AlpineEagle

Week 10: Vikings @ Cowboys

1 hour ago, letsgetit said:

This is what's funny about the Dak criticism.....so a year ago....Cooper was one of the worst receivers in the league and Cowboys were laughed at for trading a 1st rounder for him. Michael Gallup was a 3rd round receiver and were knocked or not taking Calvin Ridley with the 1st pick in the draft. Randall Cobb had a poor season and was signed for only 5 million because one had any faith in him. Yet, now all of a sudden his receivers are great lol. None of them were considered great a year ago. 

Too early to tell. If any of these teams catch fire you just don't know. Its all about getting into the playoffs at this point. Trying to win a Super Bowl in November is loser talk. 

The only fire either of our teams will be catching is a dumpster fire.  Dallas and Philly are equally bad.  Neither of these teams should be considered serious contenders for anything.

13 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

The only fire either of our teams will be catching is a dumpster fire.  Dallas and Philly are equally bad.  Neither of these teams should be considered serious contenders for anything.

In all fairness I don't think any nfc teams have truly separated themselves from the pack. Even the niners

2 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

In all fairness I don't think any nfc teams have truly separated themselves from the pack. Even the niners

I agree Westbrook 

15 hours ago, pisceschica said:

Well I don’t see it. Both teams are easily moving ball on each other  

The same Dallas defense that had their season ended by overweight running back who’s not in the league anymore? 

I definitely didn’t see a great dallas defense during their 3 game losing streak including a loss to bum bridgewater, but ok. 

Well I mean its more of a representation of how this is a passing league. These are two top 10 defenses. Just what it is. 

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Cowboys weapons were getting quite a bit of love before season.  Cooper has been amazing, all pro level season.

Oh I don't disagree. I think they are great. But I'm just speaking on their reputation. Last year they were considered terrible. This year they are great. You have to give credit to the qb there. Cobb was injured but had Aaron Rodgers as his quarterback. Cooper had Derek Carr. Sometimes it takes chemistry with a quarterback to get the most out of a receiver. I'm telling you I saw Cooper last year and I don't know what happened in Oakland. He was terrible. I did not see him playing like this despite his early success in the league. That's how bad he was. Even leadtheleague in drops if I'm not mistaken. 

2 hours ago, Hefty Smurf said:

They shouldn't but you never rule anyone out in the NFL. NEVER. The NFL never goes according to plans. Ravens won a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco and and Eli won 2 despite always being 9-7. There's a lot of football yet and I don't see any team really setting themselves away from the pack. You that in love with the 9ers? 

3 hours ago, pisceschica said:

🗣Dak wouldn’t put up those numbers yesterday with the eagles receiving core

Impossible to tell. All I heard all offseason was how the Eagles have the best running backs and receivers in the league. Now they suck. No one thought Jefrrey's, Jackson, Agholor, Ertz and Goedert sucked a year ago. Now they are the worst in the league lol. 

11 minutes ago, letsgetit said:

They shouldn't but you never rule anyone out in the NFL. NEVER. The NFL never goes according to plans. Ravens won a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco and and Eli won 2 despite always being 9-7. There's a lot of football yet and I don't see any team really setting themselves away from the pack. You that in love with the 9ers? 

Nope, but I am fully aware of what my team is.  Right now the Cowboys are a bad football team as are the Eagles.  The Cowboys lack discipline, they are poorly coached, and despite having a roster full of talent can't beat a good football team.  

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Cowboys weapons were getting quite a bit of love before season.  Cooper has been amazing, all pro level season.

Do you notice when he gets open it's often by a mile? Teams have to roll their coverage towards him, and that opens things up for the Cobbs and the lesser talented players. What's happening is what the Eagles FO thought Jackson would do for the Eagles. The Cowboys offense before, and after Cooper statistic they put up was like night and day.

I'd love to see Carson Wentz in that Dallas offense not that Prescott has been anything other than darn near flawless in it.

1 hour ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Nope, but I am fully aware of what my team is.  Right now the Cowboys are a bad football team as are the Eagles.  The Cowboys lack discipline, they are poorly coached, and despite having a roster full of talent can't beat a good football team.  

Same things were said about the Ravens and Giants. I mean I'm not here to convince you to have faith. You get whatever pleasure you get by writing your team off before the season is over. I'm just saying I wouldn't. I've watched the NFL too long to do it. 

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Do you notice when he gets open it's often by a mile? Teams have to roll their coverage towards him, and that opens things up for the Cobbs and the lesser talented players. What's happening is what the Eagles FO thought Jackson would do for the Eagles. The Cowboys offense before, and after Cooper statistic they put up was like night and day.

