Sign in to follow this  
DADDY B

Draft Talent Evaluators

What is the problem in our draft scouting department? D.K. Metcalf and Josh Jacobs were both available when we drafted and we passed on both of them and both had big success in 2019. More success than Sanders and Arcega-Whiteside. While I am pleased with Sanders, Jacobs still had a bigger year. And if you look back at prior drafts, you'll see that we drafted busts ahead of studs every year. I get so aggravated every year watching them take guys in the 1st and 2nd rounds with 3rd-5th round ratings when much higher rated players are available and have breakout years for other teams. They talk so big about how great these busts are and their unseen talents, and they end up cut before the regular season. Someone else needs to be in charge of evaluating Draft talent!

3 minutes ago, DADDY B said:

What is the problem in our draft scouting department? D.K. Metcalf and Josh JacobsĀ were both available

Correct on Metcalf, but Dillard was a better pick than Jacobs at 21, and Sanders was better value in Rd 2 than Jacobs at 21.

4 hours ago, DADDY B said:

While I am pleased with Sanders, Jacobs still had a bigger year.

Jacobs had more rushing yards, but he was also a bell cow for them from day 1; Sanders lapped him in receiving yards. He also would have cost a 1st round pick. You don't spend 1st round picks on RBs.

While I agree with your point that talent evaluation here needs to be exponentially better, this was the wrong example to try to make that argument with.