Sign in to follow this  
paco

Bears’ Khalil Mack calls out Eagles C Jason Kelce for ‘bull----’ tactics to draw penalties

Someone needs a sanitary napkin

Bears’ Khalil Mack calls out Eagles C Jason Kelce for ‘bull----’ tactics to draw penalties

The Bears committed four pre-snap penalties on defense, but alleged foul play by the Eagles.

By Jason Lieser  Nov 3, 2019, 4:18pm CST
mack__13_.0.jpg

PHILADELPHIA — The Bears contributed to their downfall in a 22-14 loss to the Eagles on Sunday with five pre-snap penalties by halftime.

Four of those were on defense, and the team alleged that Eagles center Jason Kelce baited them by illegally turning the ball before the snap. Bears coach Matt Nagy hinted there was a problem, though he declined to specify, but Khalil Mack didn’t hold back.

"You see the bull---- Kelce was kinda doing with the ball, just moving it a little bit,” Mack said. "But even then, you can’t really make no excuses. That’s not the type of group we have. We’ve still gotta get there, regardless of what it is and what that was. All those offside penalties, it hurt us.”

If the center is determined to have moved the ball before the snap, the correct call is a false start. Mack said the Bears mentioned it to officials on the field, but that didn’t accomplish anything.

"Yeah, you point it out, but who cares?” Mack said. "Who cares, man? You’ve gotta make plays and win ballgames. That’s what it’s all about.”

None of those plays gave the Eagles a first down, but two of them gave them short yardage to go on third downs.

Nagy did not seem angry with his penalized players — Mack, Eddie Goldman and Aaron Lynch twice — and hinted at foul play. However, coaches who criticize the officiating are subject to fines.

"I know what it was,” Nagy said. "There was some stuff to that. I’m not gonna get into that.”

The Bears certainly had other defensive issues in the first half, when they allowed 202 yards of total offense and got knocked around on three consecutive scoring drives to open the game. They went into halftime down 12-0.

12 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Waah waaa 

just sweep the Vikings/lions please ;)

They got one on the Vikings. Sadly, I doubt they get the other.

Centers are always playing with their balls. Nothing new there.

If it's true then I'm amazed he didn't get flagged for it. Lol it's not like we're known for refs looking the other way. More like the opposite. They love throwing flags at the Eagles:lol:

Kelce, obviously 

Jason Kelce says Khalil Mack's problem is that he didn't eat breakfast on Sunday.

18 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

Jason Kelce says Khalil Mack's problem is that he didn't eat breakfast on Sunday.

image.jpeg.376e8979c5d77f735358e67249d0b18f.jpeg

I thought it were QBs  that were playing with Centers' balls

19 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

They got one on the Vikings. Sadly, I doubt they get the other.

Who knows we will see. Vikings have not beaten anyone good and just lost to another team with a backup qb..how do you lose to chiefs w/o mahommes?!

36 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Who knows we will see. Vikings have not beaten anyone good and just lost to another team with a backup qb..how do you lose to chiefs w/o mahommes?!

The Vikes QB is painfully average who rode a 4 week high. Sadly, I'm a huge Kirk Cousins fan this coming week. <_<

3 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Kelce's a crafty veteran.

There was a play in the Bills game that made me laugh - the Eagles were inside the Bills' 20 yard line, and had a 3rd and about a half a yard.  As he picked up the ball for the snap, I swear Kelce moved the ball forward by at least a foot such that it was roughly even with the 1st down marker.  If the Eagles hadn't made the 1st down (they did convert on the play), I think Kelce was trying to fake out the officials so that they'd give the Eagles the 1st down even if they didn't actually make the required yardage, LOL.

5 hours ago, CHIP72 said:

There was a play in the Bills game that made me laugh - the Eagles were inside the Bills' 20 yard line, and had a 3rd and about a half a yard.  As he picked up the ball for the snap, I swear Kelce moved the ball forward by at least a foot such that it was roughly even with the 1st down marker.  If the Eagles hadn't made the 1st down (they did convert on the play), I think Kelce was trying to fake out the officials so that they'd give the Eagles the 1st down even if they didn't actually make the required yardage, LOL.

I noticed that too. Really obvious maneuver.

16 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I noticed that too. Really obvious maneuver.

And yet............................no flag.