Sign in to follow this  
Don Corleone

Sources: Antonio Brown not expected to play again this season

Police youth league cuts ties with Antonio Brown, returns donation after 'rift'

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28485275/police-youth-league-cuts-ties-antonio-brown-returns-donation-rift

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -- The Hollywood (Florida) Police Department announced that its athletic league has severed ties with wide receiver Antonio Brown and returned a donation given by Brown following an obscene outburst toward the police and the mother of his children on Monday.

Brown posted a live feed of the encounter, which also included his children, on Instagram, and it was later picked up by TMZ. In it, he can be heard using explicit language and calling the police officers explicit names.

The Hollywood Police Department released a statement following the video announcing the Police Athletic League's separation from Brown. According to the department, recent events that have necessitated police intervention have caused an "irreparable rift" between the department, the Police Athletic League and Brown.

"We made the decision to sever ties between Mr. Brown and the Hollywood Police Athletic League," public information officer Christian Lata wrote in the statement. "We did not want our youth to be subject to this type of behavior nor emulate the actions of Mr. Brown."

The police responded to a domestic disturbance at Brown's Hollywood residence on Monday, and Lata wrote in the department's statement that Brown used "very degrading language in front of his young children."

Brown previously donated to the athletic league's 7-on-7 football league, but the police department said it returned that donation on Jan. 9.

"We will not take money from a donor that we cannot have our youth be proud of or represent our organization," Lata wrote.

Brown was also given a trespass warning for the Police Athletic League property because the department "did not want him to continue to affect our youth nor influence them in a negative way."

Brown responded to the department's statement on Twitter.

Brown wasn't on an active roster for most of the 2019 season. He was released from the Oakland Raiders after the preseason following public demands. He was active for one game with the New England Patriots but was released shortly after amid sexual assault allegations. The former Pittsburgh Steelers star recently had a workout with the New Orleans Saints, which he later called a publicity stunt on social media.

If you talk like that in Ridley Township the police will literally arrest you and/or assault you. For foul language. 

And they'll do it while calling you every foul name in the book. Maybe we should move him here. 

I'll have to go find some Steelers boards, to see what they're saying. I bet they're rejoicing that he isn't their problem anymore.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'll have to go find some Steelers boards, to see what they're saying. I bet they're rejoicing that he isn't their problem anymore.

They have been rejoicing since the end of last off season when he asked for a trade

12 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Hard to rejoice watching a human display the effects of mental illness on the world scale.

No human should be celebrating this. He needs help and has needed help for a long time.

40 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Hard to rejoice watching a human display the effects of mental illness on the world scale.

No human should be celebrating this. He needs help and has needed help for a long time.

The celebration wouldn't be because of him and his implosion, it would be because it isn't their problem. WHile it's sad to see him implode like this, I definitely celebrate the fact that the Eagles didn't sign him.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The celebration wouldn't be because of him and his implosion, it would be because it isn't their problem. WHile it's sad to see him implode like this, I definitely celebrate the fact that the Eagles didn't sign him.

Actually don’t think there is anything to celebrate. Would you celebrate the fact that the homeless person down the street isn’t your family member? It wouldn’t even cross your mind.

This isn’t similar to our experience with T.O, where I certainly celebrated as you are describing. This guy might harm himself or someone else.

2 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Actually don’t think there is anything to celebrate. Would you celebrate the fact that the homeless person down the street isn’t your family member? It wouldn’t even cross your mind.

It's obviously a tad over your head. I'll celebrate the things that I want to, you abstain from celebrating the things that you don't wish to celebrate, and I guarantee that the sun will come up tomorrow.

God willing, we'll both be here to see it.

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's obviously a tad over your head. I'll celebrate the things that I want to, you abstain from celebrating the things that you don't wish to celebrate, and I guarantee that the sun will come up tomorrow.

God willing, we'll both be here to see it.

No need to respond with insults (and then reference God later on). I just don’t see cause to celebrate somebody not being my headache when they are suffering from potentially severe mental illness.

