Sign in to follow this  
wrestlevessel

Chargers Potential Move to London is messed up

Mr. Spanos please sell the Chargers to someone and just move them back to San Diego where they belong. Hearing talks of a team going to London is outrageous. Do you have any idea how much of a disadvantage that would be to a team? They would be jet lagged and horrible every year. This reminds me of the Phoenix Cardinals in the NFC East but worse.

One thing is certain: They can’t stay in LA. That’s been a disgrace. I just wonder how much that POS Kroenke would need in a buyout.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No team should make the move to London. I find the whole idea completely farcical. 

You don;t think the Jags could maybe play 2 games every year and be the Jax/London Jags?  They could just stay there for two straight weeks before the bye.

Spanos is an idiot. San Diego wanted the team and were willing to work together to build a new stadium. Instead, the Chargers felt like they had a fanbase in LA and they had to move there to protect it, because the Rams and Raiders had interest in moving to LA too. Their stadium proposal with the Raiders was denied because the Rams had a better plan. Now the Chargers play in an inadequate soccer stadium, pricing out San Diego fans who might have made the trek north, and LA fans largely are not interested in the Chargers. The Chargers left an engaged city and now they're homeless.

Chargers said the rumors are not true about London. Still...this team has no fan base in L.A. and 80% of the seats in their current tiny soccer stadium are opposing fans. It's going to be even worse when they move into their new stadium. They belong in San Diego.  

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

You don;t think the Jags could maybe play 2 games every year and be the Jax/London Jags?  They could just stay there for two straight weeks before the bye.

They could play 2 games here sure. I mean I wouldn't want the Jags as they suck but a team could potentially do it. But that's different to having a franchise based here and I wouldn't want us to have one. 

Not to London but the chargers should move.  LA having two football teams is just ridiculous as they barely deserve one.    I would like San Antonio to have an NFL team for purely selfish reasons.

1 hour ago, manz2821 said:

Not to London but the chargers should move.  LA having two football teams is just ridiculous as they barely deserve one.    I would like San Antonio to have an NFL team for purely selfish reasons.

You know who really deserves a football team?  Cleveland.

badda bing!

If they did move, would they then be in the AFCE?  Also,  I could see that move being a issue for players in general.  How many will be willing to basically have to live in London half the year? 

For logistics reasons, and with the raiders moving to Vegas.  Portland Oregon makes sense.  

21 minutes ago, Captain F said:

If they did move, would they then be in the AFCE?  Also,  I could see that move being a issue for players in general.  How many will be willing to basically have to live in London half the year? 

Non issue for the Chargers or Jags, nobody goes there anyways.  I'm pretty bullish on the Jaguars 2 games scenraio.  If its going to work long term, London needs a team to call thier own.  The Jags fit for many reasons from owner to poor attendance.  I believe its the least net worth team in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Captain F said:

For logistics reasons, and with the raiders moving to Vegas.  Portland Oregon makes sense.  

Does it? I think San Diego makes the most sense, but Spanos already burned that bridge.

If i were an owner. Id want a team in Deleware.

1 hour ago, toolg said:

Does it? I think San Diego makes the most sense, but Spanos already burned that bridge.

SD is obviously the best choice but that's a moot point. 

2 hours ago, Captain F said:

That, and how much would they be at a disadvantage in free agency when players have similar offers? A London based team may have to significantly over pay to get or keep free agents. I see nothing but a logistical nightmare having a team full time in London. 

3 hours ago, Captain F said:

If they did move, would they then be in the AFCE?  

I would think so. In terms of geography most likely the Texans would take their place in the AFCW & the Dolphins would move to the AFCS.

Anyway this is beyond stupid & should never happen. They never should have left San Diego. But because nobody can admit their mistake about LA we get this.

21 minutes ago, Hey Suess said:

How does Oklahoma have an NBA team and not an NFL team?

It's all about the market. Same goes for Oregon, but we may be getting a MLB team soon...

On 11/6/2019 at 4:44 PM, Hey Suess said:

How does Oklahoma have an NBA team and not an NFL team?

Because the idiot that bought them thought Oklahoma City was a better basketball town then Seattle for some reason. 

On 11/6/2019 at 12:44 PM, Captain F said:

Everyone in Portland is pretty much Seahawk fans already though.