AlpineEagle

AFC Divisional: Texans @ Chiefs

Looks like the Texans are just going through the motions, not playing like they think they can score 10 points in the last 2 minutes. No real sense of urgency.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Oh, I just remembered another one lol

Back in 1987, I worked at an AMC Movie Theater. One of the assistant managers (after I'd quit and joined the Army), decided not to deposit Friday night's cash into the bank. He went and bought a new car on Saturday and used that cash as the down payment. His intention was to get the money deposited early on Monday morning.

Something happened that prevented him from being able to get it deposited, though, and he was busted.

Thinking about that job, it was the single most fun job I've ever had, and there were some great movies that came out in the summer of '87. The Princess Bride was fun to watch. My fellow ushers and I watched some movies so many times that we could recite the lines perfectly. "Hollywood Shuffle" was one of those that we'd have fun with.

Movie theaters would seem like a great job especially in the 80's so many great movies and genres were born in that decade. 

We had a girl stealing books of scratch off lottery tickets like a few hundred dollars worth! Now she was the manager of the customer service department so she should know that you have to scan and call those tickets in for them to be active lol. So this dumb arse is risking her job stealing lottery tickets she couldn't even claim if she won anything!! Lol

Just now, LacesOut said:

King Andy will be in his what, 6th or 7th Championship Game?? Not too shabby.

If we hadn't won LII, I'd be upset with the thought of him in a Super Bowl right now.

Just thought about something, with regard to the Chiefs, it was 50 years ago that they won their first (only) Super Bowl. Super Bowl IV, vs. the Vikings. Back before the Lombardi Trophy was the 'Lombardi' Trophy.

No way in hell the Titans beat this team.

These guys look like a team of destiny.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

How come the Chief's 'tomahawk chop' chant isn't ever condemned as being racist?

Cause they don't have a color of skin in their name or a face of a native American on their helmet......

I completely made that up but, it sounds accurate

Because they are in Missouri and the Midwest is just a bunch of racist hill billies that aren’t woke like the east coast. 

Reid will botch this up...... He's been botching up playoff games for 20 years now..  Prove me wrong!  

O'Brian proved to be a bad motivational speaker. They said all week long he kept reminding his players they can't win trying to motivate them. I live in Houston and the city and the fans hate him. They have a talented team on paper but with the right HC and DC they can be serious SB contenders. 

1 minute ago, heavywchamp said:

O'Brian proved to be a bad motivational speaker. They said all week long he kept reminding his players they can't win trying to motivate them. I live in Houston and the city and the fans hate him. They have a talented team on paper but with the right HC and DC they can be serious SB contenders. 

That's what I'm saying obrian coached his way out if this game. He is a dumb arse

2 minutes ago, Baynit said:

Reid will botch this up...... He's been botching up playoff games for 20 years now..  Prove me wrong!  

31 coaches botch each year.  Proving you wrong would mean they win the SB this year. 

8 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Cause they don't have a color of skin in their name or a face of a native American on their helmet......

I completely made that up but, it sounds accurate

I dunno I have rooted for the Atlanta Braves all my life and while I don't follow baseball nearly as close as I used to the Braves have made efforts to stop it...  Supposedly when they left the Ted that was supposed to be the "final chop".  Now they do still play chop graphics on the scoreboard and sometimes fans get into it..  But it's nowhere close to being as energetic as it was in the 90s or as it was today in Arrowhead....     They also stopped handing out the foam tomahawks and what not...  I just think it literally comes down to weather or not someone within the organization wants to be "that guy"  that puts a stop to it...  Ya know because we have to be politically correct about everything in today's world and god forbid we offend someone....

7 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

31 coaches botch each year.  Proving you wrong would mean they win the SB this year. 

you proved nothing...  I said prove to me that Reid doesn't botch it up every year...  Not 31 other coaches..

and yes i'm rooting for a 49ers/Titans super bowl...  

31 minutes ago, Baynit said:

you proved nothing...  I said prove to me that Reid doesn't botch it up every year...  Not 31 other coaches..

You want us to prove that Reid hasn’t won the SB yet as a head coach?  I thought that was a well known fact, not something that you need additional proof to establish. 

That Chiefs offense is so damn explosive. That's the gold standard right there for what we should be at least aiming towards. Down 24-0 and I still liked their chances because they can score so quickly. Can you imagine us in that situation? Would take us 3 times as long. 

I'm sorry but the Texans reminded of the old Eagles with McNabb  with that L 🙄

2 hours ago, Cappeeler said:

I'm sorry but the Texans reminded of the old Eagles with McNabb  with that L 🙄

You guys relate everything back to the Eagles. When did they blow a 24 point lead in the playoffs?