Sign in to follow this  
DaBirdwatcher

Stefon Diggs Traded to Buffalo for 4 Picks

2 minutes ago, DaBirdwatcher said:

Bills give Up 1st, 5th and 6th rounders this year and a 2021 4th rd pick 

At least he's in the AFC.  

Glad he's gone from the Vikings, but I'm thinking they'll be using one of their 1st round picks on a WR now.  

That's way too big a price to pay for Diggs. He's a really good receiver but he's not that good. Great trade for Minnesota though especially given the problems they had with him last year. 

6 hours ago, westcoast_cj said:

At least he's in the AFC.  

And we don’t play them again for 4 years. 

Stefon diggs wanted the trade when they extended cousins. Hasn’t he heard cousins is the next drew brees 

10 hours ago, GNS_CLFD said:

Glad he's gone from the Vikings, but I'm thinking they'll be using one of their 1st round picks on a WR now.  

The good thing is that they pick at 22 now, along with 25.  Unless they are planning to jump way up for one of the top 3 WRs?...

I think this is a case of both teams winning out. Diggs get's to leave Minnesota as he clearly wanted out. Bills lose their 1st pick (later in the 1st round at that), the other ones are later rounds, to get a bonafide WR. Diggs fits the mold of a #1 WR, is still young, and in the case of the Bills, absorb much less on his contract and it's now quite team friendly. Instead of playing the WR lottery as likely some guys from this draft will bust, they know exactly what they are getting.

On the flipside, I see Diggs as more of a low-tier WR1. He's fast, big, runs good routes and has good hands, but has attitude issues and troubles focusing and being consistent. Attitude can change as he gets older/matures, we'll see about the focus portion. 

It's a win for the Vikings too since they get a disgruntled WR off the team and books and get a 1st rounder out of it in a WR heavy draft. With Thielen still on the team, who is more of a slot but still very dangerous and probably better than Diggs, the need to get a WR immediateley isn't there either and they can let the board fall to them, and likely, address other parts of the team.

10 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

I think this is a case of both teams winning out. Diggs get's to leave Minnesota as he clearly wanted out. Bills lose their 1st pick (later in the 1st round at that), the other ones are later rounds, to get a bonafide WR. Diggs fits the mold of a #1 WR, is still young, and in the case of the Bills, absorb much less on his contract and it's now quite team friendly. Instead of playing the WR lottery as likely some guys from this draft will bust, they know exactly what they are getting.

On the flipside, I see Diggs as more of a low-tier WR1. He's fast, big, runs good routes and has good hands, but has attitude issues and troubles focusing and being consistent. Attitude can change as he gets older/matures, we'll see about the focus portion. 

It's a win for the Vikings too since they get a disgruntled WR off the team and books and get a 1st rounder out of it in a WR heavy draft. With Thielen still on the team, who is more of a slot but still very dangerous and probably better than Diggs, the need to get a WR immediateley isn't there either and they can let the board fall to them, and likely, address other parts of the team.

The Bills get 4 years of control and virtually no dead money if they want to get rid of him.  He will be average about 11-12m /yr which in light of the Cooper contract is downright very good.  Diggs has really only performed like a #1 once in his career and it was opposite Thielen who was more established.  The Bills had plenty of WR options available in the draft.

I dunno, it's certainly not Hopkins for Johnson bad, but hard to come to any conclusion other than Minny won this trade especially considering the league history of WR malcontents.  Is the difference between Diggs and Robbie Anderson worth a 1st rdar + 3 more picks?

How dumb are the Texans... this is the deal for Diggs, and all they could get for Hopkins was basically a broken down RB and a second round pick?

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

diggs is explosive but really inconsistent...high price to pay, imo. 

That and he’s a whiny bish. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

How dumb are the Texans... this is the deal for Diggs, and all they could get for Hopkins was basically a broken down RB and a second round pick?

I mean it's the worst trade ever isn't it? Makes absolutely zero sense.

7 hours ago, nipples said:

What is ironic is that the Bills and Bill from the Texans both got fleeced.

Had the Bills traded with each other they may have had a balanced deal...