KingxEagles

D.K. Metcalf shows everyone they screwed up.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but would he be the same guy with someone other than Russell Wilson throwing to him? Would Groh have been able to figure out how to use him?

We really haven't been good at drafting WRs who make immediate impacts; I think the last guy to do that in any way for us was Maclin.

Last pick of the 2nd round so 31 teams passed on him -- twice. Hindsight is indeed 20/20.

Honestly I never heard of JJAW.  Was kinda hoping they'd take Metcalf or Parris Campbell from Ohio St.

I also picked Jawaan Taylor 6th overall for the Giants. He fell to the second round due to injury concerns.

Proceeded to start all 16 games for the Jaguars. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Metcalf was an obvious pick that know it all people hated on. The guys got Julio Jones level physical ability. It’s better to risk on a guy like him than one a guy like JJAW who CLEARLY had issues getting open. 

It’s like Henry dropping to mid round 2 when he should’ve CLEARLY been a top 5-10 pick. That’s not hindsight, that’s the truth. It was then and is now.

I get sick of people saying hindsight blah blah blah, when they weren’t smart enough to see guys like Metcalf, Henry and Moss were at very least WELL WORTH THE RISK.

We’re the Eagles. We eschew the physical freaks for what we consider safer picks. It’s what we do. 

Brandon Graham

Derek Barnett

JJ Arcega-Whiteside 

Just to name a few 

They need to feature our draft war room in one of those GEICO commercials 

Metcalf passes the eye test, for sure. The guy just looks like every bit of an NFL WR. I think they definitely outsmarted themselves passing on him.

23 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Metcalf passes the eye test, for sure. The guy just looks like every bit of an NFL WR. I think they definitely outsmarted themselves passing on him.

All the other teams did.

I think Metcalf was just a rare exception when someone really blows it up at the combine, and still is able to match the hype or expectation once the pads go on.

I don't blame teams for passing on him and it's not like he slid all the way to the later rounds.

On 1/6/2020 at 7:01 AM, LA_Eagle_Fan said:

Hindsight is always 20/20, but would he be the same guy with someone other than Russell Wilson throwing to him? Would Groh have been able to figure out how to use him?

We really haven't been good at drafting WRs who make immediate impacts; I think the last guy to do that in any way for us was Maclin.

right? DJax and Maclin were the last WR's we hit on, and to think that was over 10 years ago

10 hours ago, Pallidrone said:

Raheem Mostert shows everyone they screwed up.

7 teams in 2 years to be exact