2 hours ago, Thrive said:

No need to respond with insults (and then reference God later on). I just don’t see cause to celebrate somebody not being my headache when they are suffering from potentially severe mental illness.

It's not an insult, it's an observation. I'm sorry if you took it as such, but that's on you, not me. What I meant by that is that you obviously aren't fully understanding what I'm talking about. Be as judgmental as you wish, but I'm still going to celebrate the Eagles for NOT signing him.

Now, what that means is that I'm celebrating the Eagles' front office decision making process. What that doesn't mean is that I'm celebrating a mentally ill person's mental illness. I hope that person gets the help that he so desperately seems to need, and I hope he gets it before he actually harms someone (himself or someone else).

Celebrating the Eagles' decision making process, is not akin to celebrating a mentally ill person's mental illness.

So as I said, I'll celebrate the things that I see fit to celebrate. Right or wrong, that's my decision and my right. I won't try to criticize you for your decisions, and if I ever do, please remind me that I said this and I will apologize and move on.

Whether he has a mental illness or not. He is clearly an a-hole and nobody really feels bad for him, especially since he continues to post himself being an idiotic a-hole. 

It's funny to me that people are going to mental illness on Antonio Brown. 

@bwestbrook36 knows I like to be a jerk at times with this to troll, but I'm being dead serious here...

People do not realize what tools these players are. When I started at Scout.com and the kids didn't know my name, I would have thought I was a dog. I specifically remember a Notre Dame commitment named Mike Ragone treated me like such a piece of crap on the phone that I went to a Camden Catholic game (this was in 2005 or 2006 and I was only 26) and literally asked him what his f'ing problem was and who he thought he was. His grandfather was with him and told him he needed to shape up. Mike wasn't so mouthy when someone his size was across from him with the same attitude. I will also say, he was great to deal with after that. 

I know kids in the NFL now that were holding up stores at gunpoint before they were in high school and it's not on their record as they were juveniles. Kids that were dealing hard drugs all through high school, in this league right now. 

Even after I became a "bigger name", you still had them treat you like crap. I'd just ignore those idiots. And it's probably why I didn't keep doing it. I wouldn't kiss the arse of 17 year olds. 

The college and pros I met? Holy hell. You want to meet some absolute trash? There you go. 

I could name ten guys that make Antonio Brown look normal. 

It's not mental illness. 

Every desire has just been fed for so long, they've been told they're Gods for so long, they've been worshipped so long that ... they don't understand no. Prince's personal assistant said it best in a posthumous interview. She said that Prince didn't understand why they couldn't get him a camel at 3am in Minnesota during winter. It's not that he didn't understand that the camel would die or that it was illegal or whatever. It was because he was Prince, so get him the f'ing camel or you're fired. 

Those are a lot of pro athletes. 

@ndirish5567 That was a good read man. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I work for a big bank and even some of the ordinary people walk around with a sense of entitlement.

1 hour ago, ndirish5567 said:

It's funny to me that people are going to mental illness on Antonio Brown. 

@bwestbrook36 knows I like to be a jerk at times with this to troll, but I'm being dead serious here...

People do not realize what tools these players are. When I started at Scout.com and the kids didn't know my name, I would have thought I was a dog. I specifically remember a Notre Dame commitment named Mike Ragone treated me like such a piece of crap on the phone that I went to a Camden Catholic game (this was in 2005 or 2006 and I was only 26) and literally asked him what his f'ing problem was and who he thought he was. His grandfather was with him and told him he needed to shape up. Mike wasn't so mouthy when someone his size was across from him with the same attitude. I will also say, he was great to deal with after that. 

I know kids in the NFL now that were holding up stores at gunpoint before they were in high school and it's not on their record as they were juveniles. Kids that were dealing hard drugs all through high school, in this league right now. 

Even after I became a "bigger name", you still had them treat you like crap. I'd just ignore those idiots. And it's probably why I didn't keep doing it. I wouldn't kiss the arse of 17 year olds. 

