McNabbIsGone

Trade Dak Straight Up To Pats & Sign Brady - Do You Make The Deal?

On 2/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, SBorBust said:

So, the team who didn’t want to give Tom Brady $20 million is going to give Dak Prescott $35+?

Brady made his money doing endorsements. So he agreed to take the home team discount. If he had switched teams, how much would he lose in local endorsements?

7 hours ago, toolg said:

Brady made his money doing endorsements. So he agreed to take the home team discount. If he had switched teams, how much would he lose in local endorsements?

It probably also helped he has a super model wife making more than he does. 

Sure, Dak with even less weapons, and Brady still not able to throw deep more than once a game anymore.

12 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

If I was them, I use use transition, not franchise, tag. It gives them chance to see what teams would pay him (can match or decline offer), plus it's cheaper tag (about $27M). Does anyone think any team would trade good compensation AND give Dak whatever he wants? If not, Cowboys would be stuck paying him about $33.4M under franchise tag.

I think the only reason this is being leaked is to scare Dak. 

A trade would not be in his best interests because very few teams would pay him what he wants.

It's the Cousins dance all over again.

On 2/8/2020 at 4:36 AM, gameshowfan91 said:

This is a no-brainer. Heck yeah I would. Dak is being difficult. Brady has shown he's better, plus I can groom next QB under Brady.

Dak, the future? If Cowboys give Dak what he wants, they wouldn't have much talent.He's replaceable.

Dak being difficult?  You nuts?  Production wise he has been at least as good as Goff or Wentz.  Bith of those guys already got re-signed ON TOP of making top 2 money.  dak's been busting his a** FOUR YEARS on fourth rd pick peanuts.  Whatever you think he's worth, ADD about 5-6 million/yr because Jerruh straight up owes him.

12 hours ago, toolg said:

He'd make MORE in endorsements.  Brady is the bigger brand name than the New england friggin Patriots.  He takes that show to Las vegas or LA or god forbid Dallas he will milk a field full of cows.

On 2/8/2020 at 11:09 PM, Wallyhorse said:

Some think the scenario might be where it's a three-way deal where the Pats get Dak, the Cowboys get the #3 pick in the draft from Detroit and the Lions get a boatload of picks from the Cowboys and Patriots.  Cowboys sign Brady and draft Tua with the idea Tua gets 2-3 years to learn how Brady does it. 

If you sign Brady you are spending your top pick n trying to win in a 2 yr window.  Maybe a team with a boatlaod of picks like the Raiders could sign draft Brady and then take a 2nd rd Qb to groom, but otherwise you are all in.

16 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

He'd make MORE in endorsements.  Brady is the bigger brand name than the New england friggin Patriots.  He takes that show to Las vegas or LA or god forbid Dallas he will milk a field full of cows.

I agree, Brady is a bigger brand than the football team. The Boston/New England market is pretty dang big on its own merits. Brady earned his status there, winning Super Bowls and playing his entire career in New England (thus far). If he goes right to NY or LA, does he get the same endorsement deals, competing with all the other celebrities? Does a smaller market like Dallas or Vegas accept him right away, and is the amount of endorsement money there?

3 minutes ago, toolg said:

I agree, Brady is a bigger brand than the football team. The Boston/New England market is pretty dang big on its own merits. Brady earned his status there, winning Super Bowls and playing his entire career in New England (thus far). If he goes right to NY or LA, does he get the same endorsement deals, competing with all the other celebrities? Does a smaller market like Dallas or Vegas accept him right away, and is the amount of endorsement money there?

I honestly hope he goes to Las Vegas and becomes a Raider.  If you are going to be a rebel and try to prove everybody wrong do it in style.  Heck, I think I could root for Brady the Raider.

Brady has never played for another NFL-coach besides Belichick. What does he look like as QB in another system? Plus his physical skills have diminished. He seemed to go over the hill last year. Interesting to see what he can do outside New England. How much does he have left?

After watching the 49ers get so close in the Super Bowl but watch it fall away so fast due to ineffective QB play... Wouldn't it be interesting if they got Brady and reunited him with Garoppolo? His buddy Wes Welker is a coach.

On 2/8/2020 at 12:53 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Because it's an insanely good trade for them and a terrible trade for the Cowboys.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, downundermike said:

Please explain how

Still looking for an explanation as to why it is bad for the Cowboys if Dak is franchised then traded.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Still looking for an explanation as to why it is bad for the Cowboys if Dak is franchised then traded.

If the Cowboys trade Dak for Tom, they're in win-now mode. Brady has little shelf-life left. Looking at the Cowboys roster, that sort of makes sense. But is old Tom Brady any better than relatively young Dak Prescott? Then when Brady is done, they have to start over at QB. But if they have no interest in extending Prescott for big money, then the point is moot. I can see it both ways.

11 minutes ago, toolg said:

But is old Tom Brady any better than relatively young Dak Prescott? Then when Brady is done, they have to start over at QB.

