Sign in to follow this  
TravelerVic

I am not sure that there will be a NFL season...?

The elephant in the room is a Corona Virus. I am not panicking or afraid of pandemic. After listening to a Wall street analyst (Bernstein) saying that Disney may shut down the parks...I am not sure that the same fate is not in store for the NFL and the upcoming season. Right now it is a wait and see attitude, because we are in uncharted waters. But if I had to bet..I would bet that if all public events are getting cancelled, then the NFL will follow.

Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

The NFL season does not start for another 5 months..... Relax

Lol it'll be here before you know it. But it's all a wait and see. Push come to shove they may cancel preseason as a precautionary measure....

8 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Lol it'll be here before you know it. But it's all a wait and see. Push come to shove they may cancel preseason as a precautionary measure....

And to make up for preseason lost extend the season to 18 games. It’s brilliant. 

15 minutes ago, lorddevn said:

And to make up for preseason lost extend the season to 18 games. It’s brilliant. 

haha it's all part of the grand scheme

39 minutes ago, TravelerVic said:

The elephant in the room is a Corona Virus. I am not panicking or afraid of pandemic. After listening to a Wall street analyst (Bernstein) saying that Disney may shut down the parks...I am not sure that the same fate is not in store for the NFL and the upcoming season. Right now it is a wait and see attitude, because we are in uncharted waters. But if I had to bet..I would bet that if all public events are getting cancelled, then the NFL will follow.

Great point.  I haven't heard anyone mention this or talk about it at all!  🙄

1 hour ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I know it comes up quick but still getting nuts over it right now should be the least of anyone's concerns. 

38 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I know it comes up quick but still getting nuts over it right now should be the least of anyone's concerns. 

But that's the way the media wants it, everyone getting insane and overreacting about every little thing.        Why should the NFL season be any different?

33 minutes ago, mjkvol said:

But that's the way the media wants it, everyone getting insane and overreacting about every little thing.        Why should the NFL season be any different?

I suppose if people want to lose their minds they are allowed too. Lol. 

Everyone, before you go to sleep tonight, please pray for everybody that you know PERSONALLY that had the Swine flu, Bird flu, SARS, Ebola virus and the Zika virus. Then, pray for those that you KNOW that has Covid-19. When you are done praying for those unfortunate souls, get a good night's sleep. Amen?

By the time the new season comes around we will have had a summer to let the better weather help control and ultimately kill of the virus. That said, what impact will it have on all the preparations? Significant I'd imagine. 

If this is still an issue in 5 months, we probably won't be worrying about the season.    It is alarming how this is crippling the economy so quickly.    A relative works for a manufacturer that relies on parts from China and he told me Monday they are running out of inventory fast and doesn't know when the supply chain will open back up.   

58 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

By the time the new season comes around we will have had a summer to let the better weather help control and ultimately kill of the virus. That said, what impact will it have on all the preparations? Significant I'd imagine. 

It was pointed out that nicer weather doesn't mean anything right now. Since the virus has been spread in warm countries as well. 

3 hours ago, TravelerVic said:

Elephant in the room?  I can’t watch a tv channel or click on a website without reading or seeing "Corona Virus” pop up like an explosion on my phone/tv/computer.  

How the F is this the elephant in the room (meaning something we’re all thinking but not saying?!??!)

If this is still going on 5 months from now, I don’t think anyone is going to care what happens with the NFL season. 

4 hours ago, TravelerVic said:

The elephant in the room is a Corona Virus. I am not panicking or afraid of pandemic. 

You should be. It's serious.

WARNING WARNING WARNING

* TATERGEDDON LEVEL 9 - PANIC MODE *

THIS IS NOT A TEST

WARNING WARNING WARNING 

45 minutes ago, madriver said:

It is if you are 80 or have a immune deficiency condition. If your 34 and healthy  like me its eh I don't want it but i'm not gonna die. The panic from it is the much more dangerous part.

5 hours ago, TravelerVic said:

The elephant in the room is a Corona Virus

You mean the pangolin in the room?

Man-caught-with-live-pangolin.jpg

53 minutes ago, madriver said:

What percentage of people that actually get the Corona virus don't survive? How many of those that don't survive had serious health issues? Cardiac/pulmonary? Ages? If this were something where 10% or more of healthy people who get it die it'd be more of a concern to me. The fatality rate is around 1%  last I heard and I'm not sure how valid that number is because at least in the US the sample is really small.

Not to say we shouldn't pay attention and follow good hygienic practices. I do think that cancelling events where there are a lot of people packed into enclosed spaces - basketball & hockey come to mind this time of year - is prudent. Chicken Little is alive and well and spending way too much time in TV 'news' studios.

51 minutes ago, B3 said:

The draft should be interesting. 

If you ask me just do it where the commish announces the picks, all the analysts talk about the player and they show highlights.  The teams can phone or send their picks in thru text, computer, fax, etc.

They wouldn't be able to do all that other BS in between picks they normally do that wastes time and nobody cares about.

35 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

What percentage of people that actually get the Corona virus don't survive? How many of those that don't survive had serious health issues? Cardiac/pulmonary? Ages? If this were something where 10% or more of healthy people who get it die it'd be more of a concern to me. The fatality rate is around 1%  last I heard and I'm not sure how valid that number is because at least in the US the sample is really small.

Not to say we shouldn't pay attention and follow good hygienic practices. I do think that cancelling events where there are a lot of people packed into enclosed spaces - basketball & hockey come to mind this time of year - is prudent. Chicken Little is alive and well and spending way too much time in TV 'news' studios.

Under 60 with no immune deficiency has a 99.5 percent recovery rate with no major issues. Literally bed rest and Gatorade. I thad to sit through the 3 hour briefing couple days ago. The panic is gonna be more dangerous