Sign in to follow this  
AlpineEagle

Week 9: Cowboys @ Giants

1 minute ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Dak = outplaying Carson so what does that make him?

Lucky to have multiple WRs with actual talent, along with the best RB in the game? 

45 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Baker might be worse than Jones IV....

I don't know about that. Jones is good for at least 3 turnovers a game

Just now, heavywchamp said:

I don't know about that. Jones is good for at least 3 turnovers a game

Sidney Jones.....

3 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Lucky to have multiple WRs with actual talent, along with the best RB in the game? 

SMH.... You guys are nothing but excuses.

6 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

SMH.... You guys are nothing but excuses.

Alright, so with a straight face, you're telling me that Dak would have the same record, passing numbers, etc... if dallas and philly traded WRs and RBs? Tfoh... lol 

2 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Alright, so with a straight face, you're telling me that Dak would have the same record, passing numbers, etc... if dallas and philly traded WRs and RBs? Tfoh... lol 

If I recall in the beginning of the season everyone in here and the national media was talking about the Eagles have the best roster in football. 
Wentz is healthy and Eagles are favorites too win the SB.

18 minutes ago, Captain F said:

8 minutes ago, gch said:

If I recall in the beginning of the season everyone in here and the national media was talking about the Eagles have the best roster in football. 
Wentz is healthy and Eagles are favorites too win the SB.

That's a little bit of an exaggeration but ok...…..

I've heard maybe 2-3 guys on TV say the Eagles are SB contenders with Wentz healthy but not favorites to win it all. 

33 minutes ago, Captain F said:

We'll never know but I don't see it.  

Honestly, I'd kill for just 1 of those guys on Dallas, Cooper, Cobb, Gallup,...….I'd even take Tavon Austin over anyone on the Eagles except Jeffrey. 

1 hour ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Dak = outplaying Carson so what does that make him?

You put Dak with the WR Carson has he dosnt win one game. Now skitter on back to your own board cockroach.

6 hours ago, Captain F said:

Like I said excuses.

1 minute ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Like I said excuses.

Reasons shouldn't be mixed up with excuses. There's reasons why Dak has better numbers than Wentz and it's because of the receivers. That's fact not excuse. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Reasons shouldn't be mixed up with excuses. There's reasons why Dak has better numbers than Wentz and it's because of the receivers. That's fact not excuse. 

Would you like us to send you Jerry and Stephen Jones?  Appearantly they are much better at putting together a team than your front office.

Or maybe he is just having a better year.  You have read my post on here about Wentz.  I like the guy. He has a ton of talent, but right now and for most of this year Dak has been better.  I'm not trying to turn this into another Carson / Dak thread, but the Dak is overrated line is just wrong.

24 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Or maybe he is just having a better year.  You have read my post on here about Wentz.  I like the guy. He has a ton of talent, but right now and for most of this year Dak has been better.  I'm not trying to turn this into another Carson / Dak thread, but the Dak is overrated line is just wrong.

You can't make that argument a fact though because they are working with completely different weapons. Dak has a legit WR #1 and other weapons. Wentz barely has a worthy WR #3.

Amari Cooper is the best WR in the division by a country mile.  Cowboys pretty much have everything on offense.

That said, you can certainly make the argument Dak has been a top 5 Qb this year and Wentz has been merely top 10.

Just now, dawkins4prez said:

Amari Cooper is the best WR in the division by a country mile.  Cowboys pretty much have everything on offense.

Absolutely! Cooper is a legit #1. Right now I can't even say Jeffrey is a legit #2 and he's the best healthy receiver we have. 

So just because Dallas has better receivers doesn’t mean that Dak is overrated. Dak may not have Wentz arm strength but Dak’s leadership and other abilities are above that of Wentz. Both QB’s are not a Brady and will never be but we can both win a SB with either one of them. 

2 hours ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Like I said excuses.

You are missing the point here. Think of it this way...

