Sign in to follow this  
SBorBust

Mack Hollins - What Went Wrong?

Dave,

How does a guy like Mack Hollins end up being so bad?

Is it lack of effort? Was he in the wrong system? Was the game too fast for him? Do the Eagles greatly undervalued lateral quickness? Could he never mentally get past the injuries?

I’m not trying to kick the guy while he’s down. I just don’t understand how it could have gone so spectacularly wrong.

On 12/3/2019 at 9:06 PM, mike030270 said:

I think you're looking for this forum

https://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/forum/4-ask-dave-spadaro/

I think he just never came back from that mysterious injury🤷‍♂️

I'm curious what the actual injury was and if there were any complications

I dont think it was a matter of not coming back from an injury. He never did anything before the injury besides one long TD on busted coverage. He just has not shown he has the skills to get open in the NFL so far.

An effective NFL WR is a lot more than speed.  Many good athletes and good college WRs can't master the other aspects of pro WR play.  Hollins was just another one. He had a few good moments, but, after the injury, he just never seemed to be the same. 

Nothing went wrong he wasn't good. And could gave been a locker room malcontent.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:06 PM, mike030270 said:

I think you're looking for this forum ...

I was going to say the same thing. Dave never comes into ATNFL. At least not Dave Spadaro… I'm sure there's SOME Dave that comes in here... maybe THAT Dave can chime in and answer the question...

43 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was going to say the same thing. Dave never comes into ATNFL. At least not Dave Spadaro… I'm sure there's SOME Dave that comes in here... maybe THAT Dave can chime in and answer the question...

LOL

On 12/6/2019 at 5:02 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

My first name is Don, so when I read the OP, I just assumed he was asking me but got my name wrong.