AlpineEagle

SUPER BOWL LIV: 49ers vs. Chiefs

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The 49ers won't be back in the Super Bowl in 12 months. This was their big shot and they blew it with about 10 minutes left in the game.

You may be right, but that's a bold statement. They have strong leadership and a young team. If they can keep the core together and don't lose coaches, they'll be competitive for several years.

5 minutes ago, The_Talon said:

You may be right, but that's a bold statement.

I'm a bold man who makes bold statements. You don't get to be the EMB God by being any less... :showoff:

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't know who should have gotten MVP, but I just didn't see enough from Mahomes to think that he earned it.

come back wasn't enough for you eh. we have seen many crumble on that stage in that situation. passed for two tds ran one in on his own. was clutch in the fourth quarter when it matters.

2 minutes ago, judunno said:

come back wasn't enough for you eh. we have seen many crumble on that stage in that situation. passed for two tds ran one in on his own. was clutch in the fourth quarter when it matters.

There were others who did more. He plays the 'glory' position though, so he got it.

2 hours ago, lorddevn said:

Damien Williams should have been mvp. That guy came to play and carried the team. He made plays when they needed made

he was solid. garbage time TD inflated his stats though. you gotta give it to the clutch QB on this one.

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

There were others who did more. He plays the 'glory' position though, so he got it.

They dont win that game without him. it's like people on here forgot what defense he was playing against.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah they do.

With what QB against that beast of a 49er defense? You're bugging go to bed.

Just now, judunno said:

With what QB against that beast of a 49er defense? You're bugging go to bed.

They didn't need one. They win with 10 players. Easy.

I think the most impressive part of this win is the fact that they survived Donovan giving them a pre-game pep talk.

:ph34r:

13 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

I think the most impressive part of this win is the fact that they survived Donovan giving them a pre-game pep talk.

It's impressive but they probably just did the opposite of what he said. 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Good point.

3 hours ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Maybe Donovan finally got rid of his playoff demons.  Just wish he had done so while he was still playing.

I think it was pretty classy honestly to still be there pulling for and supporting Andy though,  even though you know it has to kill him he didn't get a ring of his own.   He would be in the hall of fame if he had.  And Andy clearly still has a soft spot for him too,  which he should. And for the Eagles too. I'd wager Andy is happy the Eagles won that one too.

Can honestly say this is the second happiest I've ever been about a Super Bowl result.  Super Bowl 52 is of course no 1.   Great days though both of them.  For both the Eagles and the Chiefs. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

:roll: he probably left and Andy said " ok so that's how I lost last time, let's do xyz this time" 

7 hours ago, The_Talon said:

You may be right, but that's a bold statement. They have strong leadership and a young team. If they can keep the core together and don't lose coaches, they'll be competitive for several years.

I think we get their TE/assistan HC to be our OC. 

38 minutes ago, Injured_Reserve said:

Anyone notice his offense actually hurried up when the time came to hurry up?

Something Reid and Doug couldn’t/can’t do here

On 1/19/2020 at 11:31 PM, InfiniteUnknown said:

More like Andy should for choking away multiple SB talent...

Andy wasn't out on the field in the games. Maybe Our QB could/should have stayed sober during those critical games don't you think ? We might have had a better chance of winning those times. Andy gave us some really good seasons while here. I was rooting for him and will always root for Andy's teams (except) when they play against the Eagles.

6 hours ago, judunno said:

he was solid. garbage time TD inflated his stats though. you gotta give it to the clutch QB on this one.

He was directly responsible for 3 of their 4 TDs. Sure mahomes gets credit for 2 because of the pass and he finished off a run, but Williams put them in position to score and turned a 2nd and long on a ply where they should have gained maybe 1 or 2 into a first down. Williams was clutch all game from start to finish not just 1 quarter. 

7 hours ago, judunno said:

They dont win that game without him. it's like people on here forgot what defense he was playing against.

He was off target much off the game.  Even that deep pass was under thrown or it’s a td.  

but he came on strong when they got down by 10.   And like you said, that defense is very very good.   He had a ton of pressure on him all game long and fought through it.  

2 hours ago, Injured_Reserve said:

Anyone notice his offense actually hurried up when the time came to hurry up?

They should have went into hurry up one series prior to when they did.   

sf’s d was gassed and they used the whole play clock and took a sack.  Then used the play clock up again and turned the ball over.  

They let sf off the hook i thought.   

But kc’s d got a 3 and out, and thats when they went to the hurry up and never looked back.  

Better late than never i guess 

Losing the SB has a well documented effect on the Qb in particular.  Just in the last couple years we've seen Kaepernick, Matt Ryan & Goff really struggle to get off the mat.  Well this was a very troubling performance from Jimmy G, the loss is pretty squarely on his shaky performance under pressure.  Dude gets paid a lot of dough and this game pretty much pegged him as a replacement level guy whose HC has little to no confidence in.

Anything happens to that DLine and the niners will be in for some major regression next year.

7 hours ago, heavywchamp said:

Well no crap. Shanahan lead the choke job

Again.....