AlpineEagle

SUPER BOWL LIV: 49ers vs. Chiefs

If the Eagles aren't playing I'm only moderately interested, even if Reid is coaching.

Still, the two best possible matchups are playing. Would love to see how Spags will stop that running attack of the Niners. If he does, Mahomes will put up 50 on that team.

This is the best matchup possible besides the Ravens vs 49ers. Go 49ers! Sorry Andy...you were a good coach here but you should have at won at least two SBs. I really do appreciate everything he did here, but I hope he chokes again as he always did here.

7 minutes ago, madriver said:

If the Eagles aren't playing I'm only moderately interested, even if Reid is coaching.

Still, the two best possible matchups are playing. Would love to see how Spags will stop that running attack of the Niners. If he does, Mahomes will put up 50 on that team.

While I would normally feel the same, I hate the Niners with a passion. I can't help it. Live in the Bay Area. They sicken me. I hope they all get foot fungus the night before the game. 

7 minutes ago, InfiniteUnknown said:

This is the best matchup possible besides the Ravens vs 49ers. Go 49ers! Sorry Andy...you were a good coach here but you should have at won at least two SBs. I really do appreciate everything he did here, but I hope he chokes again as he always did here.

You should die :-)

1 minute ago, InfiniteUnknown said:

More like Andy should for choking away multiple SB talent...

if it was anyone other than the Niners I might not care as much. I really, really, really, hate them.

Go Chiefs Go Andy! Make Garoppolo throw more than 8 times in the game and you may have a good shot. Is their run game that good? Sheesh. GB run defense that bad?  Holy hell.

31 minutes ago, InfiniteUnknown said:

More like Andy should for choking away multiple SB talent...

He couldn't help that his biggest shot at winning was playing against a bunch of cheaters without his starting TE, a starting wideout that had menstrual cramps that played 1/2 a game. Then you had a QB that was throwing up everywhere and a super man WR on one ankle and they were still in the game. Just wasn't meant to be. I'm pulling for the guy because contrary to popular belief he gave everything he had to his job and Philly. So much so that he lost a kid because of it. You should probably get over it.

This is a tough game to call. It really could go either way.  I hope the Chiefs win, but I can't get a read on this game yet.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Go Niners!

I am so torn on this.

On the one hand I am not a Reid fan because of when I became an Eagles fan. I didn't get his better years here and so I have no affiliation with him. I also don't want Mahomes to win a SB before Wentz although that's a completely irrational thing.

On the other hand I can not stand the Niners. I used to "root" for them because I watched many games with my friend and his family and they are all Niners fans. I would root for them and even rooted for them in their last SB appearance. But then 2017 happened... And my friend would give absolutely no credit to the Eagles for what they achieved. He would actively play down what happened and what an incredible achievement it was. Every year he tells me the Eagles will finish at best 8-8 and he doesn't rate any of our players. So now I root against the Niners.

So I shall have to continue that in the SB and say... Go Chiefs.

6 hours ago, judunno said:

Go Chiefs Go Andy! Make Garoppolo throw more than 8 times in the game and you may have a good shot. Is their run game that good? Sheesh. GB run defense that bad?  Holy hell.

I like the Chiefs in this one. I dont think Jimmy can out duel Patrick. Titans run game was shut down.  Chiefs wanted Ryan to beat them in the air and he could not.  Chiefs will stop the run. 

1 hour ago, donovanseagle said:

I like the Chiefs in this one. I dont think Jimmy can out duel Patrick. Titans run game was shut down.  Chiefs wanted Ryan to beat them in the air and he could not.  Chiefs will stop the run. 

I don't necessarily think it comes down to Jimmy vs Patrick though. It comes down to whether the Chiefs can limit that run game. Though what does work for the Chiefs is how explosive their offense is. It does mean that Niners could dominate ToP but it may not mean a thing. Kansas don't need long to put up points we all know that.

1 hour ago, donovanseagle said:

I don’t think Jimmy needs to out duel Mahomes. I don’t see the Chiefs stopping the Niners run game. San Fran just blew out the Packers with Jimmy throwing a whopping total of 8 passes. 

27 minutes ago, nipples said:

I don’t think Jimmy needs to out duel Mahomes. I don’t see the Chiefs stopping the Niners run game. San Fran just blew out the Packers with Jimmy throwing a whopping total of 8 passes. 

They did just shut down Henry who has been rolling. Chiefs defense is kinda sneakily really good.

15 minutes ago, boogyman said:

They did just shut down Henry who has been rolling. Chiefs defense is kinda sneakily really good.

I think that had more to do with KC deciding Henry wouldn’t be the one to beat them. Henry had early success, but then KC seemed to focus more on him and dared Tannehill to beat them. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting Garoppolo is a world beater, but I think he’s capable of getting the ball to guys like Kittle, Sanders and Deboo if need be, in addition to Mostert and Coleman doing their thing on the ground. 

10 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Opened as a pick 'em.  It's a helluva matchup.

It sure is.  Im looking forward to this one actually.   This is some serious business. 

10 hours ago, The_Talon said:

While I would normally feel the same, I hate the Niners with a passion. I can't help it. Live in the Bay Area. They sicken me. I hope they all get foot fungus the night before the game. 

You should die :-)

Wtf?

11 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Wtf?

I live up here in no cal too. Moved here from so cal a few months back.  

i totally relate to the talon on this one 

12 hours ago, AlpineEagle said:

Photo will Post after Announce their Uniforms First either the 49ers or Chiefs

The Chiefs are the "home" team. It rotates back and forth from AFC/NFC every year. They can choose to wear their red/home or white/away jerseys.

I hear the 49ers want to wear their all-white throwbacks.