Sign in to follow this  
Sack that QB

Your top 3 worst Super Bowls since 2000

Since 2000, what are your top 3 worst Super Bowls?

1. Colts vs Bears SB41 - a rainy sloppy game without a whole lot of action and not really a close game all the way through. Nothing memorable about it at all other than Hester returning the opening kickoff for a TD.

2. Seahawks vs Broncos SB48 - just an utter blowout from beginning to end. Nothing redeemable about it at all.

3. Patriots vs Rams SB53 - one of the worst games ever, but at least it was close for 90% of the game, which is why it isn't #1.

I was going to put SB35 in there(Ravens/Giants) but at least we got to see the Giants get crushed.

I was also going to put SB39 in there, but really I'm talking generally, not with Eagles fan colored glasses and talking about the actual quality of the games themselves.

14 minutes ago, Captain F said:

42 was awful.  

As an Eagles fan who hates the Giants, yes. But at the same time, I didn't want the Patriots to go 18-0.

As for my 3 worst:

XXXIX is the single worst. I'm sorry, but I can't exclude that one.

I could go with XLVIII, as one of the three. I hate the Seahawks, so didn't want to see them win it.

I could also go with LIII. Just a sorry excuse of a game.

I could probably add one more, to account for non-Eagles Super Bowls, but I'd have to think about it a bit more.

53 takes the cake for sure. Just a boring game. No excitement, no flow.

48 is up there due to it being so one sided, and I didn't want the Hawks to win.

50 wasn't that great either, even though I wanted Denver to win over Carolina. The Panthers were terrible, and Peyton wasn't very good in that game either. Just a "meh" type game.

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Any 3 of the many that the Patriots cheated to win with SB 39 on top.

They won 6, so they likely cheated in all 6. Thank God Doug was smart enough to do the fake walkthrough.

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

53 takes the cake for sure. Just a boring game. No excitement, no flow.

48 is up there due to it being so one sided, and I didn't want the Hawks to win.

50 wasn't that great either, even though I wanted Denver to win over Carolina. The Panthers were terrible, and Peyton wasn't very good in that game either. Just a "meh" type game.

SB50 was such an odd game. The Panthers played their worst game of the year. Lots of horrible errors. That game was there for the taking, Denver wasn't all that special in that game either. The thing that was cool about it though was I think starting the game when it's light out is a cool little thing that we don't get often. You really only get that in California SBs, so we usually only get that like once a decade or so.

4 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

SB50 was such an odd game. The Panthers played their worst game of the year. Lots of horrible errors. That game was there for the taking, Denver wasn't all that special in that game either. The thing that was cool about it though was I think starting the game when it's light out is a cool little thing that we don't get often. You really only get that in California SBs, so we usually only get that like once a decade or so.

Yeah. Same game Cam made his most famous ‘’business decision’’ not to attempt to recover a fumble. 

13 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Yup! Like the Rose Bowl games every year.

Refreshing to see a Super Bowl played outside, on grass, the game starts when there is daylight, and ends with stars in the sky. NFL football at it's finest.

I don't have the energy to list my 3 worst SBs since 2000. LOL

23 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Since 2000, what are your top 3 worst Super Bowls?

1. Colts vs Bears SB41 - a rainy sloppy game without a whole lot of action and not really a close game all the way through. Nothing memorable about it at all other than Hester returning the opening kickoff for a TD.

2. Seahawks vs Broncos SB48 - just an utter blowout from beginning to end. Nothing redeemable about it at all.

3. Patriots vs Rams SB53 - one of the worst games ever, but at least it was close for 90% of the game, which is why it isn't #1.

I was going to put SB35 in there(Ravens/Giants) but at least we got to see the Giants get crushed.

I was also going to put SB39 in there, but really I'm talking generally, not with Eagles fan colored glasses and talking about the actual quality of the games themselves.

Yeah, while SB39 was tough to watch, the final score was only 24-21. I wouldn't objectively put it in the same category as the other ones you listed, but your list pretty much covers it.

18 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Yup! Like the Rose Bowl games every year.

Refreshing to see a Super Bowl played outside, on grass, the game starts when there is daylight, and ends with stars in the sky. NFL football at it's finest.

I don't have the energy to list my 3 worst SBs since 2000. LOL

They should have the sb at the rose bowl every year imo beautiful sunsets

I'd put the Bucs-Raiders in there, especially when you consider that we lost to the Bucs in the NFCCG.

Both the Patriots-Giants ones were horrible for me. I hate both with a passion and that knowing one had to win made me sick.

Super Bowl 40 (Pittsburgh/Seattle) was a sloppy, horribly played and officiated game.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 8:37 AM, vsptroops said:

Super Bowl 24 was pretty bad. Niners 55- Broncos 10. 

My roommate in the barracks at the time of that Super Bowl was from Denver and was a huge Broncos fan, so whenever I think of that Super Bowl, I think of him.

Super Bowl 37 sucked - The Bucs stunned the Eagles in the NFCCG to close the Vet, then crushed the Raiders in the Super Bowl. I was bitter after the Eagles loss. I felt like that was one got away.

Both of the Steelers wins since 2000 have controversy.

Last year Super Bowl 53 was boring.

Image result for super bowl 53 meme

On 1/24/2020 at 10:15 PM, PoconoDon said:

Any 3 of the many that the Patriots cheated to win with SB 39 on top.

Are you including XXXVIII when the Panthers cheated the Cowboys, Rams, Eagles and Patriots by being hopped up on a crazy amount of roids, all of which was proven in court?

Or did you mean LI when they suspended Brady 4 games and took away a 1st round pick because they were too stupid to understand the laws of physics and accused Brady of witchcraft?

Did you mean when they beat team Adderall and Captain broken vial - tainted sample in XLIX?

Or did you mean pretend walkthrough taping from an alternate reality? (Marshall Faulk is the king of that particular tin foil hat society.)

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/espn-apologizes-patriots-middle-night-report-article-1.2331883

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/boston-herald-spygate-story-false-apologizes-article-1.327372

bostonheraldcovermay14.jpg?w=712

Read it. Learn it. Remember it. Stop being a pathetic loser. We won in 2017.

McNabb sucked. Brady did not.

Johnson shanked a punt, LJ fumbled, Pinkston cramped up, McNabb got the vapors in the 4th quarter, and they still only lost by 3. End of story.

32 minutes ago, skippyx said:

Are you including XXXVIII when the Panthers cheated the Cowboys, Rams, Eagles and Patriots by being hopped up on a crazy amount of roids, all of which was proven in court?

Or did you mean LI when they suspended Brady 4 games and took away a 1st round pick because they were too stupid to understand the laws of physics and accused Brady of witchcraft?

Did you mean when they beat team Adderall and Captain broken vial - tainted sample in XLIX?

Or did you mean pretend walkthrough taping from an alternate reality? (Marshall Faulk is the king of that particular tin foil hat society.)

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/espn-apologizes-patriots-middle-night-report-article-1.2331883

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/boston-herald-spygate-story-false-apologizes-article-1.327372

bostonheraldcovermay14.jpg?w=712

Read it. Learn it. Remember it. Stop being a pathetic loser. We won in 2017.

McNabb sucked. Brady did not.

Johnson shanked a punt, LJ fumbled, Pinkston cramped up, McNabb got the vapors in the 4th quarter, and they still only lost by 3. End of story.

Whatever you say skippy. 🤣

6 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Whatever you say skippy. 🤣

I’ve never seen a bigger Patriots apologist who isn’t actually admittedly a Patriot fan.