Sign in to follow this  
wrestlevessel

Chargers Potential Move to London is messed up

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:18 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No team should make the move to London. I find the whole idea completely farcical. 

To be honest, as long as it isn't the Eagles or any of the other NFC East teams (I don't want the Eagles to have to fly to London every year), it wouldn't bother me all that much one way or the other.

If there's enough fan support to support a team even if it's 3-13, then I don't care if a team moves there.

This is ridiculous! Why did Epstein kill himself!?

If the Chargers really want to go "international" they should try Canada first. Specifically, Vancouver would make more sense than Toronto if they're planning on staying in the AFC West.

Sure, the NFL fans in that region may currently skew towards the Seahawks due to geography, but I'd imagine that the local fans would be all over having an NFL franchise of their own instead of just rooting for the BC Lions of the CFL. Plus, you'll probably see a domino effect of Canadian NFL fans east of Vancouver wanting to support their new "national" NFL team.

The Chargers could end up carving out a nice niche for themselves in Canada, much in the same way the Toronto Raptors have in the NBA. All they would be missing then is a celebrity superfan ambassador to hype up the team, like Drake does for the Raptors. Ryan Reynolds?

This makes way more sense than moving the team to London. 

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If there's enough fan support to support a team even if it's 3-13, then I don't care if a team moves there.

I don't think there would be enough support though. 8 games a year? I'm not sure there'd be the commitment. 

I'd like to see the experiment of an NFL team in England. I think what the NFL is doing now is not just trying to market the NFL but testing all the logistics.

Would the cost of having a team there be worth it? The other problem is that futbol is too strong there. 

On 11/6/2019 at 7:18 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No team should make the move to London. I find the whole idea completely farcical. 

I agree. 

If they want football in London they need at least a few teams. One is stupid. 

You cant have one team having to cross the ocean 8 times a year. 

If there are 8 billionares in London that want to own teams I think 8 is the magic number. It would take 8 teams, 2 divisions to make NFL expansion into the UK possible. 

Maybe a REAL international  championship game could replace the pro bowl or something. 

29 minutes ago, selassieyouth said:

I agree. 

If they want football in London they need at least a few teams. One is stupid. 

If there are 8 billionares in London that want to own teams I think 8 is the magic number. It would take 8 teams, 2 divisions to make NFL expansion into the UK possible. 

Maybe a REAL international  championship game could replace the pro bowl or something. 

If you're going to create that many teams, it just seems to make more sense just to have a separate league over there. Problem is, other leagues all seem to fail. The size of the league is fine as is IMO.

the Rams barely have a fanbase in LA, let alone the Chargers. I don't know what was going on in St. Louis/San Diego but I feel like both teams should have stayed put. 

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

If you're going to create that many teams, it just seems to make more sense just to have a separate league over there. Problem is, other leagues all seem to fail. The size of the league is fine as is IMO.

Well I agree with you in totality. 

But in the spirit of the subject. I feel like the NFL is set on getting football to the UK. If they make this move with one team its going to be a logistical nightmare for that one team 8 times a year. Seems to me you would need at least two divisions in Europe to pull it off. 

Personally I dont know that Europe would have enough of a fan base to pull off that many teams in the first place. I think the entire idea is not the greatest in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, selassieyouth said:

But in the spirit of the subject. I feel like the NFL is set on getting football to the UK. If they make this move with one team its going to be a logistical nightmare for that one team 8 times a year. Seems to me you would need at least two divisions in Europe to pull it off. 

Personally I dont know that Europe would have enough of a fan base to pull off that many teams in the first place. I think the entire idea is not the greatest in the first place. 

I agree. I often times wonder if the crowds they get are due in large part to only getting a limited number of games a year, and a variety of teams. Will they care as much when the novelty wears off?

28 minutes ago, selassieyouth said:

It would suck for the teams in their division too. I mean they only have to go over there 1 each but, it's probably still a pain in the arse. Also playoffs and what not, could you imagine if you had to fly over to London beat the London team then have to face a west coast team the following week ?? Or the London team having a home game then having to fly to the west coast? It's all just a nightmare. 

