On 1/13/2020 at 10:43 AM, BowToMcNabb said:

I was pretty rough on Andy while he was here and had a hard time forgiving Banner and Reid for letting Dawkins walk, but Andy is one of the greatest coaches of the game. He was able to dig the Eagles franchise out of the mud and was a critical ingredient in installing a winning culture in the organization. Without Andy there is no Doug Pederson or Super Bowl, plain and simple. I don't understand why people hold a grudge against Reid but not Buddy or Vermeil. Yeah, it sucked he couldn't get it done despite numerous opportunities, but there are plenty of sad ball clubs that wish they could make the playoffs every now and then let alone compete at the highest levels as consistently as Andy did. 

Fing get 'em Andy, go Chiefs.

(also, how could you root against brother Kelce?)

Reid built the foundation for the Eagles but it was time for him to move on when he did.  Even when he was fired, Lurie still gave him a game ball and celebrated his time here because they knew how important he was, and his influence in many ways still is with the Eagles, especially after the mess of Chip.  

12 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Reid built the foundation for the Eagles but it was time for him to move on when he did.  Even when he was fired, Lurie still gave him a game ball and celebrated his time here because they knew how important he was, and his influence in many ways still is with the Eagles, especially after the mess of Chip.  

10+ years coaching the same team is pretty good run, but moving on was the best thing for both parties. I'm glad he's on good terms with the organization and look forward to when he's inducted into the Eagles HOF. 

1 minute ago, BowToMcNabb said:

10+ years coaching the same team is pretty good run, but moving on was the best thing for both parties. I'm glad he's on good terms with the organization and look forward to when he's inducted into the Eagles HOF. 

And four days after being fired by the Eagles, he became the Chiefs HC.  

If they can't beat a 6 seed at home, he'll never do it.

1 minute ago, Portyansky said:

Is AR the only HC to go to the SB with an NFC and AFC team?

Parcells did it.

Chiefs are the only team I watched after the Eagles were done. I am happy for AR, and I believe he gets a SB win this year. Amazing, his influence helped the Eagles win a SB with Doug using everything he learned from AR, as well as his other influences. take it all the way, AR- go get you one!!

9 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Is AR the only HC to go to the SB with an NFC and AFC team?

He’s the only head coach to go to the SB with an NFC and AFC team WITHOUT Bill Belichick being the reason all the teams went to the Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Ahh right. Thanks!

AFC-NFC DAILY DOUBLE: 
Reid joins Parcells, Reeves and Fox as only the fourth head coach in NFL history to lead an AFC team and an NFC team to the Super Bowl.

This one is very tough to call.  If the chiefs slowed down Henry they probably could slow down the 9ers rushing attack.  They just can't start slow for the 3rd game in a row or it will be a long night to try and come back against 9ers defense.  For now my prediction is 9ers by 4.  

On 1/12/2020 at 9:42 AM, bwestbrook36 said:

Nothing is easy in the playoffs especially for Reid. I hope he gets blown out

Why? I hope he does win ! I think he has learned from passed mistakes. Example... running the ball more consistently and situationally. Getting more talented players and just over all experience in his play calling.

On 1/13/2020 at 10:43 AM, BowToMcNabb said:

I was pretty rough on Andy while he was here and had a hard time forgiving Banner and Reid for letting Dawkins walk, but Andy is one of the greatest coaches of the game. He was able to dig the Eagles franchise out of the mud and was a critical ingredient in installing a winning culture in the organization. Without Andy there is no Doug Pederson or Super Bowl, plain and simple. I don't understand why people hold a grudge against Reid but not Buddy or Vermeil. Yeah, it sucked he couldn't get it done despite numerous opportunities, but there are plenty of sad ball clubs that wish they could make the playoffs every now and then let alone compete at the highest levels as consistently as Andy did. 

Fing get 'em Andy, go Chiefs.

(also, how could you root against brother Kelce?)

