Sign in to follow this  
IFB DOG

Mahomes Kneel Downs (-FIFTEEN) costs bettors

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/28624524/patrick-mahomes-last-minute-kneel-downs-cost-many-bettors

I would love to see the final two minutes of the Super Bowl again. I SWEAR Mahomes was getting confirmation from the refs on where to kneel. Have you ever seen someone - in the NFL - intentionally lose more than 1-2 yards per kneel down? Doesnt that normally happen under center?

Would love to see someone in the NFL statistical world analyze the average, and top 10 largest, yards lost on three straight kneel downs.

Vegas made an ENORMOUS amount of money by him losing FIFTEEN YARDS on three kneels.

I recall him talking to the ref and another official before actually putting his knee on the ground. It was such a weird sequence, I didn't understand it in real time.

Now I think I know.

He was running around to take time off the clock.  If you don't wanna lose money, don't gamble - it's pretty simple

20 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

He was running around to take time off the clock.  If you don't wanna lose money, don't gamble - it's pretty simple

From Ohio, can't gamble. 

Well that was made more as a general statement, but yeah, there's a reason why they say "the house always wins"

33 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

It's an old school tactic.  I remember they used to run 30 yards backwards and take a safety in a specific situation.  Gamblers would be calling for a House inquiry if that happened today.

They didn't have enough time left, with SFs time outs, to just take 3 kneel downs and end it. Since they are up 2 scores with the victory formation, 49ers are being sportsman-like and not sending a hard rush. Mahommes either noticed or was told by the sidelines that he needed to kill a few extra seconds each kneel down to burn the clock. He likely told the refs "I'm taking a knee, but I'm not going straight down. I'm going to bleed the clock a few seconds before taking each knee" so that the Refs didn't instinctively blow the play dead right away before he kneeled down.

I'll have to watch again, but the kneel down between the 2nd and 3rd used timeouts for San Fran... I don't think the game clock ran down at all. 

On 2/3/2020 at 9:37 AM, dawkins4prez said:

[wallyhorse]Gamblers will be calling for a House inquiry from what happened in the game.[/wallyhorse]

fyp

On 2/3/2020 at 9:32 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Prop bets are for degenerates.

This might be the most inaccurate statement in EMB history... and that’s saying something.

I agree that most prop bets are losing propositions, but +EV plays may be found all the time. For instance, when Embiid was injured Al Horford over props were an ATM machine for 3 or 4 games.

I read somewhere at least one of the larger betting establishments refunded that particular prop bet due to the circumstances.

13 hours ago, SBorBust said:

This might be the most inaccurate statement in EMB history... and that’s saying something.

I agree that most prop bets are losing propositions, but +EV plays may be found all the time. For instance, when Embiid was injured Al Horford over props were an ATM machine for 3 or 4 games.

🤣

Spoken in the lingo of a true degenerate!  Look mate, I know for sure that the best plays are hidden way down at the bottom of the books where small amounts tilt things favorbaly.  You can definitely be more successful betting the under of college basketball games.  But if you do that, you are a textbook degenerate gambler and whatever you win betting those props you are sure to lose somewhere else because you literally spend every moment of your waking life looking for something to bet on.

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

I read somewhere at least one of the larger betting establishments refunded that particular prop bet due to the circumstances.

I wish Draft Kings did that, I lost about 20 bucks on that one.

58 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

🤣

Spoken in the lingo of a true degenerate!  Look mate, I know for sure that the best plays are hidden way down at the bottom of the books where small amounts tilt things favorbaly.  You can definitely be more successful betting the under of college basketball games.  But if you do that, you are a textbook degenerate gambler and whatever you win betting those props you are sure to lose somewhere else because you literally spend every moment of your waking life looking for something to bet on.

So much ignorance. So few words.

Math is (should be) your friend.

1 minute ago, SBorBust said:

So much ignorance. So few words.

Too close to home, huh?  But please continue, I do like these threads.

7 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Too close to home, huh?  But please continue, I do like these threads.

I was trying to educate you. It never occurred to you to listen to anything I said. Have a good day.

Didn't they also score a TD to go up 11 points when they could have knelt to end the game? Doesn't that go against this idea that Mahomes was kneeling when the officials told him to?