Say we both have a brand new 2020 Corvette.  Except you get to put high octane gas in yours,  and I only have crappy 87 octane gas available.  

Knowing that as fact,  not an excuse, your car would run much better.  Does that give you a better car? No.  

1 hour ago, gch said:

So just because Dallas has better receivers doesn’t mean that Dak is overrated. Dak may not have Wentz arm strength but Dak’s leadership and other abilities are above that of Wentz. Both QB’s are not a Brady and will never be but we can both win a SB with either one of them. 

I think its been pretty neat to watch both of them develop and expand their repertoire.  Coming in Wentz was the gunslinger and Dak the game manager.  Game scripts and surrounding talent has forced them both to flip that script and both have adjusted and excelled.  I will absolutely admit it has become difficult to say either one is better now.

34 minutes ago, Captain F said:

You are missing the point here. Think of it this way...

Its too late bud. No good reasoning here. It's quite clear to everyone that Wentz has just as good weapons as Dak. It's clear Dak is better. 

🙄

10 hours ago, Captain F said:

I think this is a little overblown...Dallas. for all their "talent" at receiver, lead the NFL in drops, they had 5 last night, and while the int was 100% on Dak, he has 3 this year that went off receivers hands.while Wentz has zero.... Philly has a huge advantage at TE.... There is no denying Dak is getting more help than Wentz at this point, but I just don't feel Dak is being carried either..

23 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I think its been pretty neat to watch both of them develop and expand their repertoire.  Coming in Wentz was the gunslinger and Dak the game manager.  Game scripts and surrounding talent has forced them both to flip that script and both have adjusted and excelled.  I will absolutely admit it has become difficult to say either one is better now.

This^, have to take supporting cast into consideration, Dak appears to be playing better, but is also getting more help...Eagle fans need to keep this in mind thought when thinking about 2017...the Eagles were #1 in rushing and had a good WR group...while Dak had a 1 legged Dez and a over the hill Witten.

Bottom line, both QB;s are good enough to win with 

1 minute ago, Stephen1 said:

I think this is a little overblown...Dallas. for all their "talent" at receiver, lead the NFL in drops, they had 5 last night, and while the int was 100% on Dak, he has 3 this year that went off receivers hands.while Wentz has zero.... Philly has a huge advantage at TE.... There is no denying Dak is getting more help than Wentz at this point, but I just don't feel Dak is being carried either..

This^, have to take supporting cast into consideration, Dak appears to be playing better, but is also getting more help...Eagle fans need to keep this in mind thought when thinking about 2017...the Eagles were #1 in rushing and had a good WR group...while Dak had a 1 legged Dez and a over the hill Witten.

Bottom line, both QB;s are good enough to win with 

Eagles shouldn't be crying in thier milk, we do have the best TE combo in football, but obviously throwing to TE's will hurt the sexiness of your stats.  Game scripts also need to be considered.  Last 2 games Dak has been killing bad secondaries of NY/Philly, Wentz has been managing running attacks against the much more stout Bills & Bears.  Those scripts will flip with the december schedules.

Going back to Dak, i really think he finally grew up as a slinger in those losses to GB & Jets.  yeah, they lost, but it was really the first time we saw him put the game on his back when Zeke had been eliminated as a threat.  Last 2 games they put up 37 & 38 and its getting harder and harder to tell who is setting up who.

46 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Its too late bud. No good reasoning here. It's quite clear to everyone that Wentz has just as good weapons as Dak. It's clear Dak is better. 

🙄

Wentz, Blount, Agholor, Jeffery, Smith, Celek, Ertz, L Johnson, Vaitai, Wisniewski, Kelce, Brooks.

Wentz, Howard, Agholor, Jeffery, Whoever for broke down Jackson, Goddert, Ertz, L Johnson, Peters / Dillard, Seumalo, Kelce.

Not a huge difference in Roster from the SB year and this year.