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

It would suck for the teams in their division too. I mean they only have to go over there 1 each but, it's probably still a pain in the arse. Also playoffs and what not, could you imagine if you had to fly over to London beat the London team then have to face a west coast team the following week ?? Or the London team having a home game then having to fly to the west coast? It's all just a nightmare. 

The only way it could work is with 8 teams fighting for the London Cup or some ISH. 

Than MAYBE the team that wins the London Cup plays the team who wins the Super Bowl. 

Do this to replace the stupid Pro Bowl and call the title the International Bowl. Basically you would have,to have a team or two in each Eurpoean State. 

I cant really see this inseason international travel thing working on a week to week basis. 

16 minutes ago, selassieyouth said:

The only way it could work is with 8 teams fighting for the London Cup or some ISH. 

Than MAYBE the team that wins the London Cup plays the team who wins the Super Bowl. 

Do this to replace the stupid Pro Bowl and call the title the International Bowl. Basically you would have,to have a team or two in each Eurpoean State. 

I cant really see this inseason international travel thing working on a week to week basis. 

Yeah and even that "maybe"  scenario seems far fetched

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah and even that "maybe"  scenario seems far fetched

I think crossing the pond weekly is stupid and I totally agree the the International Bowl would be totally far fetched because I dont think Europe can sustain more than one team in reality. 

And to be clear I think one team may struggle to keep fans invested, so 8 is way more than far fetched. 

The NFL is stupid. Put a team in Toronto, Vancouver, Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Montreal first. Rename the Browns and move them to Columbus. Get the French with Montreal, the Spanish with Mexico.

19 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

The NFL is stupid. Put a team in Toronto, Vancouver, Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Montreal first. Rename the Browns and move them to Columbus. Get the French with Montreal, the Spanish with Mexico.

Agreed. Don't put a team in London it just doesn't work. Keep the international series going but a team here won't work. 

On 11/6/2019 at 12:44 PM, Captain F said:

For logistics reasons, and with the raiders moving to Vegas.  Portland Oregon makes sense.  

Hipsters watch football?   They could change the name from the Chargers to the Artisans.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, selassieyouth said:

If the NFL insisted on putting a team over in London, the schedule could be made so that they wouldn't have to cross 8 times. I don't know that they'd do 8 home games in a row, then 8 away games in a row, with the London team having a 'home base' in the U.S., like in Jacksonville or San Diego or Los Angeles that the London team could go to between away games. Or maybe even 4 London games in a row, 4 U.S. games then back to London and so on.  Aside from that sort of schedule, I don't see as workable.

Of course, if the Concord was still flying, maybe it would be a little more reasonable for East Coast games. lol

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Or maybe even 4 London games in a row, 4 U.S. games then back to London and so on.  Aside from that sort of schedule, I don't see as workable.

I mean that could work but then that's making special arrangements for a team and I don't like that much. The team that goes to London is likely to be bad and that's giving them added excuses. 

Never mind Concord, let's work on teleportation. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean that could work but then that's making special arrangements for a team and I don't like that much. The team that goes to London is likely to be bad and that's giving them added excuses. 

Never mind Concord, let's work on teleportation.  

I've seen a show where they showed that someone actually is working on teleportation lol.

22 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've seen a show where they showed that someone actually is working on teleportation lol.

Really? I mean how awesome would that be. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I gather you've  never seen The Fly.  

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They're working on it, but from what I remember of it, it wasn't of anything substantial. Certainly not anything living. It's been a while since I saw the program, I want to say it was a program about 'Star Trek science' and how scientists are working on various 'Star Trek' technologies.

For the 'transporter' technology, they were at a stage where they were trying to teleport a laser beam from one place to another. I believe that they actually got that to work, but like I said, it's been a while since I've seen it.

They were also working cloaking devices.