gameshowfan91

Anyone watching XFL?

16 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

What I saw wasn’t as horrid as the first go round in 2001. How much I’ll watch going forward? I dunno. There is no team in a location I can relate to. First game I sorta watched was Seattle @ DC. And my initial thought was F them both. 

That’s where I’m at regarding the teams. Can’t bring myself to root for a DC, NY or Dallas team, for obvious reasons. I hate the Seahawks, so that leaves a bad taste in my mouth for Seattle. F LA. 

If I have to choose, I’ll probably pull for St Louis by default. 

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

That’s where I’m at regarding the teams. Can’t bring myself to root for a DC, NY or Dallas team, for obvious reasons. I hate the Seahawks, so that leaves a bad taste in my mouth for Seattle. F LA. 

Yeah, it's for sure going to be tougher for those with no ties to any city.

I don't see the XFL taking off and it'll certainly never become what the NFL is... But as background TV? Whilst doing other things? Yeah I mean I'll put it on from time to time. 

I could only take a minute or two, then turned it. If anything, it could give former prospects another shot at making an NFL roster.

The Combine and the NFL Draft will get more viewers than XFL's entire season.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't see the XFL taking off and it'll certainly never become what the NFL is... But as background TV? Whilst doing other things? Yeah I mean I'll put it on from time to time. 

It wont last very long.  The crowds are small and the players and teams nobody cares about.

Fans love the NFL because of the atmosphere where they have huge crowds, loyal and crazy fan bases where they are tied to a certain team or city.

Only way there can be another league is if they make it like a farm system or G-league for the NFL teams.  Without any association to the real NFL teams, the XFL, AAF or any other league wont last.

In addition to the earlier stated point of using the XFL as a "farm system" for the NFL, the 8 team model would have been more effective if all 8 teams came from large US cities without an NFL team (or cities that lost NFL teams*):

For example:

West Conference:

San Diego*

Oakland*

Portland

San Antonio

East Conference:

St. Louis*

Louisville

Memphis

Columbus

The Alliance of American Football did a good job in that area with teams in Birmingham, Memphis, Orlando, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, and San Diego. The only two markets in which they hosted a team in the same city as an NFL team were Atlanta and Tempe, AZ.

15 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They haven't folded yet?

Not yet. It's definitely better than their first go round. How it plays out remains to be seen.

5 minutes ago, zenclaybourne said:

Donnel Pumphrey had 4 carries for 5 yards, and caught one pass for three yards in yesterday's game.

That's a big day for him.

56 minutes ago, zenclaybourne said:

Donnel Pumphrey had 4 carries for 5 yards, and caught one pass for three yards in yesterday's game.

Yeah that makes me want to watch it 🙄

45 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

I don’t know who to root for, but I do find myself rooting against Dallas. 

Agreed. St Louis is the only XFL team from a city who I don't hate or dislike in the NFL.

Watched a little on Saturday. Meh, it was alright. Don't really care who was winning, just wanted to see some football. I am not sure how much I will watch going forward.

I actually had NASCAR on Sunday for a bit. Haven't watched that in about 5 years!

On 2/8/2020 at 5:42 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

A long arse NFL season just ended I don't have the want to get into another football league that is going to be a half arse sheet show. Besides once free agency and the combine get going no one is going to give a flying eff what is going on with these clowns. 

This.

I'm still recuperating from the NFL season.

I actually enjoy the break between the SB and the start of camp. Gives me something to look forward to.

3 minutes ago, madriver said:

This.

I'm still recuperating from the NFL season.

I actually enjoy the break between the SB and the start of camp. Gives me something to look forward to.

Between the buildup of the off-season and the limited games played, it's why the NFL hits the sweet spot for sports fans and why it has the highest revenue.

11 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Between the buildup of the off-season and the limited games played, it's why the NFL hits the sweet spot for sports fans and why it has the highest revenue.

I hadn't thought about that actually. I mean my initial thought was that it's too soon after the NFL season ends. But actually they probably want to avoid the major NFL milestones as much as possible. 

On 2/9/2020 at 9:21 AM, nipples said:

St louis has the best uni’s 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 4:34 PM, zenclaybourne said:

Damn! I knew we should have kept him!

On 2/8/2020 at 4:58 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Could it survive based on being OK though? I mean it's the right time of year, it's no direct competition for the NFL. If they embraced being a feeder league perhaps?

Not sure considering XFL guys make 35k  a year and thats not even guaranteed, only if they are active game days.  It seems the risk "concussions and injuries" will become an issue since 35k isn't paying many doctors bills if these guys are out of the league. I'm sure xfl has insurance etc but still.  I see it as a separate league instead of feeder, maybe the odd guy here n there will get picked up, but for the most part I think teams will promote guys from their own PS before signing XFL guys.