Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

2020 Free Agent QBs UPDATE: Rivers to the Colts, Brady to the Bucs

Let's assume that Brady gone from NE and Philip Rivers us gone from L.A. (which has already been said to be so). Where's the likely landing spots for them?

Could/would Frank Reich try to get one of them in Indy? Would one of those two make Indy a Super Bowl contender?

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Let's assume that Brady gone from NE and Philip Rivers us gone from L.A. (which has already been said to be so). Where's the likely landing spots for them?

Could/would Frank Reich try to get one of them in Indy? Would one of those two make Indy a Super Bowl contender?

I'm gonna say absolutely not. Rivers just doesn't seem to be able to get it done with all the talent he has had over the years. It's obviously not all on him but, he is starting to show his age and not getting the ball out like he used to. Same with Brady although I think he can still help a contender 

I think Rivers lands in Indy and I think that's a move that makes a lot of sense. 

Brady... Hmm Vegas? They may be willing to make a real splash. 

7 hours ago, Captain F said:

What about Rivers to Miami to help groom Tua for a year or 2?

I don't think Rivers would want to spend his last year's waiting to get yanked for a new QB. That's basically all that happens in those situations. 

6 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I don't think Rivers would want to spend his last year's waiting to get yanked for a new QB. That's basically all that happens in those situations. 

Yeah doesn't seem logical to me. Mind you I guess he could get somewhat screwed? He could pick Miami being told he's their guy and then they draft a QB at #5. I'm pretty sure that's happened before?

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah doesn't seem logical to me. Mind you I guess he could get somewhat screwed? He could pick Miami being told he's their guy and then they draft a QB at #5. I'm pretty sure that's happened before?

Yes that's happens often as well. Just like they resigned bradford here then ended up trading for Wentz . I know Bradford was young but, still

On 2/19/2020 at 10:01 PM, downundermike said:

Rivers TB or Indy

Brady NE or LAC

I originally thought Tampa for Rivers, but he not much of an upgrade over Winston. Both are interception machines.

6 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Rivers has never won a SB title. Would make sense to me that he wouldn't want to go to a team that is in a serious rebuild, like Miami. 

It would yes but then it's going to depend what kind of market he has right? If he wants to go to a contender then who's realistically going to be in for him? If he can't find a contender then there's worse places to go and get paid isn't there?

I think the carousel is going to be wild and looks like more than one team will come up empty handed.  Rivers is cooked, Stafford, Carr, Brady Tannehill I think all change cities.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I think the carousel is going to be wild and looks like more than one team will come up empty handed.  Rivers is cooked, Stafford, Carr, Brady Tannehill I think all change cities.

You think Stafford goes? So you think Detroit go QB at #3? But which one?

12 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I would expect the Titans to try to keep Tannehill.

18 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I would expect the Titans to try to keep Tannehill.

He did well enough to learn that? But then think how far they could have gone potentially with a better QB? A game winner perhaps. 

On 2/29/2020 at 1:02 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Doesnt Stafford have a ridiculous cap hit even if traded?

7 hours ago, boogyman said:

Doesnt Stafford have a ridiculous cap hit even if traded?

I'm not sure myself but, he is a few years into that contract so that is usually when it's easier to cut or trade a guy on a big contract

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He did well enough to learn that? But then think how far they could have gone potentially with a better QB? A game winner perhaps. 

Yeah he was pretty crappy in the playoffs for sure. Then again I'm not sure they are in position to do better right now

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 6:22 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I see that Rivers is signing with Indy.

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I see that Rivers is signing with Indy.

Good move from both sides. Mind you where's Brady going to go now? Lots of spots being filled. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Good move from both sides. Mind you where's Brady going to go now? Lots of spots being filled. 

The two teams that I've seen speculated on is Tampa and the Chargers.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The two teams that I've seen speculated on is Tampa and the Chargers.

Both of which would be terrible options for Brady I think. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Both of which would be terrible options for Brady I think. 

I've also seen Miami being thrown into the mix.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've also seen Miami being thrown into the mix.

I mean for them that would make sense to sit their rookie behind Brady for a year... But then that's another bad spot for him if he wants to contend. 

How about Cam Newton, where could he go and start? Tampa, if they don't get Brady. Maybe the Chargers, if they don't get him.

I have no idea where Cam Newton will land if he wants to be a starter. I mean possibly the Chargers if they want a starter while the rookie QB gets up to speed. Don't know if he'd want to be in a situation like that but there aren't any alternatives really....