AlpineEagle

SUPER BOWL LIV: 49ers vs. Chiefs

6 minutes ago, toolg said:

The Chiefs are the "home" team. It rotates back and forth from AFC/NFC every year. They can choose to wear their red/home or white/away jerseys.

I hear the 49ers want to wear their all-white throwbacks.

I guess that may work out for them then? As I would guess the Chiefs would want to wear their red jerseys.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I watched many games with my friend and his family and they are all Niners fans. I would root for them and even rooted for them in their last SB appearance. But then 2017 happened... And my friend would give absolutely no credit to the Eagles for what they achieved. He would actively play down what happened and what an incredible achievement it was. Every year he tells me the Eagles will finish at best 8-8 and he doesn't rate any of our players. So now I root against the Niners.

So I shall have to continue that in the SB and say... Go Chiefs.

Not much of a friend...

It sickens me that the 49ers can be irrelevant for so long and then get a Super Bowl appearance with Kap and Harbaugh. Then they’re irrelevant for years again, and they are now right back in it after one solid year. Can’t stand the people who I know that are fans of this team. Cocky.

Chiefs have been at it for years now. They deserve this one. Hopefully this 49ers team ends up like the Harbaugh one. I want to see something from Jimmy G. if they win. Go Chiefs!!

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I think that had more to do with KC deciding Henry wouldn’t be the one to beat them. Henry had early success, but then KC seemed to focus more on him and dared Tannehill to beat them. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting Garoppolo is a world beater, but I think he’s capable of getting the ball to guys like Kittle, Sanders and Deboo if need be, in addition to Mostert and Coleman doing their thing on the ground. 

Eve though Garoppolo is a capable guy, I would go with the same plan vs the 49ers. Make them throw. Chiefs pass rush is good,  I think they can make more plays on defense that way, rather than letting SF pound them with the run.

12 hours ago, madriver said:

If the Eagles aren't playing I'm only moderately interested, even if Reid is coaching.

Still, the two best possible matchups are playing. Would love to see how Spags will stop that running attack of the Niners. If he does, Mahomes will put up 50 on that team.

12 hours ago, InfiniteUnknown said:

This is the best matchup possible besides the Ravens vs 49ers. Go 49ers! Sorry Andy...you were a good coach here but you should have at won at least two SBs. I really do appreciate everything he did here, but I hope he chokes again as he always did here.

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Go Niners!

All of this

These were two of the most boring conference championship games I've ever seen. Hopefully the SB is more interesting.

The music acts look very good though.

3 minutes ago, madriver said:

These were two of the most boring conference championship games I've ever seen. Hopefully the SB is more interesting.

The music acts look very good though.

I'm rooting for a wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance 

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I think that had more to do with KC deciding Henry wouldn’t be the one to beat them. Henry had early success, but then KC seemed to focus more on him and dared Tannehill to beat them. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting Garoppolo is a world beater, but I think he’s capable of getting the ball to guys like Kittle, Sanders and Deboo if need be, in addition to Mostert and Coleman doing their thing on the ground. 

The chiefs secondary is a very solid core. They have been relying on them to play 1v1 receivers and allow the LB/DL to focus on the run game. This game wasn’t some anomaly where they left their DBs on an island begging tannehill to beat them while focusing on Henry.

28 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I'm rooting for a wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance 

I could get behind that. 

14 hours ago, InfiniteUnknown said:

This is the best matchup possible besides the Ravens vs 49ers. Go 49ers! Sorry Andy...you were a good coach here but you should have at won at least two SBs. I really do appreciate everything he did here, but I hope he chokes again as he always did here.

Meh the ravens had no shot in making the SB anyway. Their style in the NFL does not win in the playoffs. Exciting at times but the has no place being in the SB and their loss to the Titans proves that. This is the best matchup the nfl has had in years. Leagues best O vs leagues best D. That is what the NFL should look for. Will be the first non-eagles SB I’ve watched since the broncos won their SB, can say I wouldn’t watch it if it was the Ravens v 49ers though as the niners would blow them out of the water. 

either way I guess haters going to hate on the Eagles winningest coach.  Glad for AR and hope he wins

9 minutes ago, lorddevn said:

The chiefs secondary is a very solid core. They have been relying on them to play 1v1 receivers and allow the LB/DL to focus on the run game. This game wasn’t some anomaly where they left their DBs on an island begging tannehill to beat them while focusing on Henry.

That’s not much different from what I was getting at. Maybe I didn’t word it well. KC is more susceptible to getting beat on the ground, and Henry was having early success. KC then committed to stopping him. 

7 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That’s not much different from what I was getting at. Maybe I didn’t word it well. KC is more susceptible to getting beat on the ground, and Henry was having early success. KC then committed to stopping him. 

Agreed with that. I could have read it wrong too. 

I wanna see the Chiefs intercept Jimmy G at the goal line to ice the game so I can watch Richard Sherman cry again 

2 hours ago, cowboy30 said:

It sickens me that the 49ers can be irrelevant for so long and then get a Super Bowl appearance with Kap and Harbaugh. Then they’re irrelevant for years again, and they are now right back in it after one solid year. Can’t stand the people who I know that are fans of this team. Cocky.

Chiefs have been at it for years now. They deserve this one. Hopefully this 49ers team ends up like the Harbaugh one. I want to see something from Jimmy G. if they win. Go Chiefs!!

That niners d a few years back was stacked and dominate.  Then they lost everyone.  Now, just a few years later they are back on top and built to last.  Sucks.  I hate them

4 hours ago, toolg said:

I hear the 49ers want to wear their all-white throwbacks. 

By "throwbacks" do you mean the 90s/00s uniforms with the black shadowed numbers?

Disappointing if so

Finally another AFC team besides NE is representing the AFC!  I would like to see Andy win one but could live with the NFC winning it!  

9 hours ago, donovanseagle said:

I like the Chiefs in this one. I dont think Jimmy can out duel Patrick. Titans run game was shut down.  Chiefs wanted Ryan to beat them in the air and he could not.  Chiefs will stop the run. 

I'm not so sure that the Niners QB will be able to go toe to toe with Mahomes in a shootout. But than again, no one thought Foles could go toe to toe with Brady either. I just hope that Andy's Chiefs comes out on top.

3 hours ago, lorddevn said:

Meh the ravens had no shot in making the SB anyway. Their style in the NFL does not win in the playoffs. Exciting at times but the has no place being in the SB and their loss to the Titans proves that. This is the best matchup the nfl has had in years. Leagues best O vs leagues best D. That is what the NFL should look for. Will be the first non-eagles SB I’ve watched since the broncos won their SB, can say I wouldn’t watch it if it was the Ravens v 49ers though as the niners would blow them out of the water. 

either way I guess haters going to hate on the Eagles winningest coach.  Glad for AR and hope he wins

The Ravens clearly had a shot, they beat the 49ers in the regular season, and you don't watch most SBs....ok, nice chatting football with you.

I don't hate Reid. The Reid era was a damn good time to be an Eagles fan for the most part. 

17 hours ago, InfiniteUnknown said:

More like Andy should for choking away multiple SB talent...

I don't recall Andy being the QB or any other player during those games.

54 minutes ago, back2nj said:

I don't recall Andy being the QB or any other player during those games.

That's more on Reid than McNabb or anyone else IMO. He didn't surround McNabb with enough talent the first few years while letting him play to his strengths. Then he forced him into the pocket and gave him with more weapons, but he wasn't a true pocket passer.

No feel yet on this game. I will definitely be watching though, unlike last years snooze fest, where I may have watched about a quarter and a half before turning it off.