Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeM37

And now Michael Bennett...

Went to the Dallas Cowboys in a trade. Before any of you start with his issues and behaviors, yeah we know all of that but the guy produces when he is on the field and consistently gets to the Quarterback. It is something we desperately need on this team....yet, the Eagles have outsmarted themselves yet again. 

4 minutes ago, GoodGooglyMoogly said:

So the patriots(7-0) outsmarted themselves as well. Got ya. 

If I am not mistaken, the Patriots have the best defense in the entire league so to them he is expendable. We have a very poor defense and need all the help we can get so yeah....

26 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

If I am not mistaken, the Patriots have the best defense in the entire league so to them he is expendable. We have a very poor defense and need all the help we can get so yeah....

He was so expendable that they suspended him?   He’s a malcontent and not a good teammate.   He was a problem here and obviously there.  Let him go to Dallas with the rest of the A Holes

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He was so expendable that they suspended him?   He’s a malcontent and not a good teammate.   He was a problem here and obviously there.  Let him go to Dallas with the rest of the A Holes

Yes, he's clearly an issue and hopefully will be a distraction to the Cowboys. I don't buy this "The Pats are so good on D they don't need him". DEs who can get to the QB are like gold-dust. The Pats clearly don't have 4 better.

38 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Yeah until they play a legit offense I’m not going to call them the best D in the league. The best scoring offense they have faced is the Giants (21st). They’ve had four games against the 3 lowest scoring offenses in the league (Jets twice). 

12 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yeah until they play a legit offense I’m not going to call them the best D in the league. The best scoring offense they have faced is the Giants (21st). They’ve had four games against the 3 lowest scoring offenses in the league (Jets twice). 

Agreed - and also Allen was knocked out of the Bills game, meaning they got to face Barkley. If Allen was still in I think the Bills win that game.

Pats have Browns, Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans and Chiefs over the next 6 weeks. Their D is obviously good - but that stretch will show whether they are elite, or just beat up on inept QBs.

Player demands more money and/ more playing time, Eagles move on out of necessity, and now they’ve "outsmarted” themselves.

I mean, your story is cool and all, just doesn’t make any logical sense. I would have loved him to stay or even come back, but it wouldn’t have worked 

1 minute ago, gaitherfan said:

Player demands more money and/ more playing time, Eagles move on out of necessity, and now they’ve "outsmarted” themselves.

I mean, your story is cool and all, just doesn’t make any logical sense. I would have loved him to stay or even come back, but it wouldn’t have worked 

Let me clear up why I said that. That was based on other threads where members have stated that trades, drafts, and other things lead to the Eagles thinking they are better than everybody else with their moves. I could have worded it better and not used that particular word but I think you all get my drift. I might just be biased because I thought he did well here and constantly produced when on the field.

9 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Let me clear up why I said that. That was based on other threads where members have stated that trades, drafts, and other things lead to the Eagles thinking they are better than everybody else with their moves. I could have worded it better and not used that particular word but I think you all get my drift. I might just be biased because I thought he did well here and constantly produced when on the field.

He was fantastic here, but he forced their hand. They could have held onto him I guess, but demanding more time and/or money made him a locker room liability and possible distraction. Looking back, maybe they should have told him to shut up and play, but the risk was genuinely bad and therefore it may have been extremely irresponsible to keep him here.

2 minutes ago, gaitherfan said:

He was fantastic here, but he forced their hand. They could have held onto him I guess, but demanding more time and/or money made him a locker room liability and possible distraction. Looking back, maybe they should have told him to shut up and play, but the risk was genuinely bad and therefore it may have been extremely irresponsible to keep him here.

I agree with you because if I read it correctly, he was demanding more playing time and money with the Pats as well and thats why they shipped him off. I have a tendency to stick by players that have done well for us so again...it makes me biased but I agree with your point

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He wasn't playing much before they even suspended him. Which is the reason I think he became a problem and why he didn't want to be here because he doesn't want to be in a rotation or limited

For all the success Belechick and Tom Brady have had together everyone seems to forget Belechick was a defensive Coordinator on two New York Giants super bowl teams in the 80s.  Super Bowls 21 and 25.  It's a large reason for the Patriots success under him.  One of the best defensive coaches to ever coach in the NFL.  Certainly the best "head coach".  

One of the many things Belichick has done well is getting rid of players at the right time..  

With the current state of our locker room, what in the world makes you think adding a player that the team already sent packing once would be a good idea.  What on earth makes you think Michael Bennett would arrive back in Philly and think ya know what.....(please note the sarcasm in the following)  This is a great locker room, I love being here, and ya know what I really want to work my butt off for these guys because I'm really stoked they were going to cut me before the Patriots came with the right offer..

You people need to realize this is the real NFL not Madden....  Real people have personalities.  AI controlled digital likenesses on Madden do not...

9 minutes ago, Baynit said:

AI controlled digital likenesses on Madden do not...

I should prolly stop throwing my controller at the TV then. :whistle:

2 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

I should prolly stop throwing my controller at the TV then. :whistle:

yeah that gets expensive after a while...  Been there lol

Just now, Baynit said:

yeah that gets expensive after a while...  Been there lol

....... that and yelling at the TV come at me bro!!!

The bad part of this is now that hes been traded he will be a good boy the rest of the season. Its actually a good move by Dallas. Now for the long term, no. But for the rest of this year, nice move. 

Bennet was upfront about being a POS. I would rather have that than have back biting ananoymous players. 

Like Bennett or not.......he produces when he's on the field and I think this is a good pickup for the cowpies.

3 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Went to the Dallas Cowboys in a trade. Before any of you start with his issues and behaviors, yeah we know all of that but the guy produces when he is on the field and consistently gets to the Quarterback. It is something we desperately need on this team....yet, the Eagles have outsmarted themselves yet again. 

The moment everyone should've known his days were numbered with the Eagles.