This is precisely the point as to why this would be a poor course of action for the Cowboys. 

30 minutes ago, toolg said:

If the Cowboys trade Dak for Tom, they're in win-now mode. Brady has little shelf-life left. Looking at the Cowboys roster, that sort of makes sense. But is old Tom Brady any better than relatively young Dak Prescott? Then when Brady is done, they have to start over at QB. But if they have no interest in extending Prescott for big money, then the point is moot. I can see it both ways.

The article states franchise Dak, trade him and sign Brady as a free agent.

So if you stay with the standard compensation for a franchise tagged player, after it is all done the Cowboys have

2 - 2020 first round picks

2 - 2021 first round picks

Tom Brady to be the bridge QB while you develop his replacement.

Does not sound like it will be bad for the Cowboys at all.

On 2/9/2020 at 11:26 AM, bwestbrook36 said:

No, searched it all over ESPN nothing there about this. Also why on Earth would lions take this deal? Where 2 teams help themselves with the potential of great QBs and the Lions just get a bunch of leftover picks? 

He's right.

it was on the radio.  Just speculation by people playing Madden / EMB Mock Draft ;). 

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So if you stay with the standard compensation for a franchise tagged player, after it is all done the Cowboys have

2 - 2020 first round picks

2 - 2021 first round picks

Assuming somebody wants to give up 2 first-round picks for Dak... The Cowboys might be stuck with Dak if they franchise tag him. So they could use the transition tag instead; the Cowboys get less back in trade but he'd be easier to move.

5 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Dak's been busting his a** FOUR YEARS on fourth rd pick peanuts.  Whatever you think he's worth, ADD about 5-6 million/yr because Jerruh straight up owes him.

When you say it like that, yeah, I agree . . . apples to apples.

I honestly can't see the Pies going after Brady.

Time to pay up, Jerruh.

5 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Dak being difficult?  You nuts?  1) Production wise he has been at least as good as Goff or Wentz.  Bith of those guys already got re-signed ON TOP of making top 2 money.  2) dak's been busting his a** FOUR YEARS on fourth rd pick peanuts.  Whatever you think he's worth, ADD about 5-6 million/yr because Jerruh straight up owes him.

1) No he hasn't. Wentz (even though he wasn't actual starter) and Goff got their teams to Super Bowl, Dak hasn't. Zeke carried Dak in 2016. When Zeke got suspended in 2017,  Dak sucked. A. Cooper needed to save Dak in 2018. In 2019, Dak couldn't be a team with practice squad guys with division on line.

2) That's his fault for not being good enough to go top of draft. Jerry has offered Dak $33M/year (more than fair offer), and he turned it down.

1 hour ago, toolg said:

Assuming somebody wants to give up 2 first-round picks for Dak... The Cowboys might be stuck with Dak if they franchise tag him. So they could use the transition tag instead; the Cowboys get less back in trade but he'd be easier to move.

Exactly what I'm saying.

1 hour ago, toolg said:

With the transition tag, Dallas would only retain the right to match any offer. They would not be owed compensation. 

1 hour ago, IFB DOG said:

He's right.

it was on the radio.  Just speculation by people playing Madden / EMB Mock Draft ;). 

I've seen all the stuff for Dak and Brady. Didn't see anything about the Lions being involved. Oh well still stupid. 

On 2/9/2020 at 11:26 AM, bwestbrook36 said:

No, searched it all over ESPN nothing there about this. Also why on Earth would lions take this deal? Where 2 teams help themselves with the potential of great QBs and the Lions just get a bunch of leftover picks? 

Lions apparently need a lot of help all over the place.  If they got a boatload of picks from such deal, they could solidify everything and maybe resurrect Stafford.  

11 hours ago, toolg said:

Brady has never played for another NFL-coach besides Belichick. What does he look like as QB in another system? Plus his physical skills have diminished. He seemed to go over the hill last year. Interesting to see what he can do outside New England. How much does he have left?

After watching the 49ers get so close in the Super Bowl but watch it fall away so fast due to ineffective QB play... Wouldn't it be interesting if they got Brady and reunited him with Garoppolo? His buddy Wes Welker is a coach.

If we're going the route of Patriots connections, I'd bring up the Titans as a possible destination as they have to make a decision on Ryan Tannehill this offseason.

Maybe Mike Vrabel takes a chance on his former teammate to take the Titans to the Super Bowl?

The Chargers are probably the most intriguing destination with a better group of offensive skill position players overall. Derrick Henry and AJ Brown were very good for the Titans this year, but the Chargers have Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry, and a nice 1-2 duo of Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler.

If Dak doesn't sign the tag offer, he cant be traded. The Cowboys would have to pay Brady, and then hold that tag money or release Dak.

Holding the tag money means limited fa. Releasing Dak means maybe s 3rd, next year, in compensation.

Brady should play for the CFL into his 50s, like an aging soccer star playing for and part owning an MLS team