Wallyhorse

Texans Meltdown vs. Chiefs -- Does Bill o'Brien deserve to be fired?

Texans Meltdown vs. Chiefs  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you fire Texans Head Coach Bill o'Brien following Sunday's (1/12) EPIC MELTDOWN in Kansas City against the Chiefs?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, greenskeeper said:

No. Don't be a dumb@ss

There was already talk O'Brien needed to make a deep playoff run to keep his job.  A game like today could have very well cost him that. 

2 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

There was already talk O'Brien needed to make a deep playoff run to keep his job.  A game like today could have very well cost him that. 

tenor.gif

He's been terrible despite collecting enough wins to make the playoffs a few times. Watson saved the season last week 

Bad coaching definitely played a factor in this remarkable loss.

But he deserves a mulligan for at least getting there.

14 minutes ago, madriver said:

Bad coaching definitely played a factor in this remarkable loss.

But he deserves a mulligan for at least getting there.

How many Mulligan's should he get? He's been there before and has done nothing with it

1 hour ago, madriver said:

But he deserves a mulligan

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

How many Mulligan's

RichardMulligan.png.8f914db75669a54364bddf773baefecf.png

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

RichardMulligan.png.8f914db75669a54364bddf773baefecf.png

Isn't he that guy that had that show where he sat down with his dog at the end of the theme song?? Lol. If you know what I'm talking then you are truly a genius.....found it!!

They got out to the 24-0 lead because of blown coverage, a blocked punt and a fumbled punt.  Then Houston gave the lead right back with similar special teams mistakes.

He should be on thin ice but I think he gets 1 more year to at least get them to the AFCCG especially if NE and their dominance may be over.

Without doubt. He's under achieved with that team and that's without considering yesterday. Then yesterday he absolutely blew that for his team. 

Up 21 points, you're in their territory and you have a 4th and 1 with DeShaun Watson as your QB and you kick the FG? Gutless or what. Then on your next offensive drive you try some trick play on ST? In your own territory. I mean he single handedly gave Kansas the momentum. 

O'Brien is getting killed but I feel like the players deserve some of the blame. O'Brien isn't fumbling kickoff returns, or giving up big returns to Mecole Hardman... There were plenty of things that went wrong, the blame goes around. Yet it feels like the Texans got comfortable with the lead 24-0, took their foot off the pedal, and the Chiefs were ready to pounce. Is that the head coach's fault? And how much credit does O'Brien deserve for getting them this far into the playoffs?

I dont follow the texans so I have no idea, but he shouldnt be fired for just that one game unless there's a history of similar problems

It all depends on how he's perceived in the locker room by the players. Does he still have their trust. Are they an ascending team? I mean KC is a much more talented team. They were only trailing early because of absurdly sloppy play. No one picked the Texans to win. 

4 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

It all depends on how he's perceived in the locker room by the players. Does he still have their trust. Are they an ascending team? I mean KC is a much more talented team. They were only trailing early because of absurdly sloppy play. No one picked the Texans to win. 

Still, you are not supposed to blow a 24-0 lead, let alone in the EPIC way it happened here. 

I don't know if he deserves to be fired because of the collapse. He should be fired because of his body of work. You can blame the decision to not go for it on 4th and short and kicking the field goal on him (I don't think it was the worst call at the time, but don't use the time out which they could of used later to do so.) The fake punt was also a terrible call. But he's also not going out there telling his guys to not cover Kelce, or fumble kick-offs either.

That being said it's not like he was impressive before that so I can see him gone. Unfortunately when you fire a head coach after the post-season some of the good coaching candidates are already gone. I'm not sure that's the case this off-season, but the fear would be firing him to replace him with someone worse.

That team really has so many pieces in place.   He did blink on that 4th and one play and then compounded that mistake on the fake punt.   I would keep him another year, but expect it all to come together and at least be in the AFC championship game.