I don't get the anger toward Andy either.To me that's kinda unfair. He did the best he could with what they GAVE him to work with. It's not like he didn't want more talented receviers. But what was he going to do ...hold a gun on Banner to ensure he got the players he probably told them he would like to have.
As pointed out, he was/is a players coach, and so had no other option but to claim he was fine with what he had. He sure wasn't going to publicly say they sucked even if he secretly believed that they did. That was not Any's way. And it is also why his players play hard for him. And love the guy.

2 hours ago, back2nj said:

I don't get the anger toward Andy either.To me that's kinda unfair. He did the best he could with what they GAVE him to work with. It's not like he didn't want more talented receviers. But what was he going to do ...hold a gun on Banner to ensure he got the players he probably told them he would like to have.
As pointed out, he was/is a players coach, and so had no other option but to claim he was fine with what he had. He sure wasn't going to publicly say they sucked even if he secretly believed that they did. That was not Any's way. And it is also why his players play hard for him. And love the guy.

Andy had final say on player personnel. He's no innocent victim in this.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Right. He had say in personnel decisions. He was always "fine” at wr. 

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He had final say in personal however it’s not like he could say go get Larry Fitzgerald and they would make a run at it. He had some Input but final decision was up to banner. 

45 minutes ago, lorddevn said:

He had final say in personal however it’s not like he could say go get Larry Fitzgerald and they would make a run at it. He had some Input but final decision was up to banner. 

What kind of example is that? Fitzgerald was number 3 pick in 2004 the same year eagles came off of a super bowl appearence and had Terrell Owens. 

Also Reid had final say on player personnel. 

2001, Reid was named executive vice president of football operations of the Eagles, effectively making him the team's general manager. Although the Eagles have had someone with the title of general manager since 2005 (Tom Heckert from 2005 to 2010, Howie Roseman from 2010 until Reid's departure), Reid had the final say on football matters.[16]

7 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

What kind of example is that? Fitzgerald was number 3 pick in 2004 the same year eagles came off of a super bowl appearence and had Terrell Owens. 

Also Reid had final say on player personnel. 

2001, Reid was named executive vice president of football operations of the Eagles, effectively making him the team's general manager. Although the Eagles have had someone with the title of general manager since 2005 (Tom Heckert from 2005 to 2010, Howie Roseman from 2010 until Reid's departure), Reid had the final say on football matters.[16]

He had final say, but he didn’t have the right to negotiate and make deals. That’s a big difference. Fitz was obviously used because of the rumors we were targeting him in the late 2000’s and that he was rumored to be at the philly airport. 

1 hour ago, lorddevn said:

He had final say, but he didn’t have the right to negotiate and make deals. That’s a big difference. Fitz was obviously used because of the rumors we were targeting him in the late 2000’s and that he was rumored to be at the philly airport. 

Oh ok I got you. 

On 1/12/2020 at 9:42 AM, bwestbrook36 said:

On 1/20/2020 at 3:49 PM, back2nj said:

Why?   I hope he does win !   I think he has learned from passed mistakes. 

Too many bad, annoying memories . . . "We're fine there." 

Poor clock mgmt., poor challenge calls, idiotic, predictable, stuck-in-the-mud play-calling.

His alleged contributions to our Super Bowl win are tenuous at best. It's more like we won

it all in spite of Andy Reid . . . although he did pick Nick Foles in 2012. But it was Howie who

brought him back just in time for 2017 Super Bowl run.

Eh. Whatever. 

On 1/29/2020 at 1:55 AM, McNabbIsGone said:

Poor clock mgmt., poor challenge calls, idiotic, predictable, stuck-in-the-mud play-calling.

His alleged contributions to our Super Bowl win are tenuous at best. It's more like we won

it all in spite of Andy Reid . . . although he did pick Nick Foles in 2012. But it was Howie who

Eh. Whatever. 

It was chip kelly who traded Foles for a oft injured QB

On 1/29/2020 at 2:55 AM, McNabbIsGone said:

Eh. Whatever. 

Anyhow...he is probably getting his ring tonight