Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Bueno

Has there ever been another season where...

Every team in the NFC East but us fired their head coach?

I can't remember one myself... In fact, I can't recall another division having 3 of 4 teams getting a new coach.

Jason Garrett hasn’t been fired yet

3 minutes ago, paco said:

And there still is a chance he isn't fired. Never heard of a team having more than one meeting like this plus it has been said that Jerry sees Garrett as being like family to him. Hopefully Mr. Senile keeps around Mr. Clappy! 

43 minutes ago, paco said:

39 minutes ago, Jason1978 said:

And there still is a chance he isn't fired.

His contract expires soon, he may not be fired but still may not be the Cowboys coach next season.

It’s a bit weird knowing Pederson will be going into his 5th season and will be the senior NFCE head coach. 

13 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It’s a bit weird knowing Pederson will be going into his 5th season and will be the senior NFCE head coach. 

4 years, 3 playoff appearances, 1 SB win

8 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

4 years, 3 playoff appearances, 1 SB win

Yep. I was definitely off on my thoughts on his hire. 

29 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yep. I was definitely off on my thoughts on his hire. 

I may or may not have wanted Adam Gase. :ph34r: Feels so good to be wrong about that.

I'm just glad I didn't leave some scorching hot take in the Doug Pederson hiring thread in TATE. :lol: There are some dandy hot takes in there.

Just now, Dawkins 20 said:

I may or may not have wanted Adam Gase. :ph34r: Feels so good to be wrong about that.

I'm just glad I didn't leave some scorching hot take in the Doug Pederson hiring thread in TATE. :lol: There are some dandy hot takes in there.

I didn't know who I wanted. I think I wanted them to interview Lions DC Teryl Austin. I wanted a defensive minded coach at the time. I remember feeling let down when I first heard they had interest in DP, because I knew instantly, he was going to be the guy.

Now I'm glad he was.

He was fired today. The Cowboys have a lot of talent. Don’t know who would take that job with that owner though...

Ron Rivera in Washington is a good move for them. Unfortunately, I think their owner and ? GM stink.

Giants have some good talent on offense, they need some help.

The Eagles need some serious talent additions. Coaching needs some help, but I think the issue is more with the talent.

4 hours ago, McMarc said:

He was fired today. The Cowboys have a lot of talent. Don’t know who would take that job with that owner though...

Ron Rivera in Washington is a good move for them. Unfortunately, I think their owner and ? GM stink.

Giants have some good talent on offense, they need some help.

The Eagles need some serious talent additions. Coaching needs some help, but I think the issue is more with the talent.

Dame was said about Washington/Snyder. And look, he landed a legit coach.

I'm sure Jones won't have a problem finding someone. The only question is if he outsmarts himself with another Garrett.

There hasn't been a single season where it happened, but there were two seasons during the early 2000s where the other three NFCE teams all changed their coaches. The Cowboys fired Dave Campo after 2002 (replacing him with Parcells), and the Giants and Redskins changed coaches the next year (the Giants fired Jim Fassell with two games left, although they let him coach the last two games, and Steve Spurrier resigned after the season, so the Skins brought back Joe Gibbs).