Sign in to follow this  
wrestlevessel

Eagles vs Cowboys NFC East Division Race

35 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

They still won the NFC East for the 2019-2020 season. 

So you're saying it's over?

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It's over yes. I can't back this team to win 4 games. They'll win 2 or 3 max. 

was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?

6 hours ago, greenskeeper said:

was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?

Look you can try and look for hope and hey that's great. Keep the faith my friend keep the faith. 

What a sad sack division. Three teams under .500, including two bottom feeders, and a division leader that has zero wins against good teams. 

23 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

What a sad sack division. Three teams under .500, including two bottom feeders, and a division leader that has zero wins against good teams. 

There's probably going to be at least one 12-win Wild Card team this year in the NFC, and the East will struggle to get the division winner to 10 wins.

2 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

There's probably going to be at least one 12-win Wild Card team this year in the NFC, and the East will struggle to get the division winner to 10 wins.

You guys still have 4 guaranteed wins coming, so it will come down to that last game against Dallas. I think the Birds will be one game up going into that match up. 

8 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

You guys still have 4 guaranteed wins coming, so it will come down to that last game against Dallas. I think the Birds will be one game up going into that match up. 

I know I'm probably being more pessimistic than I should be, but I can easily see this team dropping a couple of these "cakewalk" games coming up.

Rappoport is reporting that the Giants would have interest in Jason Garrett if the Cowboys let him go. Could it be that Garrett will never leave the NFC East?😃

5 losses by combined 22 points.

I think Eagles edge out the division. Afraid that if Cowboys win it, Jerry will give Garrett another year...

Garrett out and in NY would be amazing.

I just want to thank Jerry for that glorious press conference for the ages that he held a few years back. It's the gift that keeos on giving!

Anytime I have misfortune of an unprovoked  encounter with some loud mouth cockroach pounding his chest abut "America's Team" and disrespecting Philly. I simply respond by seriously inquiring, "I'm just curious, did your boy Jerry ever find himself some glory hole?" They shut up quickly.

8 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

No way. We will either lose to Washington or 1 to NY. The offense is completely broken at this point.

8 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

8 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

I know I'm probably being more pessimistic than I should be, but I can easily see this team dropping a couple of these "cakewalk" games coming up.

I was just going to say, no game is a guarantee with how this team is playing.

10 hours ago, cowboy30 said:

5 losses by combined 22 points.

I think Eagles edge out the division. Afraid that if Cowboys win it, Jerry will give Garrett another year...

Garrett out and in NY would be amazing.

And you guys can hire Shurmur.

We can’t score points period lol 

3 fing points till garbage time and have turned Wentz into Trubisky cause the fing FO    was too fing stubborn to make any sort of move other than hiring that fing scrub Jordan Matthews.  Jordan Matthews is fing worse than Reggie Brown and JJAW is Billy McMullen 

I'm not sure why you guys are complaining about the front office. At the beginning of the season most regarded Philly's roster as one of the best, if not the best in the league. Now we all know that's not true, but your GM did equip the team with one of the best OLs in football, a legit deep threat at WR, a top 3 TE, a serviceable slot WR and a pretty good stable of backs. Oh and Wentz, who is supposed to be a top 5 QB. How are they supposed to predict injuries and player regression (Wentz, Agholor)? The team still has a decent chance to get 10 wins and the defense is playing well. 

The only criticism I would have is that the Eagles have not drafted well in recent years (and it's about to catch up with them), but they knock FA out of the park. 

18 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I'm not sure why you guys are complaining about the front office. At the beginning of the season most regarded Philly's roster as one of the best, if not the best in the league. Now we all know that's not true, but your GM did equip the team with one of the best OLs in football, a legit deep threat at WR, a top 3 TE, a serviceable slot WR and a pretty good stable of backs. Oh and Wentz, who is supposed to be a top 5 QB. How are they supposed to predict injuries and player regression (Wentz, Agholor)? The team still has a decent chance to get 10 wins and the defense is playing well. 

The only criticism I would have is that the Eagles have not drafted well in recent years (and it's about to catch up with them), but they knock FA out of the park. 

I think even we rely on injury prone players too much and have for a few years now. Got away with it in 2017 because the injuries were spread out amongst many positions, but the past 2 years they have hit the same units multiple times and that's almost impossible to overcome no matter how deep your roster seems.

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I don;t even think they have been bad drafting.  Been more a combination of average drafting and lack of volume.

(I am still stuck on that post above that said the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. and no one noticed. 🙄)

The game of football has an unusual degree of luck for two reasons: the ball is not round and officiating (the ultimate crap shoot). Teams that loose by 2-4 points, but show they have the TALENT to compete with anyone, are the ones that all of a sudden CAN jump and 'surprise' everyone. If you have the base (talent) in the long run they will do well - it is  ~almost~ mathematical certainty. 'Almost', because of the 2 reasons given above. If you loose by a total of 22 poinst to teams like NO (2 points), Minn (4 points) & NE (4 points) that means you are close and if they get to the 'Tournament', anything could happen. No, the difference between the Cowboys & Eagles is NOT just 1 win. And yes, Kellen Moore has made some mistakes (Garrett doesn't call the plays), but he is learning, because - he is not stupid. If you have no talent and are stupid, nothing will ever change.

2 hours ago, Mearns said:

(I am still stuck on that post above that said the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. and no one noticed. 🙄)

:facepalm:

Do a YouTube search for ‘’Germans bombed Pearl Harbor’’. 

You're welcome. 

18 hours ago, Mearns said:

The game of football has an unusual degree of luck for two reasons: the ball is not round and officiating (the ultimate crap shoot). Teams that loose by 2-4 points, but show they have the TALENT to compete with anyone, are the ones that all of a sudden CAN jump and 'surprise' everyone. If you have the base (talent) in the long run they will do well - it is  ~almost~ mathematical certainty. 'Almost', because of the 2 reasons given above. If you loose by a total of 22 poinst to teams like NO (2 points), Minn (4 points) & NE (4 points) that means you are close and if they get to the 'Tournament', anything could happen. No, the difference between the Cowboys & Eagles is NOT just 1 win. And yes, Kellen Moore has made some mistakes (Garrett doesn't call the plays), but he is learning, because - he is not stupid. If you have no talent and are stupid, nothing will ever change.

I understand that Garrett doesn’t call the plays but he is responsible for the team and the way it performs on a week to week basis. 
He wanted to keep his good friend Scoot L at the OC until JJ told him a change has to be made. ST is a mess and D can’t get a turnover to save there lives. 
Every time something good happens someone gets called for a penalty. 
It’s just not a discipline team and that is on him as well. 
I would love to see some emotion other then hand clapping when someone screws up. I heard on the radio that Woodson said that JJ was wrong for sharing his frustration but I disagree. The team as well as JG got his message and if they have a great game tomorrow then that means that Jason Garrett has  not done  his best to get this team ready to play in the games they have lost. 

7 hours ago, gch said:

understand that Garrett doesn’t call the plays but he is responsible for the team and the way it performs on a week to week basis. 

Doesn't he? I earlier this season Moore was calling the plays but then Garrett took back that responsibility?