McNabbIsGone

Trade Dak Straight Up To Pats & Sign Brady - Do You Make The Deal?

I mean I hope they do. Trade away the future, overpay for a 400 year old QB (that's not a typo) when you're not really that close to being SB contenders? And Brady now isn't the QB to take you over the top...

This is a no-brainer. Heck yeah I would. Dak is being difficult. Brady has shown he's better, plus I can groom next QB under Brady.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean I hope they do. Trade away the future, overpay for a 400 year old QB (that's not a typo) when you're not really that close to being SB contenders? And Brady now isn't the QB to take you over the top...

Dak, the future? If Cowboys give Dak what he wants, they wouldn't have much talent.He's replaceable.

1 hour ago, gameshowfan91 said:

This is a no-brainer. Heck yeah I would. Dak is being difficult. Brady has shown he's better, plus I can groom next QB under Brady.

Dak, the future? If Cowboys give Dak what he wants, they wouldn't have much talent.He's replaceable.

Replaceable, yes. With Brady, no. Brady’s arm is done. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Replaceable, yes. With Brady, no. Brady’s arm is done. 

Exactly. But hey if Dallas want to pay Brady $30M+ for a year then I say let them. 

This makes a lot of sense only if Brady takes a team discount. I saw a report that Dak turned down 33M (not sure if true of course) he was close to signing then said he wanted more money. I think Wentz is in that number as well if not slightly lower. Dak is over valuing himself and if cowboys want a new QB they need a 1-2 year rental. I think Brady is that rental, plus a young QB can learn from one of the greats.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly. But hey if Dallas want to pay Brady $30M+ for a year then I say let them. 

Sure, why not?

2 hours ago, Sturm said:

This makes a lot of sense only if Brady takes a team discount. I saw a report that Dak turned down 33M (not sure if true of course) he was close to signing then said he wanted more money. I think Wentz is in that number as well if not slightly lower. Dak is over valuing himself and if cowboys want a new QB they need a 1-2 year rental. I think Brady is that rental, plus a young QB can learn from one of the greats.

Tom has never shown a willingness to tutor any understudies AFAIK.

2 hours ago, SBorBust said:

Why would the Patriots make that trade?

Because it's an insanely good trade for them and a terrible trade for the Cowboys.

17 hours ago, SBorBust said:

Why would the Patriots make that trade?

B/C BeliCHEAT sees something in Prescott and thinks he can work with him.

As far as Brady is concerned it's what ever Tom wants to do, as far as I know.

3 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Because it's an insanely good trade for them and a terrible trade for the Cowboys.

So, the team who didn’t want to give Tom Brady $20 million is going to give Dak Prescott $35+?

Some think the scenario might be where it's a three-way deal where the Pats get Dak, the Cowboys get the #3 pick in the draft from Detroit and the Lions get a boatload of picks from the Cowboys and Patriots.  Cowboys sign Brady and draft Tua with the idea Tua gets 2-3 years to learn how Brady does it. 

6 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Please explain how

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

Please explain how

Because the Patriots don't have a quarterback in line to be the successor to Brady. Getting Dak would immediately solve that problem. And Brady only has maybe one year left. The Cowboys would be insane to get rid of Prescott and replace him with someone who would have to be replaced a year (or two) later. 

10 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Trading for a good, but not franchise QB and paying him $30M+ a year is a good deal for NE? Really?

7 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Because the Patriots don't have a quarterback in line to be the successor to Brady. Getting Dak would immediately solve that problem. And Brady only has maybe one year left. The Cowboys would be insane to get rid of Prescott and replace him with someone who would have to be replaced a year (or two) later. 

What would the Cowboys get from the Patriots by trading Prescott under the franchise tag ??

12 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Some think the scenario might be where it's a three-way deal where the Pats get Dak, the Cowboys get the #3 pick in the draft from Detroit and the Lions get a boatload of picks from the Cowboys and Patriots.  Cowboys sign Brady and draft Tua with the idea Tua gets 2-3 years to learn how Brady does it. 

This isn't the NBA they don't do 3 way trades and by some you mean just you

28 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

This isn't the NBA they don't do 3 way trades and by some you mean just you

Actually I first heard this proposed a couple of days ago on ESPN Radio.  

And it's true, you don't see three-way trades very often but this is where I could see it done (Dak to the Pats for picks that are subsequently sent to the Lions along with their own picks for the #3 pick to get Tua while also signing Brady). 

43 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Actually I first heard this proposed a couple of days ago on ESPN Radio.  

And it's true, you don't see three-way trades very often but this is where I could see it done (Dak to the Pats for picks that are subsequently sent to the Lions along with their own picks for the #3 pick to get Tua while also signing Brady). 

No, searched it all over ESPN nothing there about this. Also why on Earth would lions take this deal? Where 2 teams help themselves with the potential of great QBs and the Lions just get a bunch of leftover picks? 

This is beyond stupid....

Dak will be in Dallas most likely under the franchise tag and Brady will be back in NE.

3 hours ago, RepPhilly said:

Dak will be in Dallas most likely under the franchise tag and Brady will be back in NE.

This...

4 hours ago, RepPhilly said:

If I was them, I use use transition, not franchise, tag. It gives them chance to see what teams would pay him (can match or decline offer), plus it's cheaper tag (about $27M). Does anyone think any team would trade good compensation AND give Dak whatever he wants? If not, Cowboys would be stuck paying him about $33.4M under franchise tag.