AlpineEagle

SUPER BOWL LIV: 49ers vs. Chiefs

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

By "throwbacks" do you mean the 90s/00s uniforms with the black shadowed numbers?

Disappointing if so

49ers wore all-white vs. Seahawks Week 17. It's supposed to look like the 1994 uniform.

For the Super Bowl, they're wearing the traditional road uniforms: white top, gold pants, like OP post. Chiefs will wear their home, red-on-white, uniforms.

image.png

4 hours ago, mike030270 said:

I think 49ers defense wins this. Mainly that Dline

That's my concern. My heart says KC, my head says 49ers. I hope my head is wrong in this one.

1 minute ago, eglz1 said:

That's my concern. My heart says KC, my head says 49ers. I hope my head is wrong in this one.

I think the 49ers will win. I don't think the Chiefs defense is good enough to stop the 49ers running game and they will easily win the TOP and eat up a lot of clock and with it. The 49ers defense is also good enough to slow up the Chiefs offense just enough.

6 hours ago, InfiniteUnknown said:

The Ravens clearly had a shot, they beat the 49ers in the regular season, and you don't watch most SBs....ok, nice chatting football with you.

I don't hate Reid. The Reid era was a damn good time to be an Eagles fan for the most part. 

You missed the ravens/titans game. You should watch it, it blatantly shows why a team like the ravens will never be competitive for a SB. 

you watch an overhyped football game that often ends up boring. Good for you 

It's interesting that the Super Bowl, in the NFL's 100th season, features a team that made the Super Bowl in the league's 50th season, and a team that made the Super Bowl in the league's 75th season.

20 minutes ago, lorddevn said:

You missed the ravens/titans game. You should watch it, it blatantly shows why a team like the ravens will never be competitive for a SB. 

you watch an overhyped football game that often ends up boring. Good for you 

I didn't miss a thing. I actually watch football. Troll elsewhere.

7 hours ago, InfiniteUnknown said:

I didn't miss a thing. I actually watch football. Troll elsewhere.

Not trolling pointing out the obvious.

There is one consideration that no one has mentioned. Andy has two weeks to get ready. Andy has had a pretty good record when having two weeks to prepare. I doubt Mahomes will be hung over.

To me it comes down to Mahomes.  Look at the quarterbacks who have won Super Bowls in the last 20 years.  It's largely a list of greatness: tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, etc.  Great quarterbacks drive Super Bowl victories.  Mahomes seems to be the next great quarterback, and this is when he becomes one of the 20s' greats.

11 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

To me it comes down to Mahomes.  Look at the quarterbacks who have won Super Bowls in the last 20 years.  It's largely a list of greatness: Foles,  etc.  Great quarterbacks drive Super Bowl victories.  Mahomes seems to be the next great quarterback, and this is when he becomes one of the 20s' greats.

fyp

On 1/27/2020 at 7:54 AM, eglz1 said:

There is one consideration that no one has mentioned. Andy has two weeks to get ready. Andy has had a pretty good record when having two weeks to prepare. I doubt Mahomes will be hung over.

Speaking of which, I just saw this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/reid-brought-mcnabb-in-to-address-chiefs-before-super-bowl/ar-BBZv4tl?ocid=spartanntp

Reid brings McNabb in to talk to the Chiefs ?? What ? On how to blow the game ?  Jesus, what a dope !     :facepalm:

10 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Speaking of which, I just saw this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/reid-brought-mcnabb-in-to-address-chiefs-before-super-bowl/ar-BBZv4tl?ocid=spartanntp

Reid brings McNabb in to talk to the Chiefs ?? What ? On how to blow the game ?  Jesus, what a dope !     :facepalm:

If Donovan is honest with himself, he should have some insight into what NOT to do.

Merry Super Bowl Sunday to all. 

Hopefully the Birds are playing on or very near this date a few more times in the coming years. 

The 49'ers have the better OLine and the better DLine.  It is very rare for a SB team to lose when they have those advantages.  But there's a Vince Young feeling around Mahomes, like he is magical and this is his moment.

We're roughly 4 hours away from the game starting. As of right now, 2 years later, this is still the last touchdown pass/catch in a Super Bowl:

ertzzz_0.gif.d3f56fac25fc091e315306fd5702ccf6.gif

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

We're roughly 4 hours away from the game starting. As of right now, 2 years later, this is still the last touchdown pass/catch in a Super Bowl!

Nick BD Foles!

Maybe any and all TDs today will be rushing or defensive TDs...:whistle:

On 1/27/2020 at 11:07 PM, xzmattzx said:

To me it comes down to Mahomes.  Look at the quarterbacks who have won Super Bowls in the last 20 years.  It's largely a list of greatness: tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, etc.  Great quarterbacks drive Super Bowl victories.  Mahomes seems to be the next great quarterback, and this is when he becomes one of the 20s' greats.

Nick Foles.

8 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

The 49'ers have the better OLine and the better DLine.  It is very rare for a SB team to lose when they have those advantages.  But there's a Vince Young feeling around Mahomes, like he is magical and this is his moment.

I think the lines will be the determining factor. I want KC to win, but I think it will be 31-20 49ers.  KC has the star power, but the 49ers have the better OL and DL and capable players on offense.

12 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Did Reid waste a time out yet?

Yes, he lost it on a wasted challenge.

13 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yes, he lost it on a wasted challenge.

Did he have a delay of game as well?