Sign in to follow this  
Br3

Thank you Eli

As an eagles fan I am sad to see you retire. I feel like we watched you grow your entire career. We watched you come up short every year you played Mcnabb, Vick, Foles, & the last time you beat Wentz the guy was a rookie. Wentz only needed one game to adjust and learn how to sweep the giants every year. We could always count on you for 2 easy wins per season. Every April when the schedule comes out, it has been Eagles fan tradition to pencil both giants games as W’s for the past 12+ seasons, & now we may actually have to put some thought into it. Your most losses, interceptions and sacks came against the eagles, you lost 20 of your last 24 games against Philly, but you always handled these relentless beatings with class. All in all you had a solid career, very durable, and finished with 2 SB rings, both against the cheats. We will also always respect you for handing the cockroaches their first L in their new Dallas stadium. We will miss those 2 easy Ws and who knows, maybe we see this face again in the commentator booth on Sundays as the Giants are getting blown out or shut out, you know, like always. 

E2DA7DB6-604D-4F16-8901-E7A2A7EC1CDF.gif

People can say what they want but he made the rivalry with the Giants fun. 

And honestly, the Skins and Gals have been lackluster in this entire century. I barely consider them a true "rivalry"

19 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

If he makes the hall it's a joke 

Oh, he will.        It's pretty much a lock.

And it will be a f***king joke.

35 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Image result for eli manning eagles hit gif

Image result for eli manning eagles hit gif

wasn't that top pic from the first time he played us

He may have been a member of a rival, but he has always carried himself with class.  Great career.  Some great memories playing against him.  Best wishes in retirement.  

54 minutes ago, mjkvol said:

Well, Joe Namath is in and he mostly sucked.

20 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

Well, Joe Namath is in and he mostly sucked.

I only really remember watching him at the tail end of his career. But looking at just the stats, I used to say that he didn't belong in the Hall of Fame. But I came to realize that the league was different in the 60's and 70's and since I really didn't watch his career, I just stopped making that argument.

I just did a quick comparison to some other HOF QB's from his era.

Namath.thumb.JPG.fb1b4c281752cbc019ea83d174b8d456.JPG

1 hour ago, vaeagle1 said:

wasn't that top pic from the first time he played us

Yep. The one and only play Jerome Mcdougal made for the eagles. Lol..

2 hours ago, mjkvol said:

He is a .500 QB.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I only really remember watching him at the tail end of his career. But looking at just the stats, I used to say that he didn't belong in the Hall of Fame. But I came to realize that the league was different in the 60's and 70's and since I really didn't watch his career, I just stopped making that argument.

I just did a quick comparison to some other HOF QB's from his era.

Namath.thumb.JPG.fb1b4c281752cbc019ea83d174b8d456.JPG

Joe Namath got in the HoF primarily because of Super Bowl III.  

Much respect to a class act and a warrior. When he was on his game, he was unstoppable. Plus, the streak. The last time the Eagles has someone with that longevity and durability was probably Jaworski.

Critics can and have pointed out his regular season record and the fact that he was only a .500 quarterback. While that is true, he came up big when he had to, going 8-4 in the playoffs (two of those losses to the Eagles, btw) and 2-0 in the Super Bowl.

Lost a lot vs the Eagles but overall had a good career and won 2 rings while denying Tom Brady and the Patriots.  I can salute Eli on those grounds.  

57 minutes ago, Uscg-Green said:

He is a .500 QB.

He was nothing more than a decent QB.          He compiled numbers because of his most impressive attribute, which was staying healthy.         His career QB rating is around a mediocre 83, and his TD/INT ratio is an abysmal 1.5/1.        His record, as you said, was .500, and his teams made the playoffs only 6 times in 16 seasons.       Four of those were one and dones.          The other two  were SB championships fueled primarily by a great defensive front 7.         But his name is Manning, he was given both MVP's, and he will be a Hall of Famer, ridiculous as it is.

23 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

Critics can and have pointed out his regular season record and the fact that he was only a .500 quarterback. While that is true, he came up big when he had to, going 8-4 in the playoffs (two of those losses to the Eagles, btw) and 2-0 in the Super Bowl.

The 8 playoff wins came in two runs.        His teams made the playoffs only four more times in 16 seasons, and were 0-4 in those.          He's a .500 QB with a miserable QB rating and TD/INT ratio.         He "came up big when he had to"?           I guess that means that aside from those two playoff runs, there weren't any more times that "he had to" come up big?         But I suppose that's just being a "critic".