The college and pros I met? Holy hell. You want to meet some absolute trash? There you go. 

I could name ten guys that make Antonio Brown look normal. 

It's not mental illness. 

Every desire has just been fed for so long, they've been told they're Gods for so long, they've been worshipped so long that ... they don't understand no. Prince's personal assistant said it best in a posthumous interview. She said that Prince didn't understand why they couldn't get him a camel at 3am in Minnesota during winter. It's not that he didn't understand that the camel would die or that it was illegal or whatever. It was because he was Prince, so get him the f'ing camel or you're fired. 

Those are a lot of pro athletes. 

On the flip side some of the most respectable and Ethical, hard working, modest, talented, well spoken, down to earth kids are playing in the nfl.  

and then everything in between.  

At they end of the day they all put their shoes on one foot at a time 

3 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

On the flip side some of the most respectable and Ethical, hard working, modest, talented, well spoken, down to earth kids are playing in the nfl.  

Valid point. Can't generalize all football players. Guess it just boils down to people being people.

1 minute ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Valid point. Can't generalize all football players. Guess it just boils down to people being people.

And just like life outside the nfl, for the most part, the ones that fly straight and do all the right things are the ones left standing at the top 

@ndirish5567 this is why I laugh when people say he is bipolar or something along those lines. This dude has been acting like this since freaking college. It's just the more money and fame he has the worse he has become. He keeps pushing the envelope and getting what he wants. That has finally come to an end. So now he is just becoming a flat out child and is just going to be an arse to everyone he encounters. 

32 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Thank you, Jon Schwartz. 

9 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

@ndirish5567 this is why I laugh when people say he is bipolar or something along those lines. This dude has been acting like this since freaking college. It's just the more money and fame he has the worse he has become. He keeps pushing the envelope and getting what he wants. That has finally come to an end. So now he is just becoming a flat out child and is just going to be an arse to everyone he encounters. 

My nephew was laughing. He's mixed (black and white) and is watching the video of Brown saying "this is black vs. white" and just says to me, "the cops name is Vega, another cop looks Mexican, that cop is blacker than me, the other cop is black ... dude, this man is just crazy. Starting a race war while holding a bag of gummy d^^ks." 

Cracked me up. 

4 minutes ago, ndirish5567 said:

My nephew was laughing. He's mixed (black and white) and is watching the video of Brown saying "this is black vs. white" and just says to me, "the cops name is Vega, another cop looks Mexican, that cop is blacker than me, the other cop is black ... dude, this man is just crazy. Starting a race war while holding a bag of gummy d^^ks." 

Cracked me up. 

Lol exactly he is just a straight up attention **** that needs to grow up!!. He was just doing that crap, once again to see what he could get away with and show people that he can completely treat cops like trash and they can't do nothing to him. 

33 minutes ago, ndirish5567 said:

Thank you, Jon Schwartz. 

Just keeping things in perspective. 

Drew Rosenhaus conditionally terminates relationship with Antonio Brown

Antonio Brown has no team, and for now he has no agent.

Per an NFLPA source, agent Drew Rosenhaus has informed Brown in writing that the relationship between the two men has been terminated, conditionally. The letter, per the source, explains that Rosenhaus will rescind the termination if Brown secures appropriate counseling within the next five days.

No termination of a client-agent relationship becomes official under NFLPA rules until a five-day waiting period has elapsed after the letter initiating the separation.

The goal, according to the source, is to persuade Brown to get the help he needs. If he doesn’t, he’ll have to find a new agent — and perhaps that agent will be able to help him through a stream of issues and challenges culminating in the recent incident with the mother of one or more of his children and Hollywood, Florida police.

Some have wondered over the past year whether Brown has gotten bad advice. The more accurate characterization may be that he has refused to heed the advice he has received. Rosenhaus, by all appearances, hopes that the termination letter will get Brown to obtain the assistance needed to result in him changing his ways, regarding topics like his interactions with family members and his use of social media.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/