Sign in to follow this  
Captain F

Cam to IR. Foles gets the Nod.

Minshews 15 minutes are up. Cams days are probably done in Carolina. 

What says you? 

I think it's a smart move by the Jags. Minshew did an admirable job filling in but Foles is the guy. Minshew time will come if he keeps working hard in the QB room and learning from a vet like Files.

Minshew looks like he has a bright future in the league and could very well be the Jags long-term starter after Foles. Not to sound negative with regards to Nick Foles, but I have a feeling he isn't going to still be a starting QB in his late 30s-early 40s. He's the greatest backup QB of all time and of course an Eagle legend, but I think at some point between now and the end of the 2022 season the Jags make the switch to Minshew or even someone else given Foles injury history and age. Foles was supposed to be a win-now signing for a team led by a defense with championship aspirations. I don't think the Jaguars made this signing with the expectation that they found their franchise QB of the next 10 years. Maybe they did, who knows? 

The Panthers have an opportunity to get out of Cam's contract next year and get a QB that owner David Tepper desires. GM Marty Hurney was there when Cam was selected 1st overall in 2011 so he might push for them to stick with Cam, but I have a feeling the owner will push for someone new that is his choice.

That's the right call by Jacksonville. Minshew started well but ultimately he's not a starter at this point in his career. Probably wont ever be but he's proven to be a potentially decent back up. 

I’m not surprised the Jags are going back to Foles. After all, they paid him the big bucks to be the starter. But I could see them having Minshew compete for the job next season. If Foles is relegated to backup, I believe the Jags gave Foles an out in 2021. 

On 11/5/2019 at 4:02 PM, NCTANK said:

cam stinks

Yup.  He’ll be redskin this time next year where his career will die a painful death. 

Cam only has a 2 million dollar cap hit if cut after this season- he's gone.

6 hours ago, vsptroops said:

Cam only has a 2 million dollar cap hit if cut after this season- he's gone.

Wow really? Yeah he's gone. But to where? That'll be interesting. 

Anyone remember the commercial that Kyle Allen made with Cam Newton a few years back? Looks like it's coming true...

On 11/5/2019 at 3:28 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

Happy that Foles is getting the chance. Guy has no luck with starting gigs. Hope he does well.

Here's what the Jags need to do:

make Minshew the franchise QB and then bench him; make Foles the back-up QB and start him.

They can't go wrong . . .