays alongside Robert Quinn, Malik Collins, Demarcus Lawrence;  serious equally-nasty characters.

2. The Pats started playing mostly a 3-4, Dallas plays a 4-3, which fits Bennett's skill set perfectly,  3-4 did not at all.

3. He counts ONLY $3.8m against the cap this year and costs only a 7th rounder, ~IF~ he is cut at end of the season. Cowboys have a 2nd-year option for $8.8m and give up only a conditional 6th rounder then.

4.  He is coming to Dallas with a heavy doze of humble pie, unlike two years ago. (Possible timing 'bonus': the Cowboys play both NE & Eagles in the next few weeks).

Conclusion:  Excellent move by Dallas, and probably just as good a one by the Eagles since he already had worned out his welcome with the Eagles in the recent past. Sometimes there are no 'loosers'.

How do we even know the Patriots were willing to deal him back to us?? Maybe they wanted to give the eagles a big FU for beating them in the super bowl and for trading them an arsehole. 

On 10/26/2019 at 5:08 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The production worked pretty nicely in 2017

The planets aligned just right for that!  I’m not comfortable with those odds!  

Just saw Garrett was asked about Bennett staying in the locker room during the anthem.

Garrett said he expects Bennett to comply and be with the other players.

Things are getting interesting.