gameshowfan91

Anyone watching XFL?

I am watching it right now. So far, no excess of flags. I like way they do kickoffs (no annoying touchbacks). Punts are really no different.  For both, if ball goes out of bounds or into endzone, opposing team starts at 35 yard line. I like PAT. For a successful attempt, it is 1 point at 2 yard line, 2 points at 5 yard line, 3 points at 10 yard line (no kicking PAT, which was really easy). I also really like Live Mic from head coaches. I also that there is a 25 second clock between plays. That can make for a more competitive last few minutes of games. One thing I'm not crazy about is receivers only need foot down for a catch; I think it should be 2 feet down. I'm also not into a running game clock (outside of final 2 minutes)- less chances of making plays.

17 minutes ago, dutchman063 said:

Im watching, its not great but its not bad either

If this is the general consensus, it won't last.

9 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

If seen plenty of worse games in the NFL than the one im watching now

25 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

Could it survive based on being OK though? I mean it's the right time of year, it's no direct competition for the NFL. If they embraced being a feeder league perhaps?

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So how does that work?

No kicking. 1 point line up from 2. Two points line up from 5. Three points line up from the 10.

1 minute ago, Uscg-Green said:

No kicking. 1 point line up from 2. Two points line up from 5. Three points line up from the 10.

No XP kicking at all? Interesting. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Could it survive based on being OK though? I mean it's the right time of year, it's no direct competition for the NFL. If they embraced being a feeder league perhaps?

A long arse NFL season just ended I don't have the want to get into another football league that is going to be a half arse sheet show. Besides once free agency and the combine get going no one is going to give a flying eff what is going on with these clowns. 

What I saw wasn’t as horrid as the first go round in 2001. How much I’ll watch going forward? I dunno. There is no team in a location I can relate to. First game I sorta watched was Seattle @ DC. And my initial thought was F them both. 

I watched parts of the first two games. The product is WAY better than that of the failed football leagues of the past. 

Unfortunately, I think all the hype and expectation for the dreadful failed leagues has made people not want to give this new XFL a chance.

16 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I watched parts of the first two games. The product is WAY better than that of the failed football leagues of the past. 

Unfortunately, I think all the hype and expectation for the dreadful failed leagues has made people not want to give this new XFL a chance.

I think I'm a week or 2 when the NFL season has worn off they will check it out. Then free agency and the draft will be coming up and people won't care about it again. 

7 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

A long arse NFL season just ended I don't have the want to get into another football league that is going to be a half arse sheet show. Besides once free agency and the combine get going no one is going to give a flying eff what is going on with these clowns. 

No ok that's fair. The timing is a little odd. I mean the NFL off season is too long, but to start the XFL season so close to the end of the NFL season is odd. We don't yet have that thirst for football. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No ok that's fair. The timing is a little odd. I mean the NFL off season is too long, but to start the XFL season so close to the end of the NFL season is odd. We don't yet have that thirst for football. 

I do just not this football lol. 

51 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I do just not this football lol. 

That’s understandable. Especially with the AAF flop last year. I will say what little I saw yesterday didn’t seem horrific. It at least appeared the teams had practiced before being thrown into games. Some of the rule differences will take some getting used to. Not sure if I like them yet. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That’s understandable. Especially with the AAF flop last year. I will say what little I saw yesterday didn’t seem horrific. It at least appeared the teams had practiced before being thrown into games. Some of the rule differences will take some getting used to. Not sure if I like them yet. 

Is there really only 8 teams? If that's the case I don't see to many people becoming invested in limited teams. I hate all those cities lol. 

58 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Is there really only 8 teams? If that's the case I don't see to many people becoming invested in limited teams. I hate all those cities lol. 

Yep, 8 so far, and that's part of my issue. Right now, aside from St Louis, the other 7 teams come from cities, who's NFL team I hate, or don't really care for. And I have zero ties to St Louis, so I don't feel a connection to any team. The one compliment is the play wasn't as sloppy as I expected.

One quick comment on only having 8 teams. With 2 games on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday, it does give a chance to watch the whole league since all 4 games every week are stand alone games. It'll give those who want to give the league a chance to see the whole product.