xzmattzx

Jaguars to play 2 games in London now

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Think is... The Jags really aren't in a great spot geographically. And the Chargers made a huge mistake by moving to LA after the Rams had. 

Well that was the owners doing. He is the only one that had that bright idea. I think mostly everyone else knew it was a bad idea. 

In recent days, I've watched several videos on YouTube from several of the London games, and they do get a great turnout with 80,000+ crowds.

If the 17 game schedule is approved, I'd be curious to see how a larger slate of games would do. Would there be enough support for all 17 games, with each team having to play one game in London? Maybe have a game or two played in Berlin with a game or two also slated for Mexico with the remainder in London.

25 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

In recent days, I've watched several videos on YouTube from several of the London games, and they do get a great turnout with 80,000+ crowds.

If the 17 game schedule is approved, I'd be curious to see how a larger slate of games would do. Would there be enough support for all 17 games, with each team having to play one game in London? Maybe have a game or two played in Berlin with a game or two also slated for Mexico with the remainder in London.

I think you could get good turnout for a year or two but eventually everyone that wants to go see their team play over there would have already and the attendance would drop quickly and sharply. 

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

I think you could get good turnout for a year or two but eventually everyone that wants to go see their team play over there would have already and the attendance would drop quickly and sharply. 

Maybe so, but looking at the turnout at the various games that I've watched videos from, it looks like fans of all teams show up regardless of who's playing. Of course, that could be just because of the novelty of it. So whether that could be sustained over the long haul remains to be seen.

Probably a good measure of that would be if they could sell a good number of season tickets. Different from season tickets here, their season tickets would be for basically random teams each year. Or if all 32 teams are going to play over there, they'd be season tickets for all 32 teams.

Of course, there'd be another difference also, or at least there could be a difference. That would be the number of games that are included in the season ticket package. Someone could buy a season ticket for all of the games, which could potentially be 17 games or maybe just a portion of games. Or if the games are split between the two stadiums (is it only 2 that games are played in?), then a season ticket package for just one of the stadiums.

If fan support can be sustained, then I can definitely see how the league could cash in on having a full slate of games in London, and while I don't want the Eagles to ever lose a home game to play over there, I'm not as opposed to London regular season games as some are. Especially if all London games are pulled from that 17th game and no team has an 'extra' home game. So there's be 8 home and away games and 1 International game every season.

On the surface of it, it seems like a good way for the league to grow the international fan base.