Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

Baker Mayfield storms away from media

Recommended Posts

One thing you can't do is give the idiot/clickbait media what they want.  Which is faux drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 10:18 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

Stupidity of the question aside, you gotta take it in stride. I don't think Mayfield has the temperament or perspsective to be a successful NFL QB.

Agree, with the need to take it in stride. You're going to get a lot of dumb questions from reporters ...but this particular reporter seems to rub him the wrong way.  When that's the case, It's not always easy to keep your emotions in check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, back2nj said:

Agree, with the need to take it in stride. You're going to get a lot of dumb questions from reporters ...but this particular reporter seems to rub him the wrong way.  When that's the case, It's not always easy to keep your emotions in check.

I"ve read that it goes back to the draft when Grossi publicly endorsed Darnold and reported that Mayfield demanded first-class flight accommodations for team visits, supposedly portraying Mayfield as spoiled. I mean, yeah, I get it, that would irritate anyone, but it's nothing egregious and it comes with the territory. To hold a grudge over that and make it a point to be combative with that reporter in future interviews doesn't make Mayfield a bad person or a bad QB, but it raises flags that he gets easily distracted by outside noise and takes criticism too personally. Some guys can use that as motivation, but they're still usually able to remain calm and be dismissive of those things without being noticeably flustered and aggressive about it. Like I said earlier, I just wonder if he has the temperament. I don't doubt his talent, drive, or team leadership qualities, but I wonder if guys on the outside can get in his head too easily. I wonder if he's too egotistical, too focused on proving people wrong and showing how tough he is, rather than focusing on his craft and letting those other things take care of themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, madriver said:

So much talent. I honestly thought they would give the AFC a real challenge this year.

Talent is there but, they hired an idiot coach to lead that talent especially with the attitudes they have on that squad and you are left with a crappy product. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Talent is there but, they hired an idiot coach to lead that talent especially with the attitudes they have on that squad and you are left with a crappy product. 

It's a top heavy roster, lots of big names and plenty of deep flaws.  O-Line is pretty dreadful, bottom 5 in the league.  Defense makes big plays but has several holes to poke at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's got almost as many commercials as Rodgers it seems

Hopefully he's being smart with all of that money because there's always that chance they go for some other QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 11:34 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I"ve read that it goes back to the draft when Grossi publicly endorsed Darnold and reported that Mayfield demanded first-class flight accommodations for team visits, supposedly portraying Mayfield as spoiled. I mean, yeah, I get it, that would irritate anyone, but it's nothing egregious and it comes with the territory. To hold a grudge over that and make it a point to be combative with that reporter in future interviews doesn't make Mayfield a bad person or a bad QB, but it raises flags that he gets easily distracted by outside noise and takes criticism too personally. Some guys can use that as motivation, but they're still usually able to remain calm and be dismissive of those things without being noticeably flustered and aggressive about it. Like I said earlier, I just wonder if he has the temperament. I don't doubt his talent, drive, or team leadership qualities, but I wonder if guys on the outside can get in his head too easily. I wonder if he's too egotistical, too focused on proving people wrong and showing how tough he is, rather than focusing on his craft and letting those other things take care of themselves.

I don't disagree with any of those points. He is going to have to develop a thicker and tougher hide if he expects to last long at the NFL level. He would never survive the  vultures of the Philly media if he is that easily provoked to become combative over a  simple question.No matter how ridiculous it may have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, back2nj said:

I don't disagree with any of those points. He is going to have to develop a thicker and tougher hide if he expects to last long at the NFL level. He would never survive the  vultures of the Philly media if he is that easily provoked to become compative over a  simple question.No matter how ridiculous it may have been.

He has to mature from a child playing football, to a man. He's not there yet, he's still a child. Everything that he does/says, proves that. If he can mature into a man, he may have a fighting chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

He has to mature from a child playing football, to a man. He's not there yet, he's still a child. Everything that he does/says, proves that. If he can mature into a man, he may have a fighting chance.

No doubt !  Hopefully he can mature and become a professional in all phases of the game.They haven't exactly hit on  talent and character at the same time, when it comes to  their QB selections. Drafted or F/A pick ups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, back2nj said:

No doubt !  Hopefully he can mature and become a professional in all phases of the game.They haven't exactly hit on  talent and character at the same time, when it comes to  their QB selections. Drafted or F/A pick ups. 

Perhaps if they didn't let the homeless make their QB decisions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this