I'd love to see Carson Wentz in that Dallas offense not that Prescott has been anything other than darn near flawless in it.

Reason why they were so bad is because they went from Cole Beasley being their #1 receiver to Amari Cooper lol. Cole Beasley had no business ever being the #1 receiver or Allen Turns. 

21 hours ago, PopsG said:

Some people think that game is a given when in reality the cowboys have owned the Eagles.

Yeah . . . maybe they've time-warped back to the 'Buddy Ball' days when Buddy said, "We always beat the Cowboys!"

I still cant believe that they have never won when Elliot plays.

I didn't know that . . . so I guess the Eagles can't beat an EWOK?!  

On 11/11/2019 at 12:03 AM, joemas6 said:

So what if Howie offered a 1st rounder?   Would that have been enough?   Oakland would have taken our 1st rounder over Dallas?  Both teams were 3-4, we were defending champs and our QB was just coming back from injury.  Dallas was desperate... they needed to make that particular move.  We'll see how that works for them.  If they sign him long term or not.  

We can play the would if game for every scenario. In reality and what actually happened, Howie only offered up a 2nd rounder and didn't go higher than that. I'm not going to debate or argue about a hypothetical situation that did not happen, one which we also have no way of knowing, how it could have played out IF both teams had offered a 1st rounder. I'd assume that Oakland would've taken the pick that was going to be higher based off where they felt the teams would finish.

And regardless if they sign him or don't sign him. He took them a 3 - 5 team last year and completely transformed their offense and made their qb look marginally better. They also had him under contract for 2 years before needing to even think about long term deals.

Meanwhile, we've given up a 3rd for a guy that was here for a cup of coffee in Golden Tate, given up another 3rd round pick (not sure of the round but still another pick) for a guy DeSean Jackson who hasn't played a full season in like 3 seasons or so. And got injured unfortunately in his second game with us.

And used a 2nd rounder guy JJ Arceiga-Whiteside who can't even dress or see the field over glorified special teams players (Mack Hollins) on sundays. And our qb looks to be worse, for a variety of factors - one because he LOVES to throw deep balls and get chunk plays and lacks playmakers at the WR position. Which Cooper has proven the past 2 seasons - as well as his good season in Oakland - to be.  We've wasted a total of 3 picks on 3 guys that thus far have not panned out like Cooper in terms of production and availability for the team. Those are the facts.

The only hypothesis I'm willing to look at based on what we have and have seen? Is would the Eagles be better RIGHT NOW if Amari Cooper was on the team?

I'd say yeah.  But that's all irrelevant. Because again, there is no way of actually knowing.  But I understand what you are saying. Either way it doesn't matter, we are where we are and got what we got.

40 minutes ago, kmass88 said:

We can play the would if game for every scenario. In reality and what actually happened, Howie only offered up a 2nd rounder and didn't go higher than that. I'm not going to debate or argue about a hypothetical situation that did not happen, one which we also have no way of knowing, how it could have played out IF both teams had offered a 1st rounder. I'd assume that Oakland would've taken the pick that was going to be higher based off where they felt the teams would finish.

And regardless if they sign him or don't sign him. He took them a 3 - 5 team last year and completely transformed their offense and made their qb look marginally better. They also had him under contract for 2 years before needing to even think about long term deals.

Meanwhile, we've given up a 3rd for a guy that was here for a cup of coffee in Golden Tate, given up another 3rd round pick (not sure of the round but still another pick) for a guy DeSean Jackson who hasn't played a full season in like 3 seasons or so. And got injured unfortunately in his second game with us.

And used a 2nd rounder guy JJ Arceiga-Whiteside who can't even dress or see the field over glorified special teams players (Mack Hollins) on sundays. And our qb looks to be worse, for a variety of factors - one because he LOVES to throw deep balls and get chunk plays and lacks playmakers at the WR position. Which Cooper has proven the past 2 seasons - as well as his good season in Oakland - to be.  We've wasted a total of 3 picks on 3 guys that thus far have not panned out like Cooper in terms of production and availability for the team. Those are the facts.

The only hypothesis I'm willing to look at based on what we have and have seen? Is would the Eagles be better RIGHT NOW if Amari Cooper was on the team?

I'd say yeah.  But that's all irrelevant. Because again, there is no way of actually knowing.  But I understand what you are saying. Either way it doesn't matter, we are where we are and got what we got.

Correct... and we have a SB in the last 2 years ...and they have 2 playoff wins in the last 23.    Big picture.... we every move, but the overall success is more important.       But yeah... we could discuss hypothetical... because you know that if you were Oakland and you had the choice of giving Cooper to the Eagles or Dallas ... that you would have preferred to give him to Dallas thinking that he chances of that pick would be higher than if you gave traded him to the Eagles.    So I think its very easy to say, it would have costed us more than a 1st rounder.  In hindsight, it may or may not have been the right move?   We'll see... so far I like how our young LT looks, will be nice to have that spot locked up long term.     

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Correct... and we have a SB in the last 2 years ...and they have 2 playoff wins in the last 23.    Big picture.... we every move, but the overall success is more important.       But yeah... we could discuss hypothetical... because you know that if you were Oakland and you had the choice of giving Cooper to the Eagles or Dallas ... that you would have preferred to give him to Dallas thinking that he chances of that pick would be higher than if you gave traded him to the Eagles.    So I think its very easy to say, it would have costed us more than a 1st rounder.  In hindsight, it may or may not have been the right move?   We'll see... so far I like how our young LT looks, will be nice to have that spot locked up long term.     

I dont care about a Superbowl from 2 years ago. That ish is over and done with. I'm happy, loved it.  But its 2019 not 2017. 

That has no bearing on us being 5 - 4 now. Maybe that move influenced Howie and the trade? Who knows. I agree Dillard looks to be a solid pick that we got with that pick. We were the Bears playing their starters lucky to get into the playoffs last year. And a double doink lucky to move on.

Dallas won the division straight away. Beating us twice and both teams control their own destiny as of now. Cooper also has lit the Eagles up in every single game he has played in that uniform. And if it happens again for our final game?Could mean the division and a playoff berth. 

Time will tell, and we will have to see. But I worry about picks and next year. Next year. This team is trying to win now and has a slim window. Either way you slice it not making a move on him, has turned out to not work so well for the Eagles this last 2 seasons. And I'd argue, has worked out pretty well for a team that was not in the playoff hunt at 3 - 5, with a stagnant offense and qb. Who have consistently since the trade been better and had an inside track to win th4 division. Point blank.

On 11/12/2019 at 4:43 PM, kmass88 said:

I dont care about a Superbowl from 2 years ago. That ish is over and done with. I'm happy, loved it.  But its 2019 not 2017. 

That has no bearing on us being 5 - 4 now. Maybe that move influenced Howie and the trade? Who knows. I agree Dillard looks to be a solid pick that we got with that pick. We were the Bears playing their starters lucky to get into the playoffs last year. And a double doink lucky to move on.

Dallas won the division straight away. Beating us twice and both teams control their own destiny as of now. Cooper also has lit the Eagles up in every single game he has played in that uniform. And if it happens again for our final game?Could mean the division and a playoff berth. 

Time will tell, and we will have to see. But I worry about picks and next year. Next year. This team is trying to win now and has a slim window. Either way you slice it not making a move on him, has turned out to not work so well for the Eagles this last 2 seasons. And I'd argue, has worked out pretty well for a team that was not in the playoff hunt at 3 - 5, with a stagnant offense and qb. Who have consistently since the trade been better and had an inside track to win th4 division. Point blank.

Point blank... the teams finished their seasons the same weekend last year. And have the same record this year.  With the Eagles having a LT of the future  ( at least so far so good are this point)  

Also... point blank... every game Cooper has played against our secondary... we have had multiple injuries.  And really,  no matter how much crap people like to throw at our CBs... having them all there including the 2 guys that are supposed to start... it makes a difference.  

Yeah..  we will see how both teams finish and how Cooper performs vs our healthy secondary.  Will be nice to finally see a matchup that matters where one team doesn't have a clear advantage due to injury or suspension. IMO we haven't had that between Eagles vs Cowboys in a few years.  

I don't think the Eagles window is closing any time soon.  Other than Kelce, I don't think any of the older players are that great anymore to where they couldn't be replaced.   That includes Jenkins.  So not trading Dillard plus more for Cooper, I can't say hurt us at all.  

Also keep in mind that Dallas was not the only team in need of a WR.  It seems like a lot of fans always think it's just the Eagles and whichever team made a certain trade for a player.  It is what it is, other teams in a 32 team league are going to make moves that help them.  30 other teams passed on Cooper, Clowney, Sanders, Fitzpatrick,  Ramsey...etc. not just the Eagles 

On 11/11/2019 at 1:07 PM, letsgetit said:

Would you care to revisit this statement now?