Sign in to follow this  
TravelerVic

I am not sure that there will be a NFL season...?

5 hours ago, mjkvol said:

They can say whatever they want, but unless they are planning some idiotic 'no fans' type of scenario, the odds of a season are very long, in my opinion.          Even if by summer the curve is flattening out, the fear of large gatherings will linger into next year at the earliest.          Any kind of fall spike will be the nail in the coffin, so to speak.

I can't disagree with you. At this point I think the disruption to the off season will force a rethink. I'd hope though this thing is under control by September but that's perhaps me being hopeful rather than realistic. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I can't disagree with you. At this point I think the disruption to the off season will force a rethink. I'd hope though this thing is under control by September but that's perhaps me being hopeful rather than realistic. 

I hope it is too, but they fully expect (last I heard), that there will be a second (and maybe a third) wave. So they can have it under control, but still not really be 'out of the woods'.

I fully want an NFL season, but at the same time, I don't want to risk anyone's health/life for it. I can survive by watching the 2017 season, 1 week at a time, until 2021.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It depends what 'under control' means.      There will certainly be a flattening, and then another spike when restrictions are lifted.     Listen, like every other virus and disease there has ever been, these things don't simply 'go away'.         A method for properly treating the virus will be developed as well as a vaccine, and it will be controlled.         Just when that will happen is anyone's guess.

I'm as worried, if not more, about the lasting effects on our society and economy as I am the actual virus, which will eventually run its course.        At what point do people feel comfortable enough to gather in large crowds again?        The amount of small businesses destroyed permanently will be astronomical.        Will we ever be as free again?        It's easy to say 'yes', but this is completely unprecedented in modern times.

Sports leagues and concerts might not get back to some semblance of normal until 2021.      I'm sure there will be an attempt at 'no fans' scenarios at some point, because of the monstrously large TV money that the leagues aren't about to pay back.        Between TV and gambling they will keep the revenue rolling in.

41 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I fully want an NFL season, but at the same time, I don't want to risk anyone's health/life for it. I can survive by watching the 2017 season, 1 week at a time, until 2021

Completely agree with you here buddy. 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I hope it is too, but they fully expect (last I heard), that there will be a second (and maybe a third) wave. So they can have it under control, but still not really be 'out of the woods'.

I fully want an NFL season, but at the same time, I don't want to risk anyone's health/life for it. I can survive by watching the 2017 season, 1 week at a time, until 2021.

Speaking of which, any chance you will ever get around to sending me copies? We actually discussed this about two years ago.

12 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Speaking of which, any chance you will ever get around to sending me copies? We actually discussed this about two years ago.

I completely forgot, I've been dealing with some family health issues for a while and that's been occupying a large majority of my time.

This would be an excellent time to pull out my Blu-Ray/DVD duplicator, though, wouldn't it?

I'll look at the supplies that I have and see what I can do. The only issue that I might run into is that I think my Disc Printer is on the fritz. Last time I tried to print on a disc, it didn't print.

I watched the Eagles/Vikes NFCCG the other night. Ummmm I think that was the 4,518th time. Eagle_smiley.jpg :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I completely forgot, I've been dealing with some family health issues for a while and that's been occupying a large majority of my time.

This would be an excellent time to pull out my Blu-Ray/DVD duplicator, though, wouldn't it?

I'll look at the supplies that I have and see what I can do. The only issue that I might run into is that I think my Disc Printer is on the fritz. Last time I tried to print on a disc, it didn't print.

If you can't do the whole season, the two playoff games would be appreciated. Wouldn't mind the Rams game either. And the disc printing is irrelevant to me.

16 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

If you can't do the whole season, the two playoff games would be appreciated. Wouldn't mind the Rams game either. And the disc printing is irrelevant to me.

I can definitely get something to you to help tide you over. I know that I have at least 10 to 20 discs (I just don't remember exactly how many... or exactly where they are at the moment lol). A lot of my DVD/Blu-Ray stuff had to get packed away, so I'll dig it all out and see where I stand.