Sign in to follow this  
AlpineEagle

Winless Super Bowl Teams Likely to Win their First Super Bowl Next in the Future

Winless Super Bowl Teams  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who have a Shot to Win their First Super Bowl in the Future

• Arizona Cardinals
    • Atlanta Falcons
    • Buffalo Bills
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Detroit Lions
    • Houston Texans
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Los Angeles Chargers
    • Minnesota Vikings
    • Tennessee Titans

Winless Super Bowl Teams All Time

Buffalo Bills (0-4)

Minnesota Vikings (0-4)

Atlanta Falcons (0-2)

Carolina Panthers (0-2)

Cincinnati Bengals (0-2)

Arizona Cardinals (0-1)

Los Angeles Chargers (0-1) - Played in Super Bowl as a San Diego Chargers

Tennessee Titans (0-1)

Cleveland Browns (0-0)

Detroit Lions (0-0)

Houston Texans (0-0)

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-0)

How could they have never won a Super Bowl?? That's just unthinkable!

:whistle: 

all of these teams at some point are likely to win one, but how far in the future do you mean? In the next ten years? Probably none of them.

Don’t think any of these win in the next 5 years or so. I’m just happy the Eagles are no longer on these lists. 

Out of curiosity, I looked up the Lions playoff history to see if they've even been close to getting to the Superbowl.  In the last 60 years, they only have 1 playoff win... 1.  That's pretty sad. 

Even Cleveland has 6 playoff wins in the Superbowl era.  But on the other hand, they haven't even had a playoff appearance in 18 years.  Anyone remember preseason when the Brown's were a trendy Superbowl pick this year...

3 hours ago, Cuse_to_Eagle said:

Out of curiosity, I looked up the Lions playoff history to see if they've even been close to getting to the Superbowl.  In the last 60 years, they only have 1 playoff win... 1.  That's pretty sad. 

Even Cleveland has 6 playoff wins in the Superbowl era.  But on the other hand, they haven't even had a playoff appearance in 18 years.  Anyone remember preseason when the Brown's were a trendy Superbowl pick this year...

Thats nuts.  Megtron and barry sanders careers wasted.  

3 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Thats nuts.  Megtron and barry sanders careers wasted.  

Not just wasted- they drove those players out of the NFL. Not worth it to play for the Lions

It's got to be between Houston and Buffalo.

If Josh Allen can get better as a passer and they get him a good WR maybe the Bills could make a run.

Coaching and quarterbacks generally win in the NFL.  Look at the Super Bowl yesterday: Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes vs. Kyle Shanahan and Jimmy Garappolo.  Was there any doubt who had the advantage there?  Then look at quarterbacks who have won in the last 20 years: Brady x6, Peyton Manning x2, Brees, Wilson, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, and Eli Manning x2.  Nick Foles (who lead an offense for Wentz), Joe Flacco, and Brad Johnson are the exception to the norm.

To me, then, the question is, which of those teams listed will find a generational quarterback like Mahomes is right now, and will have a coach in place that can lead a great team?

The Bills have a good, young roster that won 10 games, $90M in cap space and extra picks. They’re on the cusp of dethroning the Pats. 

I voted Tennessee, mostly because of their run this year, which was impressive. Vrabel seems like a good coach. I have doubts about their QB situation, whether Tannehill can get them over the top, though with that running game, he might not have to be great, just decent.

Buffalo might be close, though again, I'm not sure Josh Allen is the guy to get them to the top, but otherwise they've put together a nice team.

Atlanta has been there with that coach and QB, always a plus, if they can play some defense. They did surge in the second half of the season, so showed some promise.

With a new coach, the Texans might, but I have little faith in O'Brien, as they often seem as though they're not prepared properly.

On 2/3/2020 at 3:20 AM, heavywchamp said:

Texans won't win as long as O'Brian is there

On 2/7/2020 at 1:06 PM, rocketman44 said:

I voted Tennessee, mostly because of their run this year, which was impressive. Vrabel seems like a good coach. I have doubts about their QB situation, whether Tannehill can get them over the top, though with that running game, he might not have to be great, just decent.

Buffalo might be close, though again, I'm not sure Josh Allen is the guy to get them to the top, but otherwise they've put together a nice team.

Atlanta has been there with that coach and QB, always a plus, if they can play some defense. They did surge in the second half of the season, so showed some promise.

With a new coach, the Texans might, but I have little faith in O'Brien, as they often seem as though they're not prepared properly.

If I'm D. Watson, I won't sign a new contract until O'Brien is gone.

On 2/4/2020 at 1:47 AM, BKLYNYG said:

The Bills have a good, young roster that won 10 games, $90M in cap space and extra picks. They’re on the cusp of dethroning the Pats. 

Yep, my $ is on the Bills. They are just a few pieces away on offense...

On 2/4/2020 at 5:47 AM, BKLYNYG said:

Bills kinda feel so close but so far away.  Josh Allen is one of the biggest neanderthals to ever play Qb in the NFL.  It is very hard for me to envision him going a full playoff slate without doing something epically bonehead in a big moment.

Gotta go Buffalo myself. Allen showed a lot better in yr2 then his rookie season. HJe gave the bills a 16-0 lead on the road in the playoffs. One bad call IMO to start the 2nd half could have put a nail in the coffin of the Texans, but it went the other way and Houston used as the start of the comeback.

Buffalo is on the cusp. a free-agent signing here and there, a solid draft, continued development of Allen I could see the Bills possibally playing in February in the next few seasons