AlpineEagle

SUPER BOWL LIV: 49ers vs. Chiefs

Just now, downundermike said:

Did I miss the part when Andy thanked the Eagles and their fans ??

If he didn't... let's lynch him. 

15 minutes ago, RepPhilly said:

There's a good chance he can win more SB's.

Hard to tell.  The league is pretty much wide open now.  Especially if the Patriots are finally fading.  Teams come out of nowhere. 

I wonder why they didn't do the normal presentation of the trophy. I'd really be disappointed (in missing that one aspect). Forcing Green to bring us our trophy was just priceless!

DVPePywWAAEwIQI.jpg.244e44c92b6f685070a60de53ba58b11.jpgGreen.JPG.60822addae763ddc7b81bc35808ff2df.JPG

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

During the Trophy ceremony? This moment is for the Chiefs. It would have been inappropriate for him to say anything about the Eagles.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

During the Trophy ceremony? This moment is for the Chiefs.

Exactly

The Eagles have 3 coaches in our team history that have won the Lombardi, now.

D Vermeil, Doug Pederson and now Andy Reid... who just won Kansas City's very first Lombardi Trophy.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Eagles have 3 coaches in our team history that have won the Lombardi, now.

D Vermeil, Doug Pederson and now Andy Reid... who just won Kansas City's very first Lombardi Trophy.

It is their second Super Bowl, regardless of what the trophy was called.

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Trouble is with the flash is season 4 onwards they move away from having a speedster as the main villain. 

Totally off the topic, but I've really enjoyed watching 'The Repair Shop'. The first 2 seasons on Netflix, 2 seasons that I downloaded and now the 5th season by using my VPN to make it look like I'm in London so that I can watch it on the BBC's website.

I wish I had some broken antique to get fixed. I'd apply to be on the show... lol

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is their second Super Bowl, regardless of what the trophy was called.

That trophy was pre-merge though, so it's not even the same on the face, not just the name of the trophy.

That doesn't detract from the accomplishment, but there is a difference between that one and this one (technically). They weren't even in the NFL when they won that one.

10-Kansas-City-Arrowhead-Lombardi-Trophy.thumb.jpg.78973b23d1b3dc85b3da2894995c40af.jpg

Shameful how some these fans on here were already comparing Mahomes to Mcnabb simply when things weren't going right.

21 minutes ago, KOJO said:

Sorry to say but he's probably got a better chance of getting another before we do.

We'll see.  Took him 22 years to win 1.  Took Doug 2 years.

4 minutes ago, DakZekeDez said:

Shameful how some these fans on here were already comparing Mahomes to Mcnabb simply when things weren't going right.

No big deal. The Eagles weren't playing, so we have to amuse ourselves somehow... lol

As an overall SB experience that one was pretty darn great.  Great halftime show and football game was everything a purist could ask for.

27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You must have being a new fan he did it when he and the team mutually parted ways. For someone who doesn’t care you’re sure doing a lot of crying here. 

6 minutes ago, DakZekeDez said:

Mahomes didnt exactly play at an MVP level.

He underthrew guys deep that were wide open, threw behind and high on passes.  Mahomes is really good dont get me wrong.  But they got some really good weapons on KC.

I thought Damian William's should have won it.

Just saw Andy on NFLN, essentially thank Philly and Eagles fans as well as Lurie, who was there at the game.

I don't know who should have gotten MVP, but I just didn't see enough from Mahomes to think that he earned it.

Congratulations to Andy Reid! I am truly happy for the guy. He is so deserving of this. i appreciate everything he did for the Eagles and I'm so thrilled to see him finally get one. 

31 minutes ago, DakZekeDez said:

Shameful?  He played like a chump for 50 minutes.  

Dion Sanders is a complete idiot. Wants to tout Lamar Jackson on the night that Mahomes just won Super Bowl MVP. :nonono: 

Damien Williams should have been mvp. That guy came to play and carried the team. He made plays when they needed made

The 49ers won't be back in the Super Bowl in 12 months. This was their big shot and they blew it with about 10 minutes left in the game.