Wallyhorse

CBA discussion thread

4 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Don't be surprised if this goes as planned that every four years the NFL has to start the season earlier in late August in order to have the Super Bowl during the Winter Olympics UNLESS those happen to be in the Southern Hemisphere when they could then be held during the traditional summer dates.  The International Olympic Committee is the ONE governing body with the power to for example in 2022 demand the NFL move the Super Bowl up a week so it doesn't overlap the Beijing Winter Olympics or discourage countries wanting to host an Olympics from doing business with the NFL or deny any and all bids for a US Olympic games. 

Friday prime time would do way better than Saturday afternoon.  Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it's crap. 

You are literally the only one that ever brings this up so you are the only one that likes it. And yes it is crap just like the rest of your ridiculous scenarios that never happen. 

1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Here we go this Friday game crap again. @EagleJoe8

You know, I was actually thinking of commenting on how hell bent he is on getting a Friday WC game. Afterall, we just avoided it happening by 1 measly inch when SF stopped Seattle at the goal line. The NFL breathed a sigh of relief, because there was no possible way they could have foreseen the possibility of the Saints earning a first round bye heading into the season.

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

You know, I was actually thinking of commenting on how hell bent he is on getting a Friday WC game. Afterall, we just avoided it happening by 1 measly inch when SF stopped Seattle at the goal line. The NFL breathed a sigh of relief, because there was no possible way they could have foreseen the possibility of the Saints earning a first round bye heading into the season.

Yes I know cause of the wizards and all lol. Is there even anything big on Fridays anymore? They have some NBA games and 20/20 and crap but no real big TV shows that I know of. Probably cause everyone bis rushing around all day Friday getting ready for the weekend and don't want to rush to get everything done before a NFL game comes on. This is why week day NFL games suck! Also they don't want to take away from the highschool sports that are typically played on a Friday. 

17 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I still say the players reject it. As they should. The last couple games of a 16 game season are mess for a lot of teams. Because of an already clinched spot or injuries or they flat out suck. 

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Better to be pissed off than on...

I agree, but there are some freaky people out there who might not agree lol.

48 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

You can't assume a team is going to make the playoffs like that.  Things like the CFB Championship are scheduled YEARS in advance, and there is no way when that is scheduled five years out you can say for sure the home NFL would be hosting a playoff game that weekend.

In a perfect world, they would move the CFB Championship to Thursday, but you'd lose a lot of tourism having it on Thursday night.  

7 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

You can't assume a team is going to make the playoffs like that.  Things like the CFB Championship are scheduled YEARS in advance, and there is no way when that is scheduled five years out you can say for sure the home NFL would be hosting a playoff game that weekend.

In a perfect world, they would move the CFB Championship to Thursday, but you'd lose a lot of tourism having it on Thursday night.  

There's a difference between assuming it will happen, and being taken by surprise by it. It's not like the Saints have been a downtrodden team in recent years. If someone said before the season began that the Saints would get one of the 2 byes, you could probably count on one hand the number of people that would have been surprised by that.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I agree, but there are some freaky people out there who might not agree lol.

Wet works

I'm beginning to think the NFL hates the Saints almost as much as the Eagles.

6 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Yes, if they agree to it, if not, then there will be negotiations. But look at my last post, it's not likely highly paid players will agree to a 17th week being capped at $250K.

I think we are in violent agreement here Don. Literally what I've said you've said. Thanks for the clarification. 

19 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Yes, if they agree to it, if not, then there will be negotiations. But look at my last post, it's not likely highly paid players will agree to a 17th week being capped at $250K.

Yeah, not likely they agree to that.

Far more players make less than 4 million a year. So I would say more would like the extra check.

18 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

This sucks. Now the Giants have more opportunities to sneak in at 7-9 or 8-8 and win the whole thing. Also we have injury prone Wentz. An extra game with him at QB is not a good thing.

Stop crying about the Giants all the time. 

19 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Don't be surprised if this goes as planned that every four years the NFL has to start the season earlier in late August in order to have the Super Bowl during the Winter Olympics UNLESS those happen to be in the Southern Hemisphere when they could then be held during the traditional summer dates.  The International Olympic Committee is the ONE governing body with the power to for example in 2022 demand the NFL move the Super Bowl up a week so it doesn't overlap the Beijing Winter Olympics or discourage countries wanting to host an Olympics from doing business with the NFL or deny any and all bids for a US Olympic games. 

Friday prime time would do way better than Saturday afternoon.  Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it's crap. 

Yikes. I only had to read the first sentence.

I dont think the extra game will be a sticking point for most of the average players either. Yeah the stars have long careers, but the average player plays a little longer than 3 years. That's 3 or 4 extra games for his entire career. The middle and bottom of the roster guys are going to make up the majority of the votes if and when it gets to the players.

Definitely expecting a lockout. Whether or not it'll be resolved prior to the regular season is the real question.

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

17 game season. No more .500 records unles you go 8-8-1

Garret will be out of the league if that goes down

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

CBA.thumb.jpg.783c70ad2f7a92f6212913100acaf0b7.jpg

53 isn't even enough anymore so 2 more players for another game is? I'm slowly hating the NFL

17 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

53 isn't even enough anymore so 2 more players for another game is? I'm slowly hating the NFL

I read something somewhere that teams will also have an extra offensive lineman on gamedays, as an emergency lineman in case of injuries.

So say Lane and Brandon both go down in the same game, the ''emergency" lineman can then be put into the game. Sort of like the old 'emergency QB'.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I read something somewhere that teams will also have an extra offensive lineman on gamedays, as an emergency lineman in case of injuries.

So say Lane and Brandon both go down in the same game, the ''emergency" lineman can then be put into the game. Sort of like the old 'emergency QB'.

Maybe I've gotten old but I don't like it

4 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

That's going to be shot down so damn fast by the players. 

I just wonder how many players are unprepared (financially) for a lockout.