AlpineEagle

SUPER BOWL LIV: 49ers vs. Chiefs

While it wasn't on the same scale, Shanahan made the same mistakes last night that cost the Falcons in SB51. He gets way too conservative at times, almost to the point of insanity.  He totally bungled the end of the first half and then played scared when the 9ers had the 10 point lead in the second half. Terrible performance by Shanny and I'm guessing Falcons fans were having PTSD flashbacks.

11 hours ago, MIRV Griffen said:

I think the most impressive part of this win is the fact that they survived Donovan giving them a pre-game pep talk.

:ph34r:

I go in the other direction on this one.

I hope this win and Donovan's interaction with them makes him feel better about himself.

Maybe he can find some peace and leave current Eagles alone.

This loss was tough to take. I hate having a game pretty much won and then losing it. This is worse than SB 47, because in that game the Niners came back and fell just short. Luckily, they lost to KC (and not NE). It was great to have a SB that didn't include the Pats.

When the score was 20-10, I had a feeling something would change. I thought back to Seattle vs NE, when Seattle led 24-14 in the 4th. It figures that Richard Sherman was involved in both games.

One thing that I think gets overlooked by a lot of people is that KC's defensive line came up big when they had to. Sure, they allowed 6 yards per carry, but in overall play, I think they won the line of scrimmage most of the time, and totally did so in the 4th quarter.

8 hours ago, rocketman44 said:

This loss was tough to take. I hate having a game pretty much won and then losing it. This is worse than SB 47, because in that game the Niners came back and fell just short. Luckily, they lost to KC (and not NE). It was great to have a SB that didn't include the Pats.

When the score was 20-10, I had a feeling something would change. I thought back to Seattle vs NE, when Seattle led 24-14 in the 4th. It figures that Richard Sherman was involved in both games.

One thing that I think gets overlooked by a lot of people is that KC's defensive line came up big when they had to. Sure, they allowed 6 yards per carry, but in overall play, I think they won the line of scrimmage most of the time, and totally did so in the 4th quarter.

Shanahan nutted up like did in ATL as OC in that epic SB choke 

On 2/6/2020 at 11:14 PM, heavywchamp said:

Shanahan nutted up like did in ATL as OC in that epic SB choke 

Not calling a TO with a full 2 minutes and all 3 remaining at end of half is quite possibly the most cowardly move in SB history.  Any other mistake he did (not going for it on 4th & 2) is forgiveable but that is the kind of decision that is very